1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Psaurus918, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Asexual Pirate

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10

2. Psaurus918

Watched Zodiac again tonight 7/10

Not sure if I like the movie or just have a crush on Jake Gyllenhaal haha

3. Verb

Paranormal Activity 3. Thought it was creepier than 2 but still not as good/interesting as Insidious or Sinister.

4. Psaurus918

I didn't like the first Insidious but recently watched the 2nd and it was pretty good. I'm a huge horror film buff, if you want a scary movie I suggest The Conjuring it's the first movie in YEARS to scare me

5. Verb

Ooo, thanks for the suggestion.... that looks really good actually and right up my ally (I prefer suggestion rather than gore fest). I'll try to get hold of a copy. :grin: I'm quite new to the genre; spent years avoiding horror cos as a child I used to frighten easy. But now I can't seem to get enough of them.

6. C P

C P

They did get those jump scares right, didn't they? I saw it in theaters and it got me numerous times. A shame that Annabelle couldn't quite live up to it though(even if I still liked it)...they don't ever seem to get sequels(or should I say prequel?) right. :l

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Umm the Holy Grail, probably about a year ago now?

Wait, several months ago, I got half way through American Hustle :lol:

8. MattOnAStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Watched Drift last Saturday... pretty cool, 9/10.
    It's about the birth of the surf industry in Australia in the 1970s.

9. Lorax

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just watched the Imitation Game, best movie I've seen in a really long time! Solid 8 or 9/10

10. Psaurus918

I watched The Conjuring at my friends house, I'm glad I didn't see it in theaters! Annabelle I saw at theaters and the only scenes that got me was when she was on the elevator and kept ending up back in the basement and the scene where she follows the little girl and then the little girl turns into that lady just as she closes the door!

11. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Furious 7 9/10 it was a great movie but I still thought the other Fast and Furious movies were slightly better than this one

12. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I Stay. 10/10, it's amazing.

13. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Inherent Vice. I...Uh...I'm still trying to process what I just saw. Holy crap that was trippy, in a unexpectedly literal sense. The production values were top notch and I really dug the cinematography and the score too. That's all I can say for sure tho. Everything else was so weird, like a fever dream I'm not sure I ever woke up from.

I will probably have to discuss this with other people that have seen it and compare thoughts before I'm able to put into words why I liked it, but like it I did. Feels like an 8/10, even tho I'm not certain why yet lol

Sidenote: Josh Brolin was sooo hot (I mean, duuuuh), whenever he wasn't lasciviously sucking on those chocolate-dipped bananas that is. Threw me off every time, in a bad way lol

#33 Rawrzilla, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
  14. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oculus, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Don't Blink...I've been on another horror binge!

15. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The Girl Next Door. 8/10. Don't watch. I was inconsolable at the end of the film. It completely broke me. I cried for a good 20 minutes after it ended. :tears:frowning2:*hug*)

16. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Gilmore again. Still a 10/10.

"The price is wrong, bitch!"

Remember when Adam Sandler was good?

17. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Fast 5, I'm re-watching all the FF movies (except 2F2F...) in preperation to see Furious 7.

18. Formality

Wild (2014) with Reese Witherspoon
    I really loved this movie, it was a beautiful story and I teared up once or twice. I really love nature and have been thinking of going on a really long hike, so this was kinda an inspiring story.
    The movie is about a woman who has drug problems stemming from her relationship with her mother. She decides to go on a 3 month long hike alone to find herself, knowing nothing about hiking. It's based on a true story.

I would rate it 8/10 because I loved Reese in this role. The movie made me cry, it made me laugh it had romance, suspense and showcased the beauty of nature.

19. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

The Babadook

You know how in every horror movie you spend the first chunk of it basically just following around the main characters (likely settling on a new house) while they go about their daily business often peeling their lives as the story slowly progresses to reveal the real issues beneath the surface (sometimes financial, sometimes marital/family-related, most likely both) in an effort to generate empathy so you can feel for them when the supernatural plot starts unraveling in full force and the proverbial shit hits the fan? Those first moments we might as well just refer to as "obligatory exposition dump" that more often than not just feel like a necessary yet exasperating road-block standing between us and the action? Out of all the great things I can say about The Babadook the one that stood out the most to me was how they managed to incorporate that first act in a way that didn't felt like a chore but instead made for a mini-horror plot of it's own. One that told the horrors of parenthood, in which the monster threatening your sanity, your life as you know it, is your own child.

It was exhilarating to see this depiction of parenthood in a genre so riddled with kids that merely exist to create an artificial sense of stakes, only there to be innocent and helpless, ripe for whatever shenanigans the evil entity has in store for them. Not this kid tho, Samuel is just downright awful. And I love how the movie does not make any excuses for him; he is not possessed, there's no "imaginary friend" telling him to do evil things, the entity isn't wrecking havoc and framing Samuel for the mess; he is just a really unruly, attention seeking little fiend in that way we all know kids can be and that was refreshing, real—but more importantly—scary.

It's scary how obnoxious kids can be, but also the enormous responsibility they represent and the soul-crushing pressure society puts on your shoulders to be a model parent. Being a parent is scary shit, now imagine being a single mom barely making a living with that child. Oh, she is also a widower. See what I'm saying? The writer/director does not pull her punches until the titular Babadook makes it's appearance, this is a horror tale from beginning to end, it just changes focus as the story progresses; from the ordeals of being a parent, to the trauma of living with abusive parents, to the horrors of the supernatural, to ultimately coping with grief and moving past tragedies.

Really really really liked it. The editing was soooo tight. Not a single extra frame, not even the hint of bloat in all it's running time. The direction was superb too, she had so much fun with that camera! Lots of interesting angles. I was surprised to find out this was her first feature. Well, what a debut Ms. Kent. I'm eager to see what she comes up with next.

Also worth noting, the movie does not rely on cheap jump scares at all. Disturbing imagery, phenomenal acting, some very interesting shifts in perspective, creeepy sound design and an overall reliance in psychological horror do the trick here. You won't ever miss the jump-scares and you'll likely crap your pants regardless. What else could you ask for?

To no one's surprise after my above ejaculation: 10/10

#39 Rawrzilla, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
  20. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sinister and Conjuring are one of my favorites when it comes to jump scares, but dudes, if you really want to be scared I think you should try watching Asian horror movies (stay away from Filipino horror movies, its not that good). The Ring, The Grudge, One Missed Call, Coming Soon, etc...

_______
    What should I watched this weekend? Help
    [​IMG]