1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking Like A Dyke?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Biotech49, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Biotech49

Nooooooo femullet! I really like this hair it though it kind of shocked me at first. Lol, shocked everyone else too. Not my intention but it is different for me.

2. HopeFloats

I really like it! I have a chin length bob right now. I have had a pixie cut in the recent past but even when I have very short hair, I look pretty damned feminine. It's just me.

3. rjrh20

I have a really short haircut and I dress way on the guy side and I get crap fr it all the time, but it really doesn't bother me because I love having short hair and I feel comfortable in the look.

4. Biotech49

Yep. Cargo pants and t-shirts to work, usually paired up with a pair of hiking boots. I've never worn a tie or anything like that though. Not gonna start! I do have some plaid men's shirts. That's what my girlfriend wears.

5. tryhtwfr

GURRRL WERK IT!

Who gives a flying fuck if you look like a dyke/butch/femme or whatever! My English Teacher looks like a Dyke and I love her to pieces, it's funny how our school is full of religious people (mostly Muslims) and myself too and we are very very accepting of my English teacher (and maybe because I'm also gay haha) and many other teachers like my Gay science teacher (who hasn't said anything but stereotypes are true - well at least I think they are).

6. Biotech49

We all need to work it! In our own sweet time! My time is now. Can we get a hell yes?

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny, when I was 20, nothing would have registered. By the time I was 30, even if she was in work or weekend attire, I would have thought "is she or isn't she?"

8. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

You know it Biobabe! Today I'm working it in my son's UtiliKilt, black wife beater, got my Ellen bangs back in a cute little clip and my rainbow bracelet on, now I'm off with some Slags to Whiskey tasting at the Highland Games!

(!)

9. Biotech49

Well, I just have a white t-shirt, Nikes, denim shorts (kind of manly looking), and a rainbow ring on. Staying in for the day. Too damn hot and humid in Kansas right now.

10. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a femme, but butches with short hair cuts are me weakness. Mmmmm!

11. solaris999

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have just admitted it to myself. I have collar length blonde hair. I still dress like the people in my church. However I am planning to leave the church. I am planning to actively seek out social environments inhabited by GLBT. I feel like I need to be part of something where I can be openly gay. I wonder if I do this, will this affect how I dress

12. Scaredofitall

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My hair is long and I am so used to seeing the image of a stereotypical lesbian (sorry if that Offends you) that I wonder how the hell any woman would know I was gay and if any woman would find me attractive. I like the feminine look a lt... But everyone has their own style and preferences in attraction.

13. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Lesbian hairstyles infographic - do you think this sums it up?

[​IMG]

14. Femmeme

I 2nd this.

15. EmilyLimbo

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am super Femme and would never cut my hair like any of the above LOL. Not that I don't appreciate it on women who can rock it (In fact I really appreciate it, except the mullet). I don't think people would assume I am gay but I don't care, I know and the people that need to know will know :wink: LOL

16. Ohhai

Awesome!

17. Scaredofitall

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    PHP:
    Currently sat here with 'the ponytail' lol:roflmao:

18. HopeFloats

I think that infographic is either dated or applies to women in their 20s. None of the lesbians I know really fit in to one of those - except the ponytail sometimes. Everyone with long hair rocks a pony tail sometimes. I am a professional in the south and most of the lesbians I know are too. Most everyone has a bob, shoulder length, or longer hair, even those who are more butch. I've been to some lgbt legal networking events and those women did not have stereotypical haircuts either.

19. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh...and here I thought that infographic was a joke...meant as humor. Not extremely brilliant humor by any stretch, but kinda funny, in that it condenses the spectrum of lesbian styles into 7 stereotypes (aren't stereotypes almost by definition a combination of funny and sad?). Oh well...I suppose it says something about my sense of humor.

20. flatlander48

External perception is all that it is. As people would get to know you, it would probably become evident that the internal perception is different from the external. It's just an addition complication. The problem is, however, that people sometimes get stuck in the external...