1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you deal with a bad day?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, Sep 9, 2014.

1. robotman

Hey all,

So I have been having a terrible 2014, year, month, day and I am wondering how all of you deal with it. Nothing is going right with me at the moment and I feel like giving up to be honest, I would be able to cope with all this if I didn't feel so alone but I really do. None of my so called friends have gotten back to me and I have messaged at least 5 on Sunday and no one has messaged back. I am practically in the same position that I was in when I first joined the site. I feel like I have no friends, nothing to look forward too, am lost in general and just hate life. I just need that one person who is there for me and who I click with and we kind of complete/rely on each other, I really do need a boyfriend lol. I know that i may be silly but when I signed onto here it made me feel even more like shit after I posted on the thread "say something nice about the poster above you" and no one said anything about me and just ignored it. It made me feel even more pathetic about myself, I had to prompt a response out of someone. I know that stuff like that shouldn't bother me but it did, I feel so pathetic.

How do you all cope with years days like this? I don't really know what to do anymore, just waking up and going through the motions, I really thought that this year would be different.

#1 robotman, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best answer I can give right now is, find something to do that is meaningful and will give you some real accomplishment. Do that, and start trying to build. I know what you mean about going through the motions, with all the stuff going on I am barely squeaking by sometimes...

3. robotman

Atleast you replied here, you seem to be the only one that is talking to me on this site (*hug*). I am searching for that thing but I don't know where to begin, I just want to start life again to be honest but that isn't possible lol.

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Avoidance - is how I deal with it. I don't really suggest it though.

Distraction (anything you find fun) if you don't get stuck in it (but I know from experience it's pretty easy to do).

5. Nimun

[​IMG]

I'm honestly surprised I'm not 500 pounds. But yeah music, movies, books, writing, working out. Anything to distract yourself. That's what I do.

6. Lipstick Leuger

I go for a long run. It's moving meditation for me and I feel all my stress leave right with the sweat.

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with avoidance and distraction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Music often helps me, and going to bed early and just sleeping over it :lol:

8. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

if it's a long term bad mood, i give myself something to look forward to. a trip, a holiday, a purchase, buying tickets for a movie coming out in the future, just something. it's not a solution it just helps.

9. TurtleCat

Talking with a family member or good friend.

Anything that helps to take my mind off it. Doing anything creative, like drawing, etc. really helps and even lifts my mood in that I accomplished something and perhaps found a way to channel my feelings. Watching something goofy and funny can help, too. When I'm feeling really down, putting on an episode of something silly like The Simpsons or Family Guy can help cheer me up.

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cuddle my fluffy dog boy. ^.^♥

11. Emmanuella

I'm sorry that you're having such a shitty day. I hope that you soon find your somebody to make your life even fuller. But I just wanted to say, that nobody else can ever complete you. That has to come from within yourself, because at the end of the day, we are the ONE person that we will always have. You are the one person that can't/won't ever get away from you, so you should appreciate how special you are.

Try to start by doing things you like. do what YOU want. FORGET the expectations of others. What really makes you happy?! For me, last weekend, that included playing the Sims, making lots of bracelets/doing crafty things, and watching soap operas. Those are things that I TRULY enjoy. Others might judge me, but once I stopped LIVING for others I have become a lot more content. heck, even happy.
    SPOIL yourself with all the food, fun and activities that YOU like. Once you let go of the expectations of others, you will find people that like/do/feel the same way about the same things as you.

These people won't COMPLETE you. you will already be complete. But they will COMPLIMENT you, and LOVE you for who you are, because you are like them. :slight_smile:

12. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do something that makes me feel nostalgic. There are a bunch of songs that I feel nostalgia from, so when I'm having a bad day, plugging into the old iPod comes in handy.

13. IrishEyes1989

^^ This!!!:smilewave:grin: Sugar always helps me too lol.

In all seriousness though, I don't deal very well with funks either and I have my fair share of them as a person living with clinical depression. I usually come home and either rant all about my shitty day to whomever will listen (usually my mum) and/or have a good cry. Both of those things help, I find. In terms of being dissatisfied with life in general, the only thing I can say is to keep going. Even if you feel like you're ready to check out of this world, do not let go of that little glimmer of hope that is always there.

Things will turn around, trust me. You seem like a lovely person and anyone who doesn't realize that is not worth your time. Those friends who didn't text you back, let them know how much that hurt you and by each of their individual responses to that, you'll know who is really your friend and who isn't.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You can avoid it, but it won't go away. You can distract yourself, but, again, it won't go away. At least not usually, though, there is a possibility, that that bill collector will be abducted by aliens, but, that's pushing it.

You either face it, and deal with it, or you let it just bring you down. Either you'll overcome it, or you'll give in to it. What you go with, will speak volumes about you, but the pay off is incredible, because you are less likely to be sucker punched, by that same predicament again. You get smarter, you become stronger -- you have acquired experience.

For me personally, I tend to do the following, in general, or when having a bad day:

Meditation
    I focus on what is bothering me, or a possible solution. Learning about what is pestering me, and everything I can about it, often times, removes the tremendous amount of stress it produces. Figuring out why this is affecting me the way it is, and the exact depth and relationship, also helps me in understanding myself. Meditating in general, about anything, allows me to consider a multitude of ideas and solutions, if I'm willing to become totally open and vulnerable. No sugarcoating, no tweaking the reality of the situation, or attempting to soften blows to the ego -- just straight, forward, honest analyzing and reflection. I strive to discover something from it, even if it is just a reminder.

Staying Active
    Do push-ups, pull-ups, swim, jog or run, lift some weights. Just anything, so that you feel physically productive. If you feel tired or worn out, you can tell yourself, you are being productive. Being productive, often times, cancels out any stress or worry, because you are acknowledging good in place of bad. Over time, you will begin to see results, and you will have more of a reason to continue, to do well, to be physically productive.

Good Company
    This isn't an option for all of us, but just having a good ear to talk to, can do wonders. Offline or online. Bonus points if said good ear, is willing to cuddle. Just being able to discuss something with someone, allows you to experience relief, because you don't feel like a one man/woman army. Sharing the burden, especially with someone you trust and enjoy being around, is really beneficial to the soul. It establishes trust as well, which is a wise investment, that will pay itself back, over and over, over a period of time.

Venting
    Find a bunch of cardboard boxes, and just wail on them. If it helps, put strips of tape on the boxes, labeled with things that are bothering/upsetting/infuriating you, and then go to town on them. Sometimes, before you can do much of anything, you have to let that anger or stress out, because there is so much, it makes it practically impossible to calm down, and begin to get to the root of the problem. Let alone the solution to it.

Kittens/Puppies
    No, seriously. I find it impossible -- well almost so -- to be stressed, when surrounded with kittens or puppies.

15. black-cat

Fuck a duck, I have just written this all out and then my broWSER WENT AND KILLED IT ALL. :bang:

Okay, here I go, again.

I find that watching tv, eating good food and crying helps me. LOL. In all seriousness, doing something that you can get absorbed in (in a healthy way, like reading or watching tv), eating food you enjoy and "being honest" about how you feel are all good and healthy ways to deal with stuff.

Next. Long term, I do charity work. I find it helps get my shit together in my head, it makes me feel like I am doing good for others and myself, and it is bringing me closer to the person I want to be, I know I sound like Kaiser* here, but stuff like this is a great way to build foundations for self love and acceptance all while helping others do the same. (*You know I mean well, Kaiser! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

I can't sew for toffee, but my mum does. I finish off, pack, wash, organize and send off clothes for premature babies that my mum and her buddies make- they go to the local premature baby unit- the one that saved my life when I was a baby. I also write and prepare care packages for kids at the local kids hospital ward. There is all sorts you can do, you could do some work for the local LGBTQ people, hey, you never know, you might find a Prince Charming on the way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am sorry you are having such a shite day/week/month/year but I really hope things improve for you, and that some of these suggestions from everyone can help you deal with it all better and safely. Good luck. *hugs*

16. Hexagon

I hit hard objects.

17. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Where possible retreat to a quiet place or go for a walk to collect my thoughts.
    2. Have a cry.
    3. Vent, if I need to. I'm very lucky in knowing some superb listeners who'll give me the time and space to say how I feel.
    4. Cuddle with my partner and/or dogs.

What I'll never do, is turn to alcohol. I made that mistake once.

18. LadyRedRover

I'm having a pretty rough time at the moment too. I don't have any friends IRL and it gets tough at times. Though it doesn't always work, I usually do these things:

1. Work. When I'm busy, I don't think about how much life sucks...I'm currently working two jobs.

2. Get an activity. For me, that's yoga, at the moment.

3. Get humble. I was having a horrible day while babysitting and started to cry. One of the boys looked at me and said 'She's crying, brubba'. The older brother looked at me and said, 'It's okay, she's just pouting.' It made me start laughing and realize that the stuff happening wasn't about me.

4. Go out and shop. Though this can get rather expensive really quickly, I find that going out and spending money on myself really helps me feel better. Clothes, a haircut, a videogame...get something that you'll enjoy.

5. Volunteer. I'm the type that feels better by helping people. Bonus feel-good points if you go to the humane shelter and cuddle up with all the puppies and kitties!

6. Cook something sweet. I love baking and it not only makes me feel better, but it also gives me cookies and cake! I despair of ever being successful with my diet though lol

These are some of the healthier ways that I've found to deal with it. I tried drugs and alcohol in my younger days but those really aren't the answer to feeling better, though it might seem like it. All they do is make you numb and then BAM! the problem is stronger than ever.

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone helped you really well! Not much left to say, so I give you a hug. (*hug*)

Anyway, the reason why people didn't reply had nothing to do with you. Sometimes, games are forgotten for some time, because other games are on top of the page. Don't worry about that. (*hug*)

20. tscott

friends and scotch or a good cuddle