1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Genesiz, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not odd to me at all. I'm glad you figured it out.

Why isn't it odd to me? Because I've felt something similar, but different. To me it's like someone is trying to get out, so I felt like this body was a prison and my male self wanted to get out. The female persona is a guard preventing me doing it, but I can control the guard and it's not the guard controlling me. I can influence the guard to become more like me, so that eventually I can break out. I'm imagining that having 2 of them is very conflicting, because there is 2 who want out.

2. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you done research into this disorder? It is classified as a mental illness that is treatable. It can be very serious. You say it's "borderline," I'm not sure what that means, but some of the side effects I read about are definitely alarming. I can see being enby as causing some confusion with DID. I would just make sure you aren't mistaking the two, as one is a serious medical/psychological condition while the other is not. If you do think you do have DID you may want to seek out a professional diagnosis.

So here is what has ME concerned in all of this. These situations take time, and it appears that you are grasping at answers. You should seek counsel with someone who can help you begin the process of unraveling all the details associated with what you are going through. The internet is really not the best place for this sort of thing because you will be tugged and pushed in every conceivable direction. If I spent 5 minutes on WebMD it turns into an hour, and eventually I usually end on some untreatable disease, or Ebola, or both.

#22 Wanderlost, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    Rayland likes this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main thing I would recommend is therapy and if you want to ask about diagnoses too, then it's the best place to start.

I myself really need to stop reading about it all as well, because it feels like I have borderline personality disorder and everything else, but my therapist told me she don't see these symptoms. Therapy can help to get clarity. My therapist just says she does see depression and self image issues.

4. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read a book called "Stop Walking On Eggshells," and one other that the title escapes me. It's a book about BPD as well as NPD, since the two can often work in tandem, or have the same toxic effect on relationships. I read these books at a time when I thought a close family member had one or both of these conditions. Based on what I read, if your therapist doesn't see it, then they are probably right, as the signs are pretty unmistakable once you know what to look for, which I assume your therapist does. But yeah, I totally hear you. I get picked on for my tendency towards Hypochondria and Psychosomatic symptoms. Which, as you can imagine, has me often feeling and believing I might have just about everything someone close to me has, or things I research online. I swear I've had covid a number of times even though I've never tested positive for it, haha.

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard about this book for several times. I take it as a sign that I need to read it. Yeah I even thought I might have schizophrenia at one point. I took several online tests lol. Don't trust the Internet. Sometimes self diagnosis in certain cases is the only way to go, but often times it can be very harmful.