1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    With the current meta, Anivia and Veigar should always be mid. :V

But anyways, I play a bunch of Support and Caster characters. There are very few of both that I don't own. I don't want to list the ones I play, because it will make me look like I'm full of myself. XD

I also play a couple of AD carries (not that there are many anyways). My best is Sivir, but I also know how to play Ashe and Caitlyn.

I only know how to jungle Sejuani and Nautilus, but I don't own Nautilus yet.

The only real top lanes I can play is Swain (he can do mid or top, though I haven't played him top yet) and Nidalee.

Honestly, Melee is my worst role too. :V Things usually go well when I'm playing a ranged character I like, so sticking to that isn't an issue for me.

Personally, I'd suggest Morgana. She has been overpowered for a very long time, and I don't get why her pool hasn't been nerfed yet. :V Seriously, easiest farming + staying in lane ever.

2. BudderMC

^ I know they should be mid v_v. So far, I'm still playing custom games with randoms and noobs, so it happens occasionally where someone will go mid and not leave (esp. if they don't speak English...)

Morgana looks fun. I'm working through picking up the champs I'm interested in from cheapest to most expensive (IP wise, I'm cheap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), and she's probably one of the next ones. I watched someone play LeBlanc earlier today, and she looks fun too. But I do want Ahri at some point.

I tried Nidalee yesterday, and I was close to losing against bots. Don't know why, but I can't play her v_v

I know for most (if not all?) AP carries the rule of thumb is to solo mid... but why? The only differences I see is that the lane is shorter, and if you're soloing you theoretically get more gold. And is there a difference between top and bottom? I always just assumed they were mirrors of each other... o_o

3. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I came here and thought it was the RTS rise of legends at first...

4. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I totally read the "can't" in your post as "can"

:bang:

So just ignore that altogether. XD

I don't feel I know enough about Leblanc to recommend or not recommend her. Ahri though is a character I always play when free. She seems pretty weak late game if you don't get decently fed early on though.

Nidalee is a tough character to play. I'm not going to pretend like I'm great with her. XD If you fight someone top that doesn't give you a lot of trouble, your farm will get insane. Unfortunately, she's pretty easy to bully until she gets to 6.

Here is the basic gist of the meta:

The Duo lane of an AD and Support lane came about as the best lane for bottom. It allows the AD carry to safely farm with the sustain and support of a support character. It handles most aggressive Duo lanes (though it can be countered I suppose, depends on the champions), and against another AD/Support lane, it is often close or a push fest. Yeah, I don't explain very well. Basically, you want your AD carry to be the most farmed on your team, having a champion assist the AD carry with wards and spells gives the AD Carry the highest chance of getting farmed well. And as long as you have one ward in a key position, ganks are easily avoidable.

What's left is the jungler, tanky dps/melee whatever character, and the mage of the team (unless you're going for some unorthodox team composition).

The jungler well... he belongs in the jungle. :V

The reason why the mage is put in middle over the tanky character is because mage characters generally are some of the easiest to gank because of how frail and slow they are. Since middle lane has the shortest distance total, it is the hardest lane to gank efficiently. Since mages are the easiest to kill (along with the AD carry, but they take dibs on support since they need more farm), they need to take the lane over the tankier characters that would go top like Lee Sin or Trundle (both normally jungle, but I've seen them both there.)

Sorry if that was confusing. :V There is always room for the metagame to change. I could see the benefits of a Mage character taking the support character bottom, and there is also the possibility that everything changes completely. But for right now, that's the general gist of why you put certain roles in certain lanes.

5. BudderMC

^ that actually made a load of sense, thanks again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. So bottom and top are equivalent then?

And as for jungling, I was playing Kayle earlier and half laning/half jungling, which I'm sure is not the best. Unless jungling is strictly the "you follow a set pattern and get buffs early" kinda thing. I was mostly just there for some gold between trips since my partner ditched and they were pushing my lane really early <_<

Oh, and when is it suitable to leave your lane for ganks and stuff? Because so far it seems people just leave haphazardly... :/

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm actually learning a lot xD. It's just most of the guides and stuff are really technical for relative beginners like me.

6. Lad123

Hehe I think its cute that you're still learning ^^

Don't know much about jungling but I think its ok to half lane and half jungle if you want.

Its normally a good time to leave your lane when your minions arrive at the enemy's turret. You can either return to base to heal/buy items or go ganking, and then return just in time when the enemies' minions arrive at your turret. Or if another lane requires aid because there are a group of enemy champions pushing, you must leave your lane and help.

7. BudderMC

^ Sweet! Now I just need my teammates to actually come when I give the alert :/

8. sanguine

omg id buy this dr mundo skin if they made one LOL ive already bought the pink taric skin and i LOVE the attention i get ingame, i do it for the lolz
    [​IMG]

poor amumu, forever alone :frowning2:

9. Lad123

Haha that is amazing! I would so buy that too :slight_smile: Btw, what responses do you get when you wear the pink taric skin? Are they homophobic or is it all lighthearted jokes?

10. sanguine

both, mostly the lighthearted joking though, my friends love it when someone decides to be homophobic because of my gay skin, the things i say are quite inappropriate and funny, i even made a friend who was gay also ingame so its win win.

11. Lad123

I'm curious as to what you say now... Do you hit on the homophobes? :lol:

Thats great to hear you made a gay friend! Ya know, I would love a pink skin on a male ranged champion since I don't play tanks.

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hitting on homophobes is the best.

I have actually found quite the number of gay and bisexual gamers on there. The craziest thing I ever had happen was when someone said something homophobic about our team, and I was carrying pretty hard, so I was like "you are losing to a queer right now" which prompted two "oh cool really?? asl?" from the other team.

The lack of pinkness on the male carries is a sad thing. I feel like especially since everyone complains about "Tryndaqueer", they should just make a pink skin for him... I don't feel that a pink skin would be right for Graves, but it's possible that a "leather fetish thing" could work...

13. BudderMC

Does anyone have more range than Anivia? After playing with her a lot I find her range ridiculously big... anyone with less I seem to be doing worse with, or at least I'm failing at harassing. This is excluding things like Pantheon's ult :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think I might just end up "maining" her, as much as you can main people in this game...

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends on whether you mean basic attacks or skills. Lux has a pretty long E.

15. BudderMC

Either-or. Pretty much anything I can moderately harass with. For comparison, I went and played Teemo for a bit yesterday and found it frustrating how close he had to get to poke other champs.

16. adam88

Tristana gains range on her basic attacks the more she levels up. I'm still playing around with her to find something that works. And Gragas, for a tank, has really surprising range (and power, once you've built Rod of Ages and Rabadon's Deathcap. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) on his barrel roll attack.

EDIT: It was actually Anivia that I was playing against recently with Graves - bad idea - Graves had neither the range nor magic resist to do well. My team insisted I mid. BAD IDEA. I told them. They didn't listen. So I fed Anivia out of spite as they all refused to communicate through chat.

17. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That Mundo skin artwork is all kinds of amazing. Lolol.

AP Nid, AP Gragas, Lux, and Tristana have pretty strong poke throughout the entire game. Anivia is great too though.

And any team that demands the AD Carry be mid obviously doesn't understand the meta game. :V

18. Lad123

Nice, that must have been weird, did you add them? ^^ It would be interesting to hit on homophobes and gauge their reactions but I haven't encountered any to hit on! Its more or less bickering or the usual insults people say. Anyway, I dislike it when there is arguing during a match and usually keep quiet because it would only add fuel to the fire.

Lol I've heard Tryndaqueer a few times and have been wondering why? What makes him seem gay? Hmm, leather fetish on Graves, interesting... :icon_wink

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I added one of them.

Actually, there's a Mundo skin that looks like leather fetish to me... No joke.

I think people think that Tryndamere's "gay" (you know, in the problematic "this sucks" sense) because of how he can go invincible for a few seconds.

20. InsertNameHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tryndamere's ultimate used to be stronger than it is. As long as you don't feed him, he's really not much of an issue as long as you CC him.