1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm very embarrassed about Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Hrantou

Look, I don't think people are saying to show up in business suits and ties, but honestly, we're not gonna get accepted by walking around with our asses hanging out and our dongs out for show. I've been "around town" I guess you could say and I just stand there and look and I'm just like..."I guess I can try to be proud of this..."

Its not me. I don't feel like it represents why I love who I am and who I want others to see me as. I'm all for a good time but I wouldn't label it a "gay pride parade" because I don't think it fully represents who we are or what we stand for or what we are trying to accomplish. I would rather just call it a "gay party" or like someone said "mardi gras for gay people"

And I don't mean this as an attack on anyone or your opinions. Its just mine.

2. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was looking forward to going to a Pride back in mid September...but it got canceled due to rain/flooding in the city where it was gonna be.
    I've been in previous years, this one is fairly small & tame..plus doesn't have a parade either...overall quite different than going to a big one...

3. 2112

I agree, I think it's over-sexualized. I'd feel uncomfortable just being there. I know, it's called "sexuality", but there's more to it than that. I'm not saying all pride is bad (as long as it's not arrogance), but we can be proud while wearing clothes...

4. LILuke

It is over-sexualized, and for me personally that's just not really my kinda thing but I don't begrudge the people who do.