1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to satisfy a bisexual/pansexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Robert, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can understand having a difference in perspective, and let me try to help out. You said "No, I do not believe a bisexual person can be please by only one side." That is a pretty negative statement about the ability of bisexuals to be sexually satisfied in their relationships, and by extension, it is a negative statement about their fidelity. It contributes to oppressive stereotypes about us. I can only speak for myself, but when I hear a statement like that, my assumption of good faith ends, because it basically says that we're all either unsatisfied, unfaithful, or necessarily polyamorous.

Of course, in your case I believe that you have good faith, since you appear to want to understand.

So if you could go and educate other gay and lesbian folks on that, that would be pretty cool.

I agree that this is a problematic attitude. I call it the Bisexual Superiority Complex.

#41 Pret Allez, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. Rygirl

For me being pan means that gender is not an issue when forming a relationship, not caring about the gender as you put it means that the part I'm attracted to is not the one between your legs, does that mean that im attracted to anyone, you could also ask a gay man 'does that mean you're attracted to all men?'
    Btw that doesn't mean I take offence at what you posted, its just a viewpoint.

3. Just Adam

Closest thing to what i am is pan. Tho due to ineptitude of life the nhs has me on record as bisexual. =(

You talk about attraction but ive never actually had physical attraction for anyone. I see people and your all just the same to me. I feel nothing or see nothing to draw me to one or the other. It is just the person im drawn to. Its too hard to describe.

My best analogy is:

Looking out to sea and you look at it and the sky and you know they are different and you can see they are different but theyre both just blue and you like blue.

4. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personaly I could never be in a relationship with more than one person. I mean yeah I can feel atrracted to more than one person, but then again so can anyone else. Its wether or not someone chooses to act on those feelings or not.