1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy in LA become Prom queen

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Blondie, May 28, 2009.

1. Mr Bojangles

I knew my opinions would come back to haunt me. Not that there's anything wrong with people being who they are, it's just that the dumb Religious Zealots are going to think we're a bunch of mascara-wearing pansies and ridicule us further isn't too helpful, but heh - I just have weird views on life.

2. Just Adam

aww i want to hug your right now i dont know why :grin: haha

and whats wrong with mascara if youve got the eyes for it haha lots of guys wear the stuff straight ones included i would if i could be assed with the effort and when i sweat it would run and id look like some tragic loser.

and no view on life is weird we all view it from oour own eyes our own perspective :slight_smile:

3. Greggers

I totally get what your saying, and i think thats a normal stage for most people to go through. However, i do think everyone tends to grow out of the "because of ___ everyone is going to think we are ___" opinion. Just remember, anyone who is going to stereotype you as a "mascara wearing pansy" has the IQ of not-so-fresh roadkill and/or the education of a small tribe in Africa that cant read.

Think of it this way, if EVERY person who was gay was 100% true to themselves and didnt hold anything back, the media would STILL find the gays who least conform to there set gender and magnify that and only that. 99% of gay people could be "gender conforming" and only 1% "non-gender conforming" and no matter what the media WILL seek out the 1%. Its how the media, and homophobia for that matter, works. They thrive off ignorance and uneducation. Your going to see the headlines "Gay male wins Prom Queen" over the "Gay male wins Prom King". Im sure many, many gays win Prom King, but do the media care? No. Why? Cause that would take away from what the viewers want to see - flaming campy homos. Not that there is anything WRONG with flaming campy homos, but the media will find them.

So really, this is not a step forward OR back for us. If it didnt happen, they would just find the story elsewhere, trust me.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was nominated for Prom King during my first Prom, I won which was just awesome. But the second time someone nominated me for Prom Queen my second Prom and didn't win. Guess it goes to show, Canada rocks lol. And yet I live in a close-minded town and still got King :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: