1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is every gay a fan of her

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, your very first post was about how Lady Gaga disgusts you and about how you prefer Nicki Minaj. That would mean that you find Lady Gaga to be disgusting, and that is your opinion. Now why would it be fair to state your opinion and not allow others to do the same? You find it offensive when someone bashes Nicki. But others might feel the same way when you bash Gaga.
    Not everyone hates Nicki. I think people are more confused on why you dislike Lady Gaga when Nicki Minaj is actually very similar to her. The things these artists do does not make them who they are. It's all for show and entertainment. If you actually listen to Nicki's lyrics, you can clearly see that her vocabulary is equivalent to someone who most would see as a slut. But the world loves crazy and wild, so that's what she's going to give them.

Just try not to get so offended when someone gives you an opinion. And try to stay open-minded. :thumbsup:

2. BENDERBOY

BENDERBOY Guest

Big stan for Kylie here.

There's 5 pages i'm never gonna read.

3. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Haha, suuuure.

I'm watching Gaga right now. Some documentary on TV.

I like her.

4. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, seriously, dude (OP) -- I understand you're upset, but please don't bring atheism into this, and please don't connect it to burning crosses. We already have to deal with being thought of as devil-worshippers by a lot of people. Plus it has barely anything to do with the topic, and we have plenty of peaceful atheists on here that do not burn crosses yet may get offended to see their lack of faith being talked about as if it is an abomination.

And MatthewJS, please calm down, alright? Breathe. Some people will not always like the artists you like (including Nicki Minaj), it's just how the world works. It doesn't mean you have to automatically like them any less or that people dislike you, but just accept that there are going to be differing opinions from time to time.

5. MatthewJS

To all the people who I offended including atheist, I am very sorry. I thought all atheist are the same. To gaga fans sorry for the things i said about her. She just disgust me. The things i said about het i why i dislike her. Sorry.for everything.

6. ptacub

ptacub Guest

I hate most mainstream pop music, including Lady Gaga's. While I do believe she is a good performer, I dislike her music. To me, I cannot tell much apart from her music and Madonna's. But then again, all pop music sounds the same to me.

Uhh...dude, they do it for entertainment sake. Both Nicki and Lady Gaga do what they do for money, attention and fame, nothing more and nothing less. They're "shock artists", like KISS and Marilyn Manson: They create fame through controversy.

Also, Nicki disgusts me. I think her lyrics are atrocious and set a bad example to kids. But you don't see me raging about it. I simply accept I dislike her music and I listen to music I enjoy, whilst respecting yours and other people's opinions.

7. djt820

You should check out Gorgoroth before you start knocking Gaga for what you think is Satanism. Educate yourself on what Satanism and Atheism really are. You might be surprised on what you discover.

8. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

Lady Gaga, and Carly Rae Jepsen are the only two modern pop artists I enjoy :3 The rest of my music is metal and post-punk XD

9. MixedNutz

I like some of her music, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan. I think gays like her because she is a huge pop star and she supports them and she is not afraid to be different.

10. Capichino

I don't like her becase she did a duet with Justin bever and I hate him

11. LightningRider

Personally I can't stand either of them nor their 'music'.

Also, reading the title of this I entered thinking this was going to be about Ellen DeGeneres :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. shadowregent

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't particularly like her type of music, I prefer hard rock and whatnot, and I don't like how much of a try-hard she is, I mean, I know all artists are this to an extent, but she just really gets to me.

Don't like Nicki Minaj's music either, it sounds exactly like Gaga's to me, but I like her as a person, she amuses me, much in the same way a court jester would.

13. Olivier

I'm sorry but u don't like gaga because she shows to much and is disgusting.....wtf is nicki Minaj....she got butt and boob implants...she is totally based on image....gaga has talent! And yes I'm OBSESSED with gaga because she stands up for our rights and is the sweetest person, watch her interviews, she just such a great person. And btw for someone who doesn't want to be judged u seem very judgmental of a gay icon....

14. hello1992

I liked some of her old songs like just dance. The gayness in me really comes out when that plays. But i only liked her first 4 songs, i think her lyrics are pretty bad though and are latest songs arent great.

I guess my gay female pop icon would be britney spears just because she was a very good singer while growing up...

15. Level75

Many people here have stated the are not Lady Gaga fans. So the answer is no. I'm not a fan. I don't hate her and she doesn't "disgust" me. But I'm not a fan.

But you can't state your opinion on another singer and just expect people not to reply to it. If it hurts you feelings too much to see people deride Nicki Minaj, then you'd probably best stop talking about her.

16. kem

kem

I used to be a huge fan of GaGa. But then I realised that she wasn't what she portrayed. I also realised that although she is a talented pianist and singer, her music is just generic pop with a twist of shock...

Nicki Minaj is just the same as GaGa but like an updated version with a fresh look.

17. Sherri

Oh Lord, this thread :lol:.

Your musical tastes and personal beliefs are so neurotically inconsistent and irrational that to say anything more would definitely cause butthurt.

So, I'll just answer the question. Yes, I like GaGa. She got where she is not because of a sex image, but because of what she does. She's actually quite good at singing, which is something that's becoming increasingly rare in the pop community, but she's an entertainer on top of that. She writes her own songs. Lots of pop stars have been one hit wonders because they got catchy songs on the radio, but she took that and made it into this huge career she has now, and that's because of who she is. Whether you like her music or don't (and I mostly don't), you have to respect that.

Nicki Minaj also has that go get 'em attitude, but I find most of her music to be not just meh (like GaGa's) but annoying as all hell. But hey, if people like her, they do, and it's pretty clear she's here to stay.

Myself, if I'm going to pick a pop princess, I'd probably go with Katy Perry or Ke$ha. I like a lot more of their songs, though still not all of their hits, by far. Katy Perry impressed me by becoming more than a one hit wonder, which I thought she surely would be after I Kissed A Girl. Ke$ha doesn't take her pop music too seriously and just has fun with it, and the end result is that she has a lot of catchy songs, and she herself has some serious personal depth if you care to look more closely. OH, and Carly Rae Jepsen =D. I think she's adorable and she's a very good singer.

18. starfish

There is a lesson to be learned from this. Don't judge people.

19. MatthewJS

Okay...

And again, I am truely sorry! Im not sure if people even accept my apoligies because im too honest on everything.

20. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

I dont enjoy either of them but hey to each their own right