1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News I don't agree with this....

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by IcelandLover, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Stripe101

I usually don't post in the news section because people are quick to anger, but I must say that I am totally against incest. I can't really even put it into words as to why. It's just... it's incest. I hate to side with Christian fundamentalists but if this becomes a thing, they would be right about gay marriage opening doors to other, terrible things.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think when we deny people's rights it just sets us back instead of allowing humanity to move forward.

What does outlawing this even accomplish? Are you willing to put people in jail for it? What ramifications do you think would fit with such a judgement? If you choose jail the psychological and life-changing effect of prison are very high.

3. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a natural reaction and that's my reaction as well.

I guess the problem is that that is exactly how some people feel about homosexuality. I once had a Christian fundamentalist say to me "anyone with any common sense knows that homosexuality is wrong". He basically had the same attitude toward it as we do to incest.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have any issues with it, so long as it involves consent, and there's no mutant babies born.

In fact, I think it's fairly common for brothers who are close in age or male cousins to experiment sexually; I can't see any reasons to make a big fuss over it. Pretty much a natural part of growing up, and human curiosity.

It is hard for me to see long term relationships between immediate family members. But with a cousin, it doesn't seem hard to picture.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's just wrong! Two men together? How could they? I just, it's homosexuality.

Surely you can come up with an argument against it that doesn't rely on finding it disgusting because of what values you've taken in.

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2014 at 09:02 AM ----------

"How dare they make me uncomfortable? Let's ruin their lives and waste prison space on top of that."

6. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Incest between parents and children should never be allowed, regardless of age. The parents can have way too much power (financially and emotionally) over the child in the relationship.

As for siblings…ehh…I think its gross but if they are both over 18 I guess it shouldn't be illegal. It's their choice. I still think there should be something to prevent them from having children though.

7. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had someone I wanted to marry, I would already consider them family long before I even pursued a relationship with them.

Marriage, to me, is more about the privilege to say "We're married!" and to receive its legal benefits, which do exist where I live.

I imagine many others feel the same, as "family" usually brings to mind parents and a child or a few - not just parents. And many, many people who get married do not want children or cannot have children. To bring LGBT matters into it: same-sex marriage. For example, I would not consider two married men an actual "family" until they adopt children, but if they do, that's completely fine.

Just my two cents on that.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also, Cersei is really hot, so incest is okay.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Real life incest has a tendency to stem from bad things like like abuses of power, grooming, sexual abuse, etc. Those specific cases where there's no abuse of power, as part of the sexual freedoms of consenting adults, who am I to give a shit and let that apathy get in the way? But incest is so sparsely like that, it seems, that saying "I'm fine with incest" implies I'm fine with the harmful aspects of it that it's still a knee-jerk reaction to avoid it altogether as a topic. It being okay requires those healthy circumstances, but after age 18 are we allowed to give a shit whether they're there or not because all sorts of unhealthy stuff happens in normal relationships anyway?

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I definitely agree that under most circumstances there are strong presumptions against consent. For example, parent-child relationships are never okay because the children are financially dependent.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This.

I think it should be legalized. It only seems fair. People just need to be responsible...

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner was telling me about how him and his cousin used to make out, when he was growing up.They were both the same age, and in the 7th grade. But the 'relationship' didn't last, and was mostly experimenting. This sort of thing I can see as being pretty common, as I had very similar experiences, and have talked to others who also have. So I can see it happening as a kind of 'play' at younger ages, and see no big to-do, as long as the ages are roughly the same, and it's consensual.

13. Stripe101

Actually no not really. I'm far too apathetic to care about this impending argument. So um you win.

Hooray! Problem solved.

14. VideoGameLover

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Since this seems to be a bit of a hot topic right now, I might as well chime in.

Personally, I don't really find incest appealing. However, if it's between two consenting adults, I mean... who am I to really tell them they can't do what they want? As long as it's not harming anyone else, it shouldn't really be a crime.

Though you still have to consider the possibility of deformed babies. I'm not really sure where I stand on that yet.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I don't agree with it either. And I guess I can't pinpoint exactly why. Because it really doesn't seem like something healthy, capable adults would do...? And I guess if we went down a point by point basis, you could logically debase my argument...

I'm not a biologist, just someone who's taken a class or two, but it'd seem to me that there's a biological reason why most people don't go and fuck their siblings. You know, genetics. Inbreeding. Hey, the pharohs liked their incest but I wouldn't want to royally screw over the next generation... Flowers in the Garden, anyone?

If it's two consenting adults...sure, do it. Whatever. But I don't have to personally agree or find it anything but repulsive.

16. RAdam

17. dreamcatcher

Yeah this is basically what I think as well. I find it disturbing but if two family members wanna have sex with each other or enter in a relationship, that's their business. I don't see the point in putting people in jail over that. There's barely any room in prisons anyway.

Now that I think about it, I wonder when exactly did incest become so taboo. People use to marry their first cousins all the time and it was no big deal. Many nobles used to marry their siblings to keep the family line pure. Also, incest is even in the bible. In any event, I don't agree with incest but people if two relatives wanna go at it, then I really don't care.

18. kingLaser458

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What bothers me about this is that it seems many people assume the motive for legalizing it is solely sexual. But that is not the case. I firmly believe that it's possible for relatives to have a true, soulful relationship. And like any good relationship, sex will be an eventuallity brought along by time and maturity.

19. ravenclaw

Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that it should be legal the same way I think that same sex marriage should be legal. I am just as grossed out by it as anyone else but I can sympathize with them. I imagine that it's like that time you fell in love with a straight guy, but this time he loves you and it's society preventing it.

I feel that congress could never get away with a bill preventing inbred children (although I would support it) because it would look like it's becoming a dystopian society by controlling birth. I think that the couple should be able to understand why they can't reproduce + I think that as long as there are siblings, there will always be a social stygmatism against it to help prevent inbreeding.

#59 ravenclaw, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  20. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

How is gay marriage a segue to incest ? Ok, I'm outtie here