1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you choose a new name?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PerfectlyNormal, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Mister Jace

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I chose Jason (Jace) for my first name after a character name I primarily used, and a goal of mine for the past two years was to adopt a little girl I could name Jacelyn, to sort of give a life for her that I wished I'd always had, and to (as terrible as it sounds) live almost vicariously through her. However, I've decided that it's not too late for me, so why can't I be Jace? So Jason for more formality, but Jace is what I'm sticking with.
    And for my middle name, I'm torn between Romeo or Albert, after my grandfather that has recently passed. He's my best friend, a huge influence upon me, and I strive to model after him daily, and I would love to keep him with me in that regard. Both flow just as well with my first name, so it's up in the air until I figure out more finite details. :slight_smile:

2. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I choose to legally change my name someday, it will likely be either to the unisex version of my name. No other name that I've considered has really stuck for me.

As for my middle name, I'm keeping it. I want to preserve some of the identity that my parents gave me when I was born. Also, it is the feminine version of my grandfather's name, and he is one of my heroes.

3. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My "new" name is Sebastian. My patron saint Oscar Wilde choose this name for his Paris exile. Sebastian is the name of a certain fictional character that I can relate to. Saint Sebastian is - besides other things - patron saint of soldiers. And, of course, there is strong homo erotic iconography connected to the saint. My girl name was unique in its meaning and I want to continue the path.

4. Holly82

I had just finished masturbating as if I had a woman's body and genitalia. It was the most erotic experience of my life and the orgasm was the most incredible one I've ever had. Something changed, I could feel it and then she started to talk to me. I asked her what her name was, she said, "Holly".

Very true story. This occurred a few days after I had the initial realization that I could be a woman inside.

Ironically, now I think about sex far less than I used to, but my experiences are all far more intense than they ever were before. Day to day life is also much easier and in general I'm much happier.

5. jaspertom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    at first I thought about choosing James, but it's such a common name (at least here in Scotland) , so I settled on Jasper because I thought it sounded nice

6. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Well, I'm South Asian. So I looked up a bunch of male South Asian names and tried them out - asked a couple of friends, too - before finally settling on the one I use now. It was a longish process, but I'm pleased with my new name ☺️ I think it suits me quite well.

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2014 at 10:53 AM ----------

Oooooh I really like "Jasper"!

7. PeculiarChild

Well, I'm actually named after a dude (Riley Durbin, my great uncle--not my last name). So, props to family for that; I rather like my first name and have no difficulty passing, which annoys them but pleases me :dry:

I picked James as my middle name because it's a family name, and my legal middle name is so gross :tantrum: (this trans discovery made me understand why it disgusted me so much; I didn't tell anyone my middle name ever).

8. Chriswe

Well, my new name is Chris and I chose it because of 2 things:
    I've always loved that name & it is kind of a unisex name so it fits me no matter where I am on the gender spectrum. ^-^

9. Quiet Raven

Nobody calls me this now. But I love the name Raven. It is very cool sounding. And not super common. Unlike my real name.
    I also think Ravens are just kinda cool. Actually I guess it kinda started when I made an avatar on Gaiaonline with a Raven on my shoulder. And because of that one friend on there just started calling me "Raven". And I liked it. I say nobody calls me this now because I never spoke to her in well over a decade, lol.