1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my brother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by justinf, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Ianthe

I expect your brother may just have wanted a little more time to get used to the idea before sharing a house with you and your boyfriend. Otherwise, I can't see why he'd have a problem with the relationship, when it is fine with him that you're gay.

Anyway, I have no right to be proud of you, but I am. It wasn't very long ago that you even started questioning, and you are coming out to family. It takes a lot of people years and years to make that kind of progress! Congratulations!

2. SunSparks

First of all, congratulations! :newcolor:
    And, I'm sure your bf will come around. Don't let it stop all of you from enjoying your vacation :slight_smile:

3. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He said he thinks he's a little too old for me, and he keeps referring to his past (he was pretty uhhm, sexually active at times, and it wasn't exactly a secret). But I disagree with the first thing, and find the second offensive. It's not like he's been promiscuous all the time.. he's never cheated on anyone (which is what my brother keeps implying he'll do), and he's been in two serious relationships before, and they both lasted a couple of years. It kindof annoys me that my brother says stuff like that. But I guess you're right he probably just has to get used to the idea a little bit, and now I'm immediately throwing a boyfriend in his face, too :lol:

Thanks, Ianthe :slight_smile: though it's just my brother for now!

4. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be irritating, but it's also quite sweet that your brother's looking out for you.

I wonder if he'll have that "You break his heart and I'll break your legs" conversation with your bf when you're not looking!

Congratulations anyway - your brother will be fine when he sees how much you care for each other. :smilewave

5. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's true, I guess. thanks :slight_smile:

:lol: probably