1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you can turn off your emotions.. would you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Z3ni, Apr 29, 2014.

1. ShyTotodile

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I could shut them down at will, I would. I know emotions are good and all, but I simply don't know how to react to them. Lots of emotions I've felt lately are so foreign to me.

I guess it's not too hard for me to shut them out, I tend to a lot. But usually not because I want to.

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Of course I would, my life would be sublime if I could achieve this attribute.

I like how you think. :icon_wink

3. Snever2late

No, I wouldn't turn them off.

I was on antidepressants as a teenager. They basically made me a zombie. I couldn't cry, couldn't love, couldn't care about anyone or anything. I decided to take myself off of them and learn to deal with my emotions.

Now I live for that roller coaster ride. I want all the highs and lows. I want the pain and the joy. It is such an important part of being alive. Sometimes is sucks, and sometimes you feel like a unicorn dancing in a flowery meadow. But it all makes you human.

Throw yourself in to experiencing all that life has to offer. You owe it to yourself.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I would be nothing without my emotions and feelings. So, NO.

5. RedFireFly

I would like to be able to turn my emotions off when I'm about to have a 'stress attack', or when I get pissed off. (wich happens ALOT)

6. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I would never turn them off, not even if my condition were to worsen. We are the sum of our experiences. To experience no emotion would be to live outside of the human condition.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    can you turn off emotions? yes, for a time. ive done it but i dont recommend it long term it really isn't healthy. i will do it again if i have to deal with an emergency but not for months or years again.

8. Zodavva

No.... they can be so difficult but just so damn awesome sometimes, and that makes it all worthwhile

9. texas wizzard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    os sorry , not so. i have a good friend who is autistic and aspergers ( look it up if you dont know what it is) he does not deal with alot of emotions. he deals with facts in from of him. he is extremely intelligent and lives a very productive life.

emotions can not always be trusted, there are times we would be a lot better off not to rely on our emotions and rely on this we know are true. ask anyone who had dated the wrong person or been hurt by someone they trusted. emotions are here to stay but we need to understand them and know when to trust them

10. MyNameIsGabriel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but only the shit ones. I want to keep crushing, being happy, fandom feels...

11. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Turn off emotions become cybermen. Delete. Delete.