1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legalization of Marijuana & other natural "drugs"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runkidrun1988, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Are you saying someone actually jumped off a building and got hurt? Or did they jump off a short building and were fine? I'm only asking because I have never heard of someone doing something stupid like that and actually seriously injuring themselves because they smoked weed. I know A LOT of people who smoke weed and some get paranoid, some get really hyper (like myself), some people just sit there and can't even move, but I've never heard of someone jumping off a building like that. That's crazy.

Being drunk and high is like just awesome.

Yes there's more then one type of weed, there's more then one type of alcohol too but each type affects people pretty much the same way.

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I wouldn't vote for it but I wouldn't vote against it either.

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Unless you drink methanol instead of ethanol..then you die. :slight_smile:

4. Rikudo

I must be stoned all day long then. >.>

I would be pro Weed just tax the heck out of it and pump in some money into the economy with.

5. Shevanel

They were asian chicks. ._.

6. Rikudo

You didn't specify Joey. D:

7. RedState

I was drunk one time...big shock I know....and got high.

Very bad combination. I threw up for 3 hours.

Reminded me of the time I drank real absinthe...people say that absinthe makes you feel like you can fly. I just remember it made me feel like I couldn't stand up.

8. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that marijuana should be legalized, mainly because if it no longer has to be smuggled into the country, gang violence in northern Mexico will decrease. Honestly, I still think that people who do weed are losers and have a poor sense of judgment. I might befriend them, but I'd never pursue anything beyond that.

9. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Why do you feel that way?

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I think people who do nothing but smoke weed are losers. I think the same way about people who drink all the time and smoke cigarettes all the time though.

But to me, there is a difference between occasional usage and constant usage.

#30 Lady Gaga, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
  11. RedKnight

I agree that its pretty stupid that weed is illegal yet alcohol and cigarettes are legal. I'm all for making alcohol and cigarettes illegal as well :slight_smile:

12. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Making all of them legal would be better. Less smuggling-related violence, and at the very least it's something to be taxed.

13. RaRa

Maybe it was a good thing prop 19 didn't pass, because than I'd have to move Santa Cruz and get high all day.

But seriously, it was SOOO CLOSEEE. ;_;

I say 10 years.

14. Shevanel

I say 2-4

15. HalfInsane

I say legalize it. You'd have less crime, and those who chose to use it wouldn't have to worry about it being laced (its not common but I've heard of some people adding anything from Windex to Raid (the ant poison) to any number of cheap substance so as to increase the high and cut costs). Besides, it's no worse than alcohol or tobacco and they're legal, plus its already so commonly used its often strange to think of it as being against the law. Fact is, if you want to try weed/use it it is incredibly easy to come by (at least in BC). Making it legal won't change much in that respect.

16. Stuie

In Australia, I'd be surprised if they legalised it in the next twenty years. There's no real political drive for it at the moment. I'm in favour of legalising it, but there also to be reasonable restrictions on it. Kind of like smoking here. All cigarette packages are generic, there's no cigarette advertising allowed, cigarettes have to be put out of sight in shops and behind the counter and they can't use words like mild, which give a false impression of it being healthier.

Pot however has different effects, such as it can promote psychosis in some people which completely fucks over your entire life, but also reduces the pressure in your eye I think. Still the jury is really out, we need more research on it and help for those who are having problems relating to pot.

Just about natural drugs, it doesn't mean they're not harmful nor addictive. Cocaine is natural and you'd hardly agree that it isn't a drug of abuse. Artificial doesn't always mean worse. Even a lot of herbal supplements can have massive effects and should be treated with caution almost.

#36 Stuie, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  17. Harve

Seriously?! It seems that you're basing this on your own preferences. I only smoke when i'm out and i definitely don't consider myself a smoker, and neither do i want to be, but i don't think smoking them should be criminalised. There'd be an uproar for a start.

18. AlyssWonderland

I'm all for it :slight_smile: I don't smoke now, but I would if it was legal.

Alcohol has been illegal before, and cigarette too in some states. It did absolutely nothing, people still drank and smoked. People would make the drinks and cigs themselves. All making it illegal would do is make the economy worse by taking away jobs and tax money.

#38 AlyssWonderland, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  19. kettlkorn

Legalize it. Small town farmers can grow it and get back on their feet. Tax the living crap out of it, balance the budget. Emmy please

20. Hollowsoul

If tabcco is legal then weed should be to