1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is sexuality a choice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CyanChachki, Jul 17, 2014.

1. PurpleDream

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents think it is. Some of my friends think it is. Most straight people I know thinks it is.

But personally, I think it's not. Having a certain sexuality is just how people are innated to be, not by choice.
    People having to defend their sexuality due to harassment, embarrassment, etc. and deciding to be interested in a different sexual orientations, then yes it's a choice for them to choose not to express their innate selves, but to follow social trends.

2. Pie

Pie Guest

Nope, certainly not a choice.
    And if it were, why would anyone choose to be gay/bisexual when you can be straight and have a much easier life?

3. glbt

glbt Guest

4. SameTime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, and yes. I am physically attracted to women. But, I get turned on by guys too cuz I like having orgasms. So, I choose to have sex with men sometimes cuz it feels good.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I chose to be gay at the same time I chose how tall I would be, the color of my hair and eyes, and the functionality of my pancreas.