1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobbys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Apr 2, 2015.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

What are your hobbys. I am a hotel enthusiast

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to dance (trying to get back to it) but right now my only hobby would be rap.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    History, genealogy and politics.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To copy and paste:

Short List
    Aliens
    Anime
    Board Games
    Cartoons
    Computers
    Criminal Justice
    Cryptozoology
    Dancing
    Daydreaming
    Drawing
    Geography
    History
    Horror
    Laughter
    Learning
    Meditation
    Morality
    Movies
    Music
    Philosophy
    Political Science
    Psychology
    Reading
    Serial Killers
    Tactics
    Video Games
    War
    Work Outs
    Writing

Long List
    Aliens:
    I like Science Fiction. Aliens are just a bonus, and the possibility of other lifeforms in the universe their existence would confirm.

Anime:
    While not as invested as I once was, I do enjoy Anime. I'm not otaku-level, though. But the ones I do/did like, I'm decently knowledgeable in.

Board Games:
    Chess. Risk. Monopoly. Mouse Trap. I like to play games that require actual interaction and socialization. It's a good way to analyze and open people up.

Cartoons:
    I'm still a sucker for animation. So long as it is entertaining or enjoyable, I'm willing to give it a chance. Most of my favorites are from the late 80s to early-to-mid 90s, though. Heathcliff is a particular favorite of mine, even if the art style is questionable at times, for example.

Computers:
    I'm not a guru, but I know enough to handle and navigate a computer. I'm able to do some minor programming, with emphasis on 'minor'. One of my regrets, was not pursuing this for longer. Really, I just enjoy using them.

Criminal Justice:
    I like studying the Law, and everything pertaining to it. My particular forte is on juvenile crime, serial murder, and organized crime.

Cryptozoology:
    Yeah, I find things like the Jersey Devil interesting. I'm a sucker for a good urban legend.

Dancing:
    I'm not Step It Up-level, but I'm okay, with what little I do. Normally, I just keep it simple. But, on the rare occasion I have a dance-spar partner, I can Bring It On... fuck, that's the wrong movie, LOL.

Daydreaming:
    Sometimes, I like to lay on the top of my car, a rooftop, or a hill, and watch the clouds/stars. I like to think and ponder, about the past, my present, and the future.

Drawing:
    I'm not exactly Bob Ross, but I get by. I tend to have a very cartoony style. I like drawing socio-political comics, sometimes.

Geography:
    I like to know where places are, really. It's always amusing, when people talk about going to St. Petersburg, I assume it's the one in Russia, when it's the one in Florida.

History:
    An emphasis on influential leaders, such as Napoleon Bonaparte, Hideyoshi Toyotomi, Alexander the Great, and on certain wars: Napoleonic Wars, World War I & II, the Cold War (and most of the proxy wars), Punic Wars. I enjoy studying the cultures/empires of: the Soviet Union, the Ottoman Empire, the German Empire, and the Three Kingdoms Era in China. The Sengoku Era of Japan is another time period I enjoy, when the likes of Nobunaga Oda and Ieyasu Tokugawa forged their legacies.

Horror:
    I like Horror movies. I like costumes and special effects in the field, especially from the films of the 1970s and 1980s. I'm also a sucker for black comedies, like the Evil Dead.

Laughter:
    This will sound corny, but I like laughter. One thing I do, sometimes, is to take notice of how somebody laughs, or at what. Also, in general, I try to make people either smile or laugh, if I can help it, at least once a day. Even if it's me, because self pick-ups can be nice.

Learning:
    I aim to learn one new thing, once a day, at least. In general, I like to absorb new knowledge, because of the bonds it can create, as well as the useful it can provide.

Meditation:
    Almost daily. I enjoy learning ways to calm down, think, and discover myself.

Morality:
    I'm fascinated by what bounds people, and why they're willing to fight for/abandon these.

Movies:
    I have an affinity for terrible movies. I can dig a good movie, but most everybody wants to watch a good movie. I find bad movies a more social experience, because nobody cares if you're talking over the plot point. With a good movie, you're encouraged to be quiet, and that doesn't sound very appealing. Also, if I have company, I'd rather be clowning with the commentary.

Music:
    I like listening to it. I also enjoy studying the ways it influences people. Actually, the whole concept, and potential, of sound interests me. It is amazing what sound can actually do...

Philosophy:
    I like to know the whys and hows of the universe, especially intelligent-capable beings.

Political Science:
    I like to know the governmental workings of a society, and just what I'm dealing with. I don't make it a happen to be ignorant of this field, since it influences the world. I also enjoy studying the different political and economic theories.

Psychology:
    I like to know the whys and hows of people. It's always fascinating to see how many layers people have, and what each one represents, as well as what it will take to remove said layers.

Reading:
    As it says. I'll read anything, if it catches my fancy.

Serial Killers:
    I like to study the extremities of mankind. If I can learn what motivates someone, to do such things as repetitive murders, then I can begin to better understand the complexity of life. Also, I find the descent into madness an interesting study in and of itself.

Tactics:
    I like strategy. Not really much else to say. I don't like the idea of being caught off guard, if I can help it.

Video Games:
    While not as hardcore as I used to be, I still do play video games. Mostly, now, I play some fighting games and RPGs.

War:
    The tactics and the reasoning, mostly. World War II, especially the Third Reich, is probably my strongest area.

Work Outs:
    As it says. I jog, swim, wear body weights, hit a giant punching bag. I've been slacking a bit lately, but I've made up for it as of late. I don't do it to the point of developing massive muscles, just to a comfortable proportion.

Writing:
    As it says. I don't do this as much anymore, but when I do, it tends to be poems, short stories, or tinkering on my larger literary projects.

5. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Playing computer games, writing stories and poems, drawing/making art, watching anime, reading manga, looking at cute things, sleeping, being with my friends, stuff like that. ^^

6. bi on life

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What does a hotel enthusiast do?

I'm into reading, writing, video games, podcasts, and generally informative or silly stuff.

7. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Basically I go to different hotels and tour them and see how they operate. It all started when I was a kid we would go on trips and we would stay in hotels that where my fascination with hotels began.

8. dreamcatcher22

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Music, photography, any outdoor stuff(hiking is life!), I love doing crafts and such, oh and I do have a slight netflix and tumblr obsession haha:icon_bigg

9. Still Hopeful

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Music is my number 1, other than that being outside, kayaking, exercising, longboarding, or just going for a drive :slight_smile:

10. Thedistra

Video games, reading, manga, video games, anime, fanfiction, etc?

I do like going outside and working out I just wouldn't call it one of my hobbies when compared to the above.

11. Scottmcdonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I play Cricket (I'm pretty good at it), I am a massive lover of going to the cinema and just movies in general. I am a Netflix addict, currently watching Rules of Engagement :slight_smile: I am also addicted to playing Xbox, I also love watching Baseball, I have 3 Fantasy Baseball teams which brings out my nerdy side and of course shopping, who doesn't love buying something to cheer them up momentarily :slight_smile: am I starting to sound like a catch yet? :/ :L

12. CyclingFan

You had me at "baseball" :wink:

13. Scottmcdonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not bad for an Irish guy right :wink: dare I ask what team you support? Could be a make or break question right here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Jolly Roger

1 Constantly seeking better audio quality.
    2 Playing Jazz.
    3 Studying
    4 Learning random facts

15. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    gym, poetry, organizing music playlists

16. SocceRoo

Soccer (playing not watching), pc things, video games, Internet, movies (action, horror/thriller and comedy), anime, archery/shooting, meditation (just when I'm stressed or angry or when I'm in deep thought about random things), birds (watching, raising and interacting), hiking/walking, running, drawing and painting.

17. SpiritEnergy

Walk around the house for no apparent reason, talk to myself, watch anime, hum, read & learn stuff from the internet, drawing, painting, writing, poetry, skating. I think that's about it. :grin:

18. TheStormInside

Watching sci fi, cartoons/animation, reading, walking, sewing, costuming. I'd like to find a hobby I could do in the evenings while I relax and watch TV so I am not just zoning out. I've tried a few different things, like needle felting and painting vinyl figures but they didn't quite stick. I am thinking about trying knitting or maybe chainmail jewelry making.

19. CyanChachki

I draw, paint, play sports (Swimming and Bowling) and sing (horribly lol)

20. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    DISNEY. Metal and music in general, martial arts (currently only doing one), reading, movies, anime, plotting, scheming, activism, and more :slight_smile: