1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with a bad day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, Sep 9, 2014.

1. peryler

peryler Guest

This probably applies to extreme introverts like me but...

When I'm feeling seriously lonely, I find that I'm less lonely when I deliberately isolate myself...I would close myself up in my room and disconnect myself from the Internet. I never had any friends, I'm too vulnerable to Internet/game addiction, and happy ppl. on FB (and anywhere else) just shatters my ego when I'm already feeling shitty.

In my room, I journal. I start w/ a stream of consciousness, recording everything that goes on in my head w/o thinking or interacting w/ it. Eventually my thoughts become orderly and focused on a topic. Sometimes I use 1st person POV, sometime I speak directly to myself using "you". I just let the pen guide me.

Usually the journal is a rant or a moping, which is fine if it's just one shitty day. If the depression lasts days, months, and years, and if I keep ranting throughout, the journal itself is a source of misery. But I am keenly aware of myself and my condition when I'm journaling, I perceive and analyze the problematic pattern, and I try to alter it. I try to write about different stuff, which requires me to observe and interact w/ the outside world differently, and I think this process either fixes the problem or at least distracts me from it.

I've a feeling that my "solution" would worsen the problem for most ppl...but for me the solutions that other ppl suggested doesn't/can't work. Hope you feel better & good luck :slight_smile:

2. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get bad days frequently have done for years sometimes nothing gets me out of the rut no mater what you do. I do give things a try like reading my comics listening to music drinking
    beer 'not a good idea' but the best way I find is just be patient days do get better .

3. idream

idream Guest

I've been told this my entire life: learn to love and find peace in yourself so that when you feel alone you aren't totally lost. This extends to not depending on people.who may hurt you. I often dance when I'm in an awful mood. Its a fabulous way through which I express myself. Whether it be telling a story or just letting the music move through me^.^

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 10:30 AM ----------

Ps. I do not know how to dance. That's not important:3

4. Ryujin

I play music, mainly the albums Test for Echo and Hold your Fire by Rush, they make me feel better for some reason, and play games/watch TV/come on here.

5. TboyB

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Having a pretty crappy day myself today and so far I have ordered a load of take away, watched a couple of good films, slept, and ranted to one of my friends. Also stroked my cats for a bit and worn the comfiest clothes I can. Might even crack out the Ben and Jerry's cookie dough that is waiting for me lovingly in the freezer.
    It doesn't cure it but it soothes me through to the next day where I could feel better potentially. :slight_smile: was going to work out but no motivation today

6. Yosia

I cry and cuddle my cat/teddy depending if the cat is around, and then listento music orwatch anime. ^.^

7. Polemarch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are multiple things I do. I used to take long showers (not baths), but since California is in a drought that isn't much of an option. Now, I either sleep the rest of the day away or I call up my best friend and go to a quiet bar and drink a beer or two and smoke.

I try not to think much about the what happen because it already happened and I can't do anything about it and just wait till the next day starts.

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a drink at home and watch a good old black and white movie.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting shitfaced alone doesn't work. Makes me feel worse.

I say to hell with the rest of the day, go buy some sweet takeout like sushi or what not (screw the expense) and play video games all night and escape reality.

10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Play a videogame, (A violent one may help you if you feel angry) listen to good music, watch a movie, and/or cuddle with an animal.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talking to friends makes me feel better, especially my 3 best friends.

12. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Eat take away
    Listen to music
    Take a nice hot bath
    Drink

13. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry you are bummed out … but look now -33 responses !!!

I usually write the day off and go to bed!

As for your 5 friends .. I would definitely chase them up by text and ask if they think you have a disease … make them respond !!

14. robotman

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have read every single one of them and I just wanted to say thanks (&&&). I will try and stay positive, it has been hard but I will try, hopefully things will change soon, I can't keep going through the motions feeling like this. You know at the end of the day, I just want to be happy like most people do, hopefully I'll get there in the end.

15. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will get there! (*hug*) Focus on the nice things in life.

Cheers,

Quem~

16. cuppycake

Rage-quit life for a few hours, then come back. Like, I literally close my eyes and stop thinking. Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I eat - anything to distract me.

17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey robotman,

As I've grown older, I have learned not to rush to judgment about how things are going. I've experienced many times the surprise that what at first appeared to be a "bad" thing turned out to be better than expected, or at least not as bad. The most common experience is one of surprise; the proverbial "cloud with a silver lining".

The one thing that I do that helps is to avoid calling anything "bad" or "good". This is the Zen idea of the freedom from opposites, and it is quite liberating! The other idea is that absolutely nothing is permanent...wait long enough (and it doesn't generally take long) and something happens to change the situation (maybe for the worse, but often for the better).

18. robotman

Yeah, I tried to stay positive today and I just got bad news, I didn't get the job I had a interview for. Lol, not a very good month for me so far.

19. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont deal with bad days very well, I disappear for HOURS.

sorry to hear that you didn't get the job... They didn't deserve you anyways.. not to worry there are heaps more oppurtunities to grab. *hugs*

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, so turn that around and think, perhaps the boss I would have worked for is an idiot, or maybe I was saved from a long commute, or maybe something even better will come along, and I am not tied down to this particular job...

It's not just a matter of maintaining a positive attitude, but also of widening your points of view.