1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the way I look

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MrSmooth, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sarcastic Luck

Pro tip: Not all trans people are going to announce that they're trans. I mean, you have yourself listed as 'male'. For all you know, he could be trans.

And 'he's gay, he's not going to understand'? That's pretty insulting since I like men and consider myself male.

At this point, I'm really running low on sympathy for you. 5'4" is a pretty good height. My dad's that tall. If you think it's bad, try being 4'11" then get back to me.

2. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Being gay and being gay is 2 different things bro, And I'm not here to argue about who has it worse, I'm still short either way, I'm one of the shortest Jrs

3. Sarcastic Luck

...wat. "Being gay and being gay is two different things"? No, they're the same. Male that likes other males.

4. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

I meant being gay and trans, I know gay people who are friends who are like that guy and say dumb shit like that

5. Sarcastic Luck

Yeah and there's also trans that say it.

Stop lashing out. You're going to make people less inclined to give you advice.

6. StormySea

Buddy, you realize in the theory of it all you're also gay, but let's not get into that. Point is, if he was an anonymous poster you probably wouldn't have this beef with him right now about 'being gay and not understanding', and that's really not okay. Like you said, this is a support site. We're not here to bash people down.

But look: you seem to have a lot of built up rage about this situation right now, and despite the fact that you're bitching about it like a chick, the rage sounds more like a testosterone thing. I know the feeling, I have a slight testosterone imbalance, sometimes you feel like you're pissed all the time and it sucks because you can practically feel the estrogen and testosterone fighting for dominance. Thing is, that's what's keeping me from taking T and full on transitioning. I don't think T will help the anger- it might just fuel it.
    I can't help but notice you're only 16- you're probably a Junior in high school, correct? It's a stressful year, and taking T right now isn't going to help that stress. Are you sure taking T is something you're committed to right now?

Anyway, there are actually some stretches you can do for your height, and they do work! I'm currently just barely below 5'5" and before I was just making it past 5'4". (Yahoo answers saves the day and I don't have to type it all up- yaaaay xD) How can i get taller? - Yahoo! Answers

There are also ways to appear taller: How to Become Taller Naturally: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 11:25 AM ----------

Also, about the voice: I do a low voice for a girl, and I voice act for teenage guys. You can change your pattern of speech (if you haven't done so already: like intonation, not elongating s's, speaking fairly slowly, etc.) and if you play around with your throat a bit (careful though) you'll find you can move your larynx. (Ex. Got to a mirror, put your head back and yawn- you can see your larynx moving down. Essentially what you see if what guys call an adams apple. My own rule is once you can see you're larynx when you're head is looking strait foreword, you're in a pretty solid guys range.) If you can get your larynx down to about halfway down your throat, that's the start of a guys range! It might take a bit of trial and error, but you can train your voice to do some pretty cool things! xD

#26 StormySea, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  7. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Naw bro I'm not gay, I'm a guy who likes women, I'm just a transgender male, I Identify as male and go by male pronouns and name, What do you not get? I have gender dysphoria, Yes I'm going to take T because once again I'm trans

8. StormySea

Yes, and I'm bigender and you're parents had sex once. I don't know how we've resorted to stating the obvious but here we are.
    I understand and respect that you identify as male and like females. However, biologically, you are a female who likes other females, which in the theory of it all, defines you as lesbian. But, you define yourself however you want, and people will respect that. I guess I'm basically trying to say that we're all pretty gay and that's okay! ;D

But is being trans the only reason you feel you need to take T? Height and voice are attributes that are in your control- you don't necessarily need a hormone to change them. There are quite a few trans people who don't take T and they can pass just as well as those who do.

I'm not tying to be ignorant about the situation, I'm just trying to reach the root of your reasoning.

9. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

No I'm not a lesbian my body does not define me at all I'm a guy regardless of whats between my legs, I like girls and I'm a guy thats bull shit, I don't want female parts at all I'm dsgusted by them I want a dick dangling between my legs whats so hard to understand about that, I not only want to get on T I want a sex change to, You don't even undersrand that I'm not a girl

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:55 AM ----------

Ok fine then I won't lash out

10. Sarcastic Luck

You're still doing it. StormySea is only trying to understand where you're coming from and that's why there's questions.

And technically, they are correct. As it stands now, I'd be considered straight, but once I transition, I'd be considered gay.

11. StormySea

((Danke, Luck ^^))
    Smooth, you're kind of avoiding my questions. I understand that you identify as male- my current inner voice for your posts is a masculine one. I do understand what the term transgender means as, being bigender, I have the same inklings as you but on an irregular basis.
    I suppose I got my answer then, because I guess you just really, really, want to transition.

But this topic is titled 'I hate the way I look', and that's all I'm trying to understand. If you're going to blame everything on estrogen and are already certain testosterone is going to solve all your problems, then so be it.
    But then why make a new topic about this when no one can give you advice on the subject? You already seem to have the answers. What else do you want?

12. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm considered it but it doesn't make it a fact, I'm still a straight guy

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 12:45 PM ----------

Did it occur to you that I don't know how to deal with dysphoria, And that's one of my problems I do not care for the way I look

13. StormySea

And I've been offering advice the best I can this entire time! Every member of the trans* community deals with dysphoria at some time or another, that's why there are things like packing and binding- they're all meant to help with dysphoria. You can start to change your voice and height if you want to right now, but if you don't want to listen to my or any other members advice, then these are things you'll just have to deal with for the time being on your own.
    So take the advice that others have given you or leave it. Stop lashing out. We're only here to help.

14. Zac

Zac

Go see a therapist

15. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes I get that, But that's what I have been trying to explain to you I have no support from family so I can't get any binders or packers

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 02:00 PM ----------

If I could I would but my family doesn't approve

16. Sarcastic Luck

...There's quite a few resources online that will mail pre-top surgery transguys binders for free.

17. Ameya

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im trans MTF and can't stand hair growing on my body except in one spot. Im starting hormones soon, cant wait!!!

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

This for one.

ATTENTION

Another good route to go might be ordering one off-line (this is supposed to be a good binder for cheap- Sho Les Lesbian Tomboy Chest Binder Undershirt Slim Fit Vest Tops XS XXL J0028 | eBay) and if you feel you're going to get shit for having it delivered to your place, see if you've got a mate who'd be willing to have it shipped to their place. Lot of online venues for ordering binders offer discreet packaging so if all else fails, call it a shirt you ordered offline.

19. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well congradulations

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2013 at 04:03 PM ----------

Guess that's my only option

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Afraid I have the opposite problem. :lol: But hey. Congrats on starting HRT. Forgive me for asking but does HRT slow down hair growth for the ladies?