1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legalization of Marijuana & other natural "drugs"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runkidrun1988, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was talking with my mother about it and she put it in a rather wonderful way. "Banning pot just means people go to the drug dealers which gets them tons of money and people wasting ten times the amount of money they'd be wasting if it were legal."

Frankly I like this because if you think about it, drug dealers dealing marijuana can charge whatever they want because it's illegal. Now if it's legal two things happen: 1. the drug dealers lose their jobs, and 2. You can get it for cheaper than dealers are selling it for.

2. Shevanel

Just wanted to point that line out. In Iran it's part of the heritage of the country to stone (no pun intended? xD) women for being adulterous. Just because it's commonly accepted doesn't mean it's good. Especially when alcohol is labeled 'the most dangerous drug to society'.

3. Frer3

Still more fun fact: It only takes 21 shots of vodka, I believe, to kill yourself.

4. RaRa

I have to go soon, but consider this my RSVP to this response. :grin:

5. RedState

>>>I have to go soon, but consider this my RSVP to this response.
    Haha, looking forward to it :wink:

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Use of the opium poppy is reported to have started in Neolithic settlements from about 4200 BCE, even older than alcohol. I could argue that really, it's part of the heritage of the Middle East, India, Asia and parts of Europe and North Africa since all of them used it throughout history. By your strain of logic, morphine should become over the counter because it's so ingrained as part of some countries' heritage. But very few of us would argue that cause the fact is morphine is still immensely dangerous when not restricted.

#86 Phoenix, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
  7. RaRa

Ahh I can't edit it...well we should move this to PM or VM. :grin: