1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Like A Dyke?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Biotech49, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I think my blood is probably much thinner than yours, Greatwhale. The Scarf - of course I had a scarf, handmade in school colors no less! - was otherwise occupied in service to warming my neck, chest & lap!

Besides, that hat has been quite the attention getter in the past! Never know who might be compelled to comment on it. :wink:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, personally I'd love to see that hat! I'm so into scarves these days, they're so...how do I put it...oh yes: fabulous!!

3. GirlWhoWaited

I've had short hair a few time. Hated it. I'm biracial, and it's like those two races got together to create hair that is so fluffy and thick and curly that it looks like wool. It's fine (sort of) long, because the weight helps it lay a bit more nicely. Also, I can french braid the crap out of it.

4. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

:eek: I just glanced in the mirror immediately after towel drying my hair and it is disturbingly reminiscent of Billy Idol. Somebody, find me a comb, quick!!! :help:

[​IMG]

5. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Thanks DragonBait Now I can't get Billy Idol song out of my head. :tears:

6. Biotech49

Oh thank God my hair is shorter than that! I don't want to look like I shocked myself or something!

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

:roflmao:

8. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

:lol: Too funny. Well, mine is too, the sides and around the back are like peach fuzz, top is shorter than his too, but same color, and same overall effect. It was kinda scary. :lol:

p.s. Sorry for the earworm Rose, which song was it? White Wedding? :music:

9. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

10. Biotech49

I do too, I just don't like his hair that much. I'm a half inch on the sides and about an inch on the top. I really like my hair about three weeks after a haircut.

11. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Finally cut my hair. From mid scapula length now at jaw. Told stylist to do what he wanted. Never liked a haircut before! Just feel great!

12. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Woohoo Rose! :eusa_clap Pictures!! Post pictures! We want to see the beautiful new you!

13. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could be more of a butch. I know I feel more comfortable in men's clothing and I have always wanted to cut my hair really short but the thing is my family wouldn't approve. They basically told me that it's ok for me to be gay as long as I stay a girl. Which sucks because I feel so uncomfortable in my own body as well.

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Its frustrating but your only 18. Its great that you are becoming so self aware at such a young age. Think right now its a matter of patience. If your still in High School you might have to wait a bit for the men's clothes. Maybe save this summer and get a couple of things you just wear w/friends or even just look at as hope for future you.

15. wanderinggirl

Oh boy... I had the fauxhawk and am now growing out the bieber... gonna go back to a ponytail though, i dress boyish enough that people willl get it :-D

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:10 PM ----------

Have you tried asking trusted friends to call you by a male name to see how it would feel?

---------- Post added 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:12 PM ----------

Billy Idol... the ultimate butch.

16. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually a sophomore in college right now. I haven't really told anyone yet. There is only one person that I trusted enough to tell them how I feel and she was really understanding about it. I just don't want to tell my family. We get in arguments about dresses and make up already as it is.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

Only one person knows. I like my birth name because it's gender neutral so I have not even thought of changing it.

17. Lindsay11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you like it, wear it! It's not hurting anyone else anyway. It's your hair and your life.

Go Wildcats!!

18. Biotech49

I keep seeing women who look like me and our eyes meet. The ones who hold the glance a little bit longer - lez? LOL

19. Cosmic Pinky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you love it, who cares what label it fits? Dyke/Butch is equally yummy.