1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever thought that you would be alone for the whole life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bing, Mar 15, 2016.

1. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do sometimes. I've always had a hard time connecting with people, and finding someone that likes me enough to be in a relationship with me just doesn't seem likely.

Same^

2. Ashley2103

All the time :frowning2:

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every day haha

4. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your answer makes me feel warm lol. One of my friends always tell me to believe that I will meet someone that I love and loves me in the future. So all I need to do is to wait. But sometimes I just worry what if he's also waiting. Maybe I should try to step forward instead of just waiting.I don't know. But having someone as your love must be quite different from the feeling of being friends, right? I want to know the taste even it may be bitter.

5. crazydiamond

I worried about that when I was in my late teens. I was scared to be alone and never find anyone, so I got into two relationships back to back that lasted a total of 5ish, closer to 6 years. I wasn't happy. If you're worried about being alone, just realize that being alone and happy with yourself is better than being with someone you're not happy with just to avoid loneliness. But for me, no, once I gained some confidence I never really worried that I wouldn't be able to find someone. I think I'm pretty laid back and likable.

6. C P

C P

Similar to Kodo and a few others, I don't buy into that whole 'there is someone for everyone' stuff; a bunch of cliché nonsense if you ask me.

I don't think I'm relationship material anyways and, considering I'm nearly 24 and haven't ever even gone on a date before(and I don't really care at this point), it's only proving itself to be truer and truer over time in my book.

Not to mention that any of that rare few who's ever probably even considered some type of interest in me likely think I'm an awkward ass weirdo upon first encounter... :lol:

P.S. If you are amused by awkward looks when single, attend a Valentine's Day brunch by yourself. It works!

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I mean I believe there is some for everyone, I just feel that there is so much bullshit and people in the world that we often miss them completely. Then we become so afraid that we'll end up alone that we settle for someone.

And I rather be alone than settle

8. Bing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes, I just felt I was forced to be alone by the society and people around me, especially people I love. It seems being alone is the best choice at the moment for all.
    I hope one day things will change.

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2016 at 10:48 AM ----------

Then do you think humans are social animals? Though we have friends, we cannot stay with our friends all the time. Sometimes being alone for a long time just makes me feel sleepy and ... out of strength. Well sometimes I do enjoy being alone.

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2016 at 10:51 AM ----------

Thank you. It's true. Maybe I just need to be more confident. And show others the best of me.

9. QueerChair

I think that everyday, I don't just mean relationship/dating wise, I also mean friendship wise. I have misophonia which causes me to have fight or flight responses from certain noises. It can actually get pretty severe sometimes. Then there's social anxiety, pretty much just anxiety in general actually. Then when you mix in an uncertainty about my sexuality you get someone who finds it very difficult to make/keep friends let alone date someone.

#29 QueerChair, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  10. ShadowGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I do because I'm a loner. It doesn't sit well but it's the sad truth. Far as romantically it's hard to trust these days.

11. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suspect I will, but I don't really care. I'm generally happier though by myself without the burdens of the constant demands of a partner.

Happy days :slight_smile:

12. homoET

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I have actually thought about it a lot.

I suppose it doesn't help that I live in a small town with few gay people around and when all my friends are in relationships and I'm a constant 3rd wheel.

The fact that i sometimes feel there's a small chance I'll actually meet someone I connect with, am attracted to and who is gay/attracted to me makes it difficult to be optimistic...especially when theres no examples of happy lesbian couples on TV coz they all end up dead #the100

13. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you watch GLEE? Brittany and Santana are in a happy relationship, a few ups and downs, but that's part of any relationship, and it ends well. (but I'll stop there in case of spoiler).

And yes, sometimes I think I will be alone, but I think being alone has its benefits. :slight_smile:

14. Justinian20

You know what, I do sometimes worry about being alone, but I feel that might be me, cause I'm very weird to all people.

15. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The answer depends on who you are.

For me, the answer is yes. Being alone is almost too easy for transgender individuals, but I am also not straight. To make things worse, my being of an ethnic minority doesn't help.

There are some advantages of being single, for sure, and I am prepared to be optimistic and accept those advantages for a long period of time.
    :icon_wink

16. truebraethic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes, definitely, after waiting for so long to have a relationship with a woman. And being so selective.

17. silverdeer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    While I did talk to my therapist and notice I think about a lot of bad things but I haven't ever thought I would be alone forever.

I just think this:
    'I hope I am able to find the perfect guy.'

And hopefully I do when I grow up.

#37 silverdeer, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  18. Jonathan

I actually feel like this right now :lol:

19. Warkupo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Almost 31, never been in a relationship, and rarely feel that connection with another person. It's most definitely crossed my mind. lol My friends are much more attractive and interesting, and even they're having a difficult time. I probably don't stand a chance. XD

20. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Many times. I even thought I'd stay celibate forever sometimes too. It's hard, but the thought does flash by more often than it should IMO.