1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You Ever Said Anything Homophobic/Biphobic/Transphobic/etc?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayPugs, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably have when I was younger and didn't know any better.

I don't really do so now (not that I'm aware of) and I try to learn from my mistakes if I do by accident.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Before I started questioning, and I was ignorant, my friend (who is bi) was making a joke about "eating a girl out". I asked what it meant, and when she told me, I told her I thought that sounded kind of gross and unsanitary.:eusa_doh:
    Otherwise, I can't really think of anything I said, although there was a short period of time where I thought being homosexual was "unnatural" but didn't say that to my friends' faces.
    I feel bad about it now, but I'm so, so glad I've changed.

3. ravenscarlett

I make a lot, and I mean A LOT of gay jokes about my friends and I, but they aren't anything meant to hurt people, and they aren't hurtful because I'm the epitome of queer.

4. hptrek314

I'm a Christian and still one to this day, but I was surrounded by people growing up who fit the angry homophobic stereotype Christians often face. My parents were great raising me but this is the South so to have some homophobic tendencies was to be expected. In both middle and high school I did everything to distance myself from the truth and would do that typical thing lots of 12yr olds did back in the early 2000s and refer to everything as "gay." I hate how I used to be but I know also that it was a mask for what I truly am.

5. Lounicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    maybe but in a sarcastic way.... i think

6. bruh

bruh Guest

sad to say, i threw the "f" word around a lot when messing around with friends

when i was younger and stupider, i used to not like (i say this because hate is too strong to describe how I felt at the time) gay people. then one i sat down and asked myself "what has a gay person actually done to me?" and when i realized the answer to that question was "nothing," i asked myself "so why do i have a problem with gay people?" When i found no reason there either, i just felt dumb and let it go. At the time, i had no problem with 2 girls being together, but then i thought about 2 guys. When I realized it was the same thing in terms of same-sexuality, i felt even dumber,even though I wasn't all that personally comfortable with it at the time

#46 bruh, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  7. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so I could "hide" among my buddies in high school