1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League of Legends

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Gaetan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Jonathan

I'm like the exact opposite. My main is ADC followed up by jungler. ADC is incredibly fun because if played right, there's basically no other champ that I can't take. If I get a good support too, it's amazing. I can't tell you the number of times I've got a support who runs in to initiate/attack (not just harass, but to actually attack) and then when I come to help him, he totally bails and leaves me standing there facing both of them to die. Not saying that every time something goes wrong it's the supports fault, I make mistakes too, but if you don't get a decent support the ADC is pretty much screwed. Jungle is so much fun because I love ganking xD . Nothing like just walking up as Warwick, ulting them, landing a few hits to kill and walking away after :grin: . From my own experience as a support, that role is insanely difficult. I'm trying to practice it more, but I'm just totally awful at it lol. I've tried Taric, Malphite, Zilean, etc and I just don't seem to have the knack for it =/

#441 Jonathan, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Acobi

Acobi Guest

So true! I know the solution, I'll support, you ADC. We win bot lane! :grin: :grin:

Either way, bot lane is incredibly volatile, it depends on the support + adc chemistry for both teams. I usually try to duo or go in with a premade team. My favorite ADC to play is Vayne/Corki and I'm dying to get Quinn (Only 2k more IP!!!!). But my favorite ADC's to support are Vaynes and MFs, they work well with Lulu/Taric/Sona :grin:

3. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also a mid laner. :slight_smile:
    I like to think I'm versatile but my weak point is definitely bruisers. I can play a good Irelia and Olaf but otherwise, AP bruisers are what I feel most comfortable doing.

If you guys manage to try out that combo, include me! Haha.

4. BudderMC

I'd be down too, though I'm not a great top/jungle. All the more reason to practice, right?

I really didn't like the new ping system at first, but I'm using it more and more lately. I find it actually quite helpful.

5. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Let's get a 5 man team going! I'd be so down for that!

edit: There are 4 of us, so anyone else who wants to join should! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. BudderMC

I know there are a bunch of people on here who play League, some less active than others. I've got about 5 or so ECers added on League. I'm terrible for starting up games and inviting people so I hardly ever play with you guys. But if you invite me I'll play :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, has anyone else been noticing Tristana around a lot more lately? I just started getting into her a few weeks back, but I love her with the Blade of the Ruined King remake.

7. aSociopath

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Funny you should say that because lately a lot of under used champions are showing up like xerath I used to never seen him but now I see him played every 6 or 7 games.

8. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regi from TSM used Xerath recently I believe. Didn't watch but overheard. I might be misinformed. But usually people start playing certain champs when they see the professionals.
    As for blade of the ruined king; yeah, it's OP right now haha. A lot of people are using it and its become the flavor of the month because of how well it works.

Well I'm on pretty much everyday after 1 PM Pacific time. I'll let you know my name and we'll see what happens. :slight_smile:
    I don't mind playing top or jungle if we do. If you'd rather mid that is Budder.

9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I watched a game this past weekend on LCS NA with TSM vs Curse and they banned Xerath! 0.0 Never thought I'd see the day someone banned XERATH! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His range is amazing haha. With only Ionian boots+Athene's Unholy Grail, you get 35% cooldown reduction which is only 5% from the max. With masteries, you can get 4 of that 5%.
    Anyways, his range is great, his spells hit hard, he can cast his AoE ult 3 times, his stun can be a 3-4 second cool down, and he gets armor the more AP he gets, which helps against some of the bruisers that are sent mid lane often now. He's a beast. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. BudderMC

Just played against an Irelia mid as Ahri... was tough, but fun. She had more kills but I kept up with farm, so lategame I ended 10/2/something. I've been having a lot of really good games with Ahri lately after not having played her for so long. I just need to remember to get my charm off before I combo rather than stick it in with the rest of my button-mash :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ALSO, I finally learned that having wards is great. I mean, I know wards are great, but when I wasn't support (or even jungle) I'd never buy them unless nobody else was. Now I almost always grab one or two wards when I go back to base, it's just sooooo useful. I find the amount of times it nets me kills or saves me deaths far offsets the price of buying wards all the time (or at least breaks even).

@Clown, doesn't matter much to me if I play mid or not. If it's a serious game, sure, just because I think I'm a far better mid than anything else... I play it most and have the most selection for that lane, so I can better fit team comp that way. But if it's like blind pick normals or something for fun, then I'll go wherever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. BudderMC

13. Jonathan

Trying to learn a new champ is so annoying. I go into a bot game to practice, instantly call the role I want and choose my champ (without locking in). Then thirty seconds later a person who has said nothing just locks in with someone for the role I called. Now I get to choose between wasting thirty minutes playing a match that will be absolutely useless to me because I'm not practicing the champ I want or leave and get banned for queue for five minutes...this has seriously happened the last three times I've tried to go into a bot match -.-

14. Acobi

Acobi Guest

15. Jonathan

The other day I played a match as Kog adc with Garen as my support. It surprisingly worked really well, and we completely dominated our lane. I think it worked because he could pretty much tank both of their attacks which always gave us time to kill them both :slight_smile:

16. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't read anything about Zac without bursting out into laughter..

17. BudderMC

^ that passive...

MY BABY ANIVIA IS GETTING OUTCLASSED BY THIS BLOB. :'(

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So apparently, I can smash games and not get any teamwork honor...

Also, apparently criticizing people for completely failing to participate in the game warrants "stfu."

19. Raliaell

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't realise people actually cared about honour.

20. Jonathan

I don't really care about it. I just like having the little green ribbon for "teamwork honor" next to mine because I like the color green :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I finally found a support that I can actually play! :grin:
    I unlocked Lux a few days ago in an attempt to find a playable support, and she turned out better than I could have imagined. I think it works for me because instead of building her like a typical support build, I just kind of still make her an AP carry kind of build. So I'm like a very aggressive support, but a support nonetheless :grin: . I've noticed that I'm decently strong early, fairly weak mid but awesome at end game. I'm just so happy I actually found a champ that I can work with as support-ish :slight_smile: