1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! I'm a noobie!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by BiCavalier, Mar 21, 2024.

1. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Empty Closets!

I am so glad to finally make it through the registration process! I guess I can be a bit obtuse. LOL.

I am really excited to find a place where folks can talk openly about their feelings about their sexual orientation.

I am a semi closeted bisexual male married to a wonderful woman who I came out to about 2 years ago. She knows my story, but we are always discovering new things about each other.

I am anxious to listen to many of your stories and share some of mine. I hope we can learn much from each other.

Cheers!

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the EC family I am also married Bi guy myself came out to my wife 5 years ago

3. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! Happily married and happily monogamous. I feel lucky. Good so far.

4. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How does being Bi affect your marriage

5. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At the moment, not a whole lot. She seems comfortable and says so. We have not changed our dynamic together. I am not seeking sexual or romantic relationships with others, so my orientation doesn't play into it. Most of it is dealing with my feelings and personal journey. I do have a great deal of same sex energy, so for me I am looking to channel that in healthy ways. It took a long time to understand and admit that I am attracted to men. With help from my therapist, I hope that I can continue to strengthen my bond with my wife and live as my true self.

6. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope your journey goes well for you

7. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am out to my wife but still wanting to explore my Bi side with men its tough

9. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can understand your desire. Realizing we have same sex attraction later in life (older and after marriage for me) is tough. I had very limited experience with guys (all pre-marriage). At that time I was not ready to understand what I was feeling. They say you regret more of the things you don't do rather than the things that you did and wished you hadn't. I wish I had understood things better then and had many more experiences. That said, I made my choices and decisions with the best knowledge of myself at the time. Because of that, I have a great life with someone that I love. I would never trade that for something that I may have missed out on.

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like if I came out earlier in life I would have gotten to explore guys

11. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC. Nice to see another bisexual person in a happy straight relationship. :relaxed:

12. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I am often looking for healthy ways to express or support my same sex side. Any suggestions? How do you respond to an increase in same sex energy?

13. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A bit personal, but do you still feel fulfilled in your current relationship? I know that it can be a challenge for anyone regardless of sexual orientation.

14. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a tricky one to manage. I find women very attractive, more than most men. It's rare for a guy to turn my head, other than my partner, but women always catch my eye. So it's a fairly constant unresolved need that I've just been living with. There's no LGBT stuff where I live, and even if there was I don't think I'd be interested. I never felt like I fit in when I tried things like that before. I've had flings and friends with benefits things with women over the years. My then boyfriend, now fiance was very cool about it, not threatened. He's known that I was bi since we started dating. But we moved in together nearly 4 months ago and so I feel like I shouldn't really do that anymore. I'm sure he would be fine with it, but I don't think I am. We're planning on getting married next summer, we both want kids eventually. It doesn't seem right against that backdrop. We've had a couple of threesomes last year, which were fun but the other girl wasn't really the right one and although I'm still in touch with her I don't really want to go there again, or not with her anyway. Too many issues. Anyway, its probably not an option for you! Its way over most people's red lines, and actually I don't think it was as good in reality as it was as a fantasy. Sorry if TMI. I don't actually have any answers for what you can do to respond, I just live with it.

#14 JT1999, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  15. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a stronger pull to women, but cute guys can turn my head or raise an eyebrow. I think that my track may have been similar to yours had I discover myself earlier in life and pre-marriage. I think about a lot of the "fun" you had myself, but the choices that I have made do not make that realistic or probably even desirable. The fantasy is always better than the reality that comes with all the feelings, drama, and consequences. I am happy with my choices and unless there is a tremendous interest from my partner, that will not be a path we go down. Congratulations on your engagement and wedding plans! I am happy in my relationship and it can work. Don't need to apologize for TMI. LOL. It is probably a backdrop and stuff that is floating in our heads all the time anyway.:smile:

16. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. It feels like I got away with it last time. There wasn't any drama or consequences but it opened my eyes to some risks that I hadn't really thought of. I'm not sure if I'll do it again, I probably would like to but it'd have to be with the right person and that's like finding a needle in a haystack. But its not an emotional need, it really is just pure hedonism. Entertainment at its finest. Very different to just being with a woman. He is open to doing it again but not all that eager, apparently it was hard work! :sweat_smile:

I had a lot of fun with women, I have no regrets about those times. Made some really good friends too, there is nothing quite like sex for building a close bond even if its not in a relationship. A very 21st century opinion which probably not everyone will agree with. I will have to think carefully about wedding invitations though!

Its a bit sad to think that part of my life might be over for good, even though I'm excited about the future and maybe one day having a family. But those lifestyles probably do not mix.

17. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and no if that makes sense

18. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I may be new to bisexuality, but I have heard all about the unicorn hunt! :laughing::laughing::laughing: We're all figuring stuff out, everyday. Regrets are a waste of energy beyond the learning and gaining wisdom.

Yes, your poor fiance'! I'm a capable lover, but being with two women and completely satisfying them is probably beyond my skill set. I like my chances better with another guy as a helper. LOL.

Not necessarily advice, but from my perspective you are free to find and take any path you want in life. They're your choices to live your best life.

19. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    BiCavalier…..Hello and a big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent! :old_wink: ) when that becomes necessary! This is a safe community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community.

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out, join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBTQ folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives. :old_cool:

*****In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who may have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

Some info on how to navigate EC: :old_confused:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_big_grin: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

…..David :gay_pride_flag:

20. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What is your level of Bisexuality ? do you like guys sexuality or romantically or both ?