1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Parker, Apr 26, 2009.

1. evora

Heavenly Creatures...I think I saw it yesterday or two days ago? I still don't know how I feel about it. The ending wasn't gory for me, more anti-climatic. It was almost as if it didn't even end. There was a scene at the end and that was it.:confused: I don't like movies that are finished like that.

2. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

oz the great and powerful. meh, it was okay. at first i thought i was going to hate it, but it was not bad in the end.

3. CheesyGoose

Contagion, a medical science-fiction movie (2011 I think). It was good, I enjoyed it. A bit more realism to the usual "pandemic/outbreak" movies, since most are focused on zombies.

4. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A Man Escaped (Robert Bresson, 1956) - Haven't seen this film in, I want to say, about four, five years or more. It was one of the first foreign films I remember having seen and I believe the first I'd seen from Bresson, who went on to become one of my very favorite filmmakers. Unfortunately I hadn't been able to rewatch it until now as there was no R1 DVD in print until within the last year or so [originally, I had to watch it chopped up into parts on YouTube....] As a result, it was the closest I think I'll ever come to seeing a film for the first time again.

Perhaps the closest to a convential genre film he ever made, essentially a prison-escape drama, but what dominates the film is it's ascetic, repetitious tone. The context is stripped down to the barest essentials, as is the photography but allowing each moment, image, sound to be seared into the eye and mind. In short, a slow-burning, yet tense examination of the relationship between contemplation and action, as well as the need for rebirth.

5. Adarya

Watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 yesterday with my sister.

I'm surprised at how many things that I forgot about/missed when watching it after a long period of time. I really need to read the book series again when I get a break from everything else or after I've read the twenty books that have been gaining dust on my bookshelf that I haven't read yet, either.

6. StarNights

StarNights Guest

I watched LOL yesterday when I shouldve been sleeping. Work wasnt too please with me today hehe. and yeah it was pretty good

7. Jonimarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL Sunday I watched D'Jango. Loved it

8. Stripe101

I can't remember the last time I watched a film all the way through. I usually watch television shows... I remember watching Dark Knight on FX awhile ago.

9. CheesyGoose

Just watched Europa Report. Now that's a good science fiction movie, I absolutely and totally recommend it!

10. Stripe101

[​IMG]
    That's from 2010: The Year We Made Contact .That's what it made me think of.

According to 2010, nothing can land on Europa until the ecosystem has evolved enough.

#2090 Stripe101, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  11. Black Swan

I watched "The Prestige" recently for the first time. I can't believe that I let such a film slip under my radar, it was stunning, thrilling, exciting, heartbreaking and starred Hugh Jackman and Scarlet Johansson <3. In the end, i had to sit there and think for a while to process the confusion of what happened lol. In all, a great film so look up the trailer and see for yourself :slight_smile:

12. LinkLarkin

American Pie.

It was a good laugh, but with it being a coming of age high school story I kept expecting an LGBTQ character to pop up even if in a minor role, and they never did.

13. Ethan132

Forest Gump

14. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Despicable me 2!! Minions are just soo cute and funny! Theyre the only reason i watched it lol!! :grin:

15. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Just saw Looper today. It was really good. One of those movies with an ending I love, but because of it I can also never watch the movie again. :lol:

16. MathMan

just watched eyes wide open, great gay forbidden love movie. sad though..

17. FindingMyself

Well I don't remember what it was but it was just this last weekend..OH! The Bling Ring. It's pretty interesting. A little shorter than I'd have liked, and I wish I knew for sure if the guy was gay.

18. DeanIsHome

Sommerstrum (Summer Storm) is a great coming of age film that's German about a kid discovering his sexuality as being gay and his feelings for his best friend

19. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is my favorite gay themed film ever. Its just a sweet film. I love leoo!!

20. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I watched Beautiful Creatures. It was alright. Started off pretty good, but I just felt like it was drawn on for way too long and by the end, I still didn't really understand what was going on.