1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with my straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by awesomekid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I text him today to apologize for hurt in him and using him. I just felt like I needed to apologize for making things worst him. I told him I was truly sorry for everything I did to him and forcing him to do things he didn't want to for money. He said not to worry about and left it at that.

On a side note, don't you guys think that he might be bi or gay? I mean he has never had sex with a girl nor does he talks to girls. And last time I have him head he was already hard before I even have him head. I mean he was like "look I'm already hard." Like what straight guy says that? Maybe it's just me that I want him to be with me. Either way I now feel strong to let him go. I feel that there is nothing to hold us together. I loved him, but the arguments and the drama was not worth me stressing over him. I feel happy today and I haven't felt like that in a while :slight_smile: scanner007 gives the best advice hands down. Although I seriously appreciate everyone that has gave me advice thank you all again. Feel free to comment and let me know what you guys seriously think. Can he be taking pills because he might be gay and to help him cope with it?

2. LD579

It's possible that he's gay or bisexual. At this point, though, it really does not matter at all, and to linger on that thought and entertain it would not be helpful to you or him at all. He'll have to want to change his habits and challenge his addiction regardless of the reasons... and therapy would be seriously the best thing for him if or when he wants to turn his life around. In short, it doesn't matter whether he is or not at this point in time, and it's also very, very possible and plausible that it's his addiction speaking for him.

3. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with luthan,

Wondering if he is gay or bi is not helpful in your situation. It shouldn't matter at this point. Making amends is a step in the right direction. Focus on yourself. Focus on your happiness. Whenever he decides to turn his life around, he will do so. It sounds harsh especially since you care for him so much but he needs to do this on his own and in his own time.

Because of your feelings for him, I think your judgement may be a bit cloudy. Distance yourself and focus on you. When you feel you are objective enough, maybe then MAYBE you can reach out to him. But don't fall back into this pattern. If he decides to change, tell him and yourself that actions speaks louder than words. He needs to prove himself to you. There need to be a huge change. Not a slight change and you start making excuses for him and for you.

Hope this helps. Sorry if its harsh but please look at this objectively. At this point you and him arent being objective.

4. scanner007

Hey awesome,
    Hows it been for you?
    I see you've contacted your friend again. I hope that'll be the last for a while. You both could use some time apart sorting out your lives.
    I know, I know..so absolute, so final...but not really. Six months.
    If you and him were true friends and have something real even as friends, it'll still be around six months from now. I think it's vital you use that time to gain a new perspective. Part of adult sexual and emotional maturity involves taking those tough steps that we all must take if we are to enjoy happy, productive, well rounded lives.
    By paying your friend for sex, you took an unhealthy shortcut that won't lead to anything happy. Over time, paying will seem less and less wrong and you'll have stronger rationalizations why you should, just as you're trying to do in most of your post here. Oh he's basically gay, he's never been with a girl, his body anticipates sex and he gets hard, I love him so it's okay...but all of those are wrong, you're not in a REAL relationship, you're not truly loved and you're not truly loving.
    Over time, it might seem easier for you to do that with all your relationships, rather than take the steps necessary for a proper relationship, but it will leave you empty inside.
    And you and him are worthy of - and deserve a chance at a real loving relationship. -Regardless of who your other halves turn out to be.
    I took a lot of time reading your posts awesomekid, and it didn't really sound to me like you were very comfortable being gay. God knows it took me enough years to begin to be comfortable in my own skin, it's not easy. But there are not shortcuts. We all have a path to walk, and there are certain things we must do on this journey, else we'll find ourselves old and alone - victims of our own fears and anxieties.
    So, give yourself a real chance....
    Serenity Prayer.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
    The courage to change the things I can.
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Alcoholics anonymous and other twelve step programs use that often, I've never attended any meetings and don't consider myself especially religious as I don't believe in church, but I do believe in a higher power. I see myself as spiritual.
    So if you're not comfortable with that as a prayer, then simply take it as an axiom, it's logic is a great starting point for you. Theres much about your friend and the situation you just can't help or fix right now, but theres a lot of things you can work on yourself right now. Love yourself first, then you'll be better able to love others.
    Good Luck.

5. FriendNoCatfish

I feel bad for you. As for your situation. Been there done that.

To be blunt. You are your own worst enemy.

Whether hi is gay, bi, curious. It doesn't matter. He would have had sex with you and stayed with you if he was really interested. I am really sorry because I won't write everything I've been through to explain, I have truly been there. It NEVER gets better with him, you would have to play the fool with him to stay with you.

It hurts but move on. You need to love yourself more than you love him. Questioning and hoping it will change is not going to change it.

3 times I've been through it. Since I was 13. For real. They are truly nice guys. They don't want to hurt you and just want to be friends, but can't turn down gifts or money if they need it. Only when the respect you, will they cut themselves off from you. Then it hurts again, because you wanted more than they will give.

6. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I am doing good. I just hate myself for hurting him and offering money for sex. I feel so guilty and ashamed of myself. Now that i look back, i cannot believe that i took advantage of him. I apologized, but i still feel guilty. I hurt him more than i helped him. i want to scream, runaway, forget, and not remember anything about him, but i can't. I try, but dreaming about him, thinking about him, a song reminding me of him etc, memories that him and i have are still there. I am going to see a counselor again and i am also thinking about doing some volunteer work. I literally want all of this to end.

7. scanner007

awesome,

You're good though if you haven't contacted him in a while. The feels you have are normal. This is why you need to begin the process of getting a better outlook on life. Use the guilt and shame you feel as your resolve to not let yourself slip into a situation like this again. And like I said, the pain you'll feel of him not being there, you will feel everyday for a long time. Just remember that what you had wasn't real, it was an artificial substitution brought on by cash and pills. But given enough time, this pain, it will eventually get less and less. I think its a great idea if you see a counselor and focus your time on friends and activities. Keep yourself busy.
    Remember that life still has many lessons to teach you and if you are willing, it also has many rewards to offer you. Don't lose hope now, the hardest part is over, now its time to get on with your life and be happy.
    Good Luck

8. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I did something insane. I wrote a letter to my mom and told her I was gay. Hardest thing I've done. I also feel better and happy again. All of this was killing me inside. I now feel stronger for whatever obstacles come at me. I know God is Guiding me and giving me strength. I am also ready to let people know that I am gay. Only those that I find or consider to be my close friends. My mom is not very accepting at the moment and she keeps on asking me why? Why? Why? But I can't blame her. I know it is a hard situation just wanted to share this with all of you. This also help me stop carrying about my friend. The pain is lighter now idk it's weird I feel happier and stronger

9. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

about a week ago, him and i got a hotel room and did mollys and smoke weed together. It was an amazing night. we got along so well. He said him and i were more than just friends. and he told me that he hated when i would ask him to change his number. He also showed me a video on youtube where rappers talk about homosexuality and they talk about how it is ok to be gay. He followed by saying "fuck what people think huh?" and i asked him if he was down and he replied "i am, but you can't pressure me." I gave him head for 5mins and his eyes were rolled back lol and he even lifted up his shirt so i can play with his nipples. Overall, him and i got along so well and we both talked about so many different things. Now, he hates me and wants nothing to do with me. I am heartbroken but doing better now. I just don't understand why he is now acting so distant from me. I honestly feel that he is afraid of me. Maybe because he might not be so straight. Either way, him and i are done. Whatever it is that him and i had, it is finally over.

10. emkorora

emkorora Guest

"... pay[ed] him if he would send me nude pics of him [sic]..."

What a perfectly destitute example of exploitation. Q.Q

11. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need a psychologist or therapy to help you through this pile of mess. I guarantee you if you do ever consider, they will say much of the exact same things a lot of people have offered you in this thread. Technically you clearly already know what you're doing wrong, and since none of us know you in real life, we're not there to stop you and we have nothing else to say but read more of your depressing posts of how you can't stop clinging onto this guy. I really hope that you actually mean that it's finally over, because you've implied that many times in your thread yet more has happened since every time you'd say it's over.

Best of luck in your situation.

12. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Although I was the one who suggested giving him head for money, there were a few instances when we would hang out and I was not in the mood to give him head, he would beg me to do it. I am not trying to justify my wrongs. Also, towards the end, he didn't want to send me videos or pics. He only wanted me to give him head. He said he didn't like taking pics or videos. To me, pics and videos are less "gay." He however, I feel that he enjoyed getting head. Regardless, him and I have not spoken in a while. I still think about him. And to me, what him and I had was so real. To this day, I still think that he liked me and felt uncomfortable that he felt comfortable with me. I spoke with a few friends if mine and they suggested that he did give me mixed signals and that me might be confused. All if this has been really crazy on myself. I seem to be coping with it well now. I no longer feel the urge to see how he is doing etc.

13. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Hope you guys are enjoying your holiday. So him and I are friends again. We hung out about a week ago and things were so awkward. He created these walls as to say I am not gay I cannot be acting a certain way with you. I offered to buy him shoes as am apology as to I acted with him and he refused. He said "I'm good stop acting gay." I left alone. He asked to borrow money but I've been blowing him off and making up excuses. I've been hanging out with another friend of mine. We just got back from SF and I told him I was going. I cannot lie, I wanted to make him jealous and it worked lol he then followed by saying he was watching movies with his girl and he is going to spend the whole day with her. Which I know it's a lie because he is really awkward with women. I said my friend and I want to smoke weed can I stop by to get some? He replied idk I might be spending the night at my girls house I'll let you know. That's another lie to get me jealous. Earlier today, he thought I was lying about being in SF and text me saying "you working?" "I just saw you" I said no I am off today I'll be at work tomorrow. Then he said "I am behind you lol" my point is, if he doesn't like me, why does he get jealous Nd tries to get me jealous too? I don't get it? Or is it me that's making it a big deal?

14. LD579

Here's a question for you: why are you playing these games with him? What do you hope to achieve?

15. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

In all honesty Luthan, I truly love him. I've been loving him for more than two years now. "Impure gold goes through fire before it becomes gold." Maybe that is him and I. We have been fighting but will maybe eventually end up together? Maybe it's something I created in my mind too though. I have to learn how to let go I'm working on it. I just know it's real between him and I but idk
    Thank you for replying. Am I stupid?

16. LD579

You're not stupid. Very few people are. However, I've noticed that you cycle between cutting off contact between him completely and interacting with him somewhat slyly. Ideally, you wouldn't do the latter action, as it's not helpful for you or for him, either. You've gotten great feedback in this thread. If you're feeling a bit lost, or sometimes forget why you're doing what you're doing, or need a bit more direction or guidance, I honestly would suggest skimming over this thread again.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with talking to him again, but if it's with the intent of prodding for information about whether he's interested in you or whether he's jealous over you or not, and if it includes telling unnecessary lies, I really suggest not doing it. It's perpetuating the existence of drama, and drama only exists if you allow it to.

17. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Thank again Luthan, idk se times I feel like walking away, but other times I feel like I should fight for what I know it's real. He has told me he does not like me, but his actions tell me otherwise. The bottom line is, neither of us can go more than a few without talking to each other. Him getting jealous or making me jealous makes me think that he might like me. I honestly feel that if society allowed two men to be in a relationship without labeling as gay, him and I would be together today. He also mentioned that he does not want his parents or friends to think he is gay. Which again makes me think that he might be but is too afraid. Right now, I still like shim but it's now less. I think about him less but the love is still there. If only he would tell me that he loves as much as I live him lol then again it's my imagination

18. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

I am tired of waiting to see if he will return my love. I am tired of not feeling valued. I am tired of waiting. I decided to finally move on. I blocked him so he won't be able to call me or text me. This time I am willing to give it my all. I must admit, he is my addiction. The only thing is that wen I start missing him, I wonder if he misses me? I wonder if he is ok? I wonder is he needs anything? This time, I have to be a bit selfish and just worry about myself. Like most of you have told me, if it's real what him and I have then will still be friends in a few months or even years. I really want to thank all of those who took their time to reply back to me. You all have helped me out a lot even if I didn't follow your advice. I just honestly thought that him and I were different. Instead of being sad, I'm just going to cherish all of the good memories that him and I have. Now that I remember, him and I have always fought since we started being best friends. This goes back to when we were 16 or 17 years old. I remember we didn't speak and when we finally did a month after I borrowed his phone to make a call and I realized that he would call me private lol man oh man this has been a crazy experience.

19. scanner007

awesomekid,

I've been looking in on this thread from time to time, seeing how yer doing. I understand how painful this must be for you. I could very easily have found myself in a similiar situation in the past. I understand how lonely it must feel that you need to love someone and his imprint on your heart is strong.
    And it sounds like at the heart of this, things began innocently enough and somewhere deep down, there is a true friendship of some kind. The problem is that it's been so badly tainted with money, drugs and sex its hard to see where the love ends and using each other begins. It really concerns me that you invest your emotions in him so deeply knowing at the end of the day, you will feel a most severe and raw hurt when you find out the truth of things and realize you could've spent your time seeking out someone truly worthy of your love who has the ability to love you in return.
    Perhaps you should test out the situation a bit? Maybe if you can't separate from him completely. Try something else first? What if instead of trying to cut off yourself off from him for now, don't buy him anything, don't give him any money and don't give him any gifts ...nothing of any monetary value....only friendship.
    Can you go 3-6 months, seeing him as often as you normally would and never give him a single dime? I mean nothing, don't so much as buy him a cold pop. I think it'd be a very good test to see how he acts once he realizes the money tree has dried up. Do you think he'll still call you and talk to you and want you around after a few weeks once he realizes you're not going to buy him gifts or slip him some cash anymore?
    And of course, very important, absolutely no more money for head. You mentioned above that he's begged you for head in the past. If he asks for it, perhaps tell him that you'd be happy to do it, but there's no more money, you'll only do it for the fun of doing it.

If it helps look at it from the perspective that you if you really love him, then you need to commit yourself and have the discipline to do this for both your sake, for the relationship. If you really care and want to get this relationship back on track to a healthier place, then you must have the resolve and discipline to not give him any kind of financial gain anymore. If you don't think you can do this, then maybe you don't truly love him either, maybe you're just in love with the drama of the situation and its just an infatuation and he's just your puppet - you pay him and he tells you what you want to hear and gives you what you want.
    Give it a try if you think you can resist giving him any form of gifts or financial gain, otherwise if you can't do that, if you in 3-6 months time you think you might slip up even once, then you should stick with your plan of distancing yourself from him.

Having said all this, I still stand by my original advice to you. It really would be so much better for you to distance yourself from him. Not forever, just commit to even 3 months. You really need to step back and regain some perspective in your life. And he definitely doesn't need anyone enabling/funding his addiction to the pills.
    Whatever you ultimately decide to do though, I hope you do whatever you can to maintain the discipline to stick with it.

Good Luck.

20. awesomekid

awesomekid Guest

Scanner, I've been waiting for your advice. Thank you my friend. I reached out to him today and we got into a horrible fight via text lol things are back to notmal and he supposedly has a girlfriend now which I know he is lying. We talked via text and he said that he doesn't need to talk to me all day everyday. That I am not his GF to be getting mad at him. He made a valid point. I have been acting as his psycho GF and just giving him drama. About his supposedly GF, idk he is making her up? I asked him
    How long they've been dating and he said a few weeks. Yet, a few weeks ago he was supposedly talking to some other girl? He asked me not to ask him to give him head or text him perverted things since his "GF" goes trough his phone. I respect his decisions and he said that we don't need to text he can just call me or I can call him. He'd rather us play sports as oppose to texting. He made up a few GF's in the past and I just don't get why? What is he trying to show me? He is very shy hen it comes to girls. I asked him if I can treat his GF and him to dinner tomorrow and he said that he has to ask his GF. Guarantee that tomorrow he will say she has to work. I realize that I wanted a little too much from him. I have to understand that I cannot buy his love with gifts and money. I want his friendship and we are friends again so lets see what happens next.