1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Foxface

I just watched season 2 Christmas episode and I have two things to say

1. Brittany is so sweet. Believing in Santa and asking him to help Artie walk..I love her. She was already my favorite but this episode nailed it for me

2. The Wham "Last Christmas" was AWESOME

And the end was superb with Artie

On the note of Cory passing, I am so sad to see that. I know I am not as far into the show as you guys but I love his character and abilities. I hope Lea is doing well

Foxface

#4221 Foxface, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. lukeluvznicki13

I'm gonna miss cory x.x

3. Tim

Tim

Whelp, we're getting closer!

First songs of Season 5 has been revealed by the usual spoiler site.

You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away - Kitty and Artie
    Got To Get You Into My Life - Blaine and Kurt
    Yesterday - Rachel Berry
    All You Need is Love - Sung by Blaine, New Directions, The Warblers, Vocal Adrenaline, AND the Deaf Choir. :confused:

4. lukeluvznicki13

you must it is a great show :slight_smile:

5. Tim

Tim

Episode 2's title has been revealed. I'll use a picture someone on Tumblr Made as a hint.

[​IMG]

It's called "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" and is the Prom episode.

Here's hoping it means a Tina solo and an actual storyline for her.

Also, no spoilers will be released concerning episode 3 out of respect for Cory and Lea. All the spoiler sites that we're used to have agreed to this.

6. Markio

I would hope that Tina gets some legit attention beyond Blatina. It's kind of random, but I would LOVE if Margaret Cho made an appearance as her mother!

7. Tim

Tim

She sings in THREE songs in episode 2.

So I'm hoping that means she gets a storyline. xD She's also the only female senior still on the show, and it's the prom episode, so unless we get like a guest star by Lauren, I think she'll get prom queen. xD

Unfortunately, Tina will not sing in the premiere. The song she sings with Darren is apparently in episode 2. Coincidentally, it will be the first season premiere she doesn't sing

#4227 Tim, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  8. Tim

Tim

This should be the last spoiler post until the premiere, as all the spoiler sites have said they will not release spoilers of episode 3, not even the title. Glee will go on Hiatus after the 3rd episode, to give time for the writers to rework the plot they had planned out to account for Cory's passing, and will return sometime after the baseball post-season is over.

But first, casting news:

Demi Lovato has been cast as Dani, a recurring character in New York. (A friend of Santana/Rachel)

As we've known for a while, episode 2 is the second part of the Beatles tribute.

Episode 2 is the Prom episode, titled "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds." Tina wins Prom Queen, and is "Carrie'd." (Stoner Brett wins Prom King)

New Directions "rallies behind her" (due to the Carrie event, obviously) by singing Hey Jude to her.

Song List:

Here Comes the Sun - Dani and Santana
    Revolution - Tina
    Something - Sam
    Get Back - Kurt and Rachel
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - New Directions (Solos by Jake, Marley, Ryder, and Unique)
    Let It Be - New Directions (Solos by Artie and Tina), Santana, Rachel, and Kurt
    Hey Jude - New Directions (Solos by Blaine, Sam, Kitty, and... Tina.) (Despite it being sung to her. >_> As someone on another site said, that's such a Rachel/Blaine move. Tina, you have arrived. Lol. XD)

On one hand, I'm pissed they're doing something like Carrieing Tina, but on the other hand... she sings in 3 songs, one is a solo, and she's apparently getting storyline... so I can't really be mad.

9. Tim

Tim

A couple notes from Episode 3 were released, including one song, and as I know there are some RENT fans here... hint hint

Seasons of Love will be sung in the 3rd episode. We don't know who sings it, only that it's a group number.

Episode 3 will not reveal how Finn died, and we also will probably not find out. The episode will be about celebrating his life, not mourning his death. They were going to have it be drug abuse, but they felt it was too cruel to the actors and fans.

10. lukeluvznicki13

awk i thought this was another post about glee xD

11. ItalianBlueEyes

Update on the elusive third episode: Rachel won't featured until the end, and yes, she will sing. It is, without a doubt, going to be the most powerful and heartwrenching moment in Glee history.

12. Tim

Tim

Songs from the first 2 episodes (The Beatles tribute) have been released. Except one. Tina's solo. Which isn't on the tribute album either. :S Hopefully it gets a release after the episode airs and isn't cut. ._.

List of songs/singers, in case you want to look for them on itunes/etc.

Seems like they're listening to fans mad that Artie and Tina have been getting the shaft. Artie has 2 songs in the first episode and one in the second, and Tina has 3 in the second. (Though, as I said, one is unreleased.)

UNFORTUNATELY, Blaine has 4 songs in episode 1. >_> Looks like we're in for another year of Blee. Luckily, he only has 1 in episode 2. xD

Episode 1:

Yesterday - Rachel
    Drive My Car - Artie and Kitty
    Got to Get You into My Life - Blaine and Kurt
    You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Artie and Kitty
    Help! - Blaine and Sam
    A Hard Day's Night - Rachel and Santana
    I Saw Her Standing There - Blaine, Jake, Ryder, and Sam
    All You Need Is Love - Blaine, with backup from New Directions, Vocal Adrenaline, The Warblers, AND Haverbrook School for the Deaf

Episode 2:

Get Back - Kurt and Rachel
    Here Comes the Sun - Dani (Santana's New Love Interest, Demi Lovato) and Santana
    Something - Sam
    Revolution - Tina
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Ryder, Unique, Marley, and Jake
    Hey Jude - Blaine, Sam, Kitty, Tina
    Let It Be - Artie, Tina, Kitty, Rachel, Santana, and Kurt

They've also confirmed the hiatus after episode 3 will be 3 weeks long.

And here's what we know for The Quarterback (Finn/Cory tribute episode) songs so far:

Rachel will only be present in the last scene of the episode, and will sing an "emotional" song that hasn't been revealed yet. 4 other songs are known right now, but only 2 have a confirmed list of singers.

I'll Stand by You - Mercedes
    If I Die Young - Santana
    Seasons of Love - Unknown
    Fire and Rain - Unknown

Mike will also return for the episode, we don't know if he sings though.

For anyone not paying attention, Glee returns next week. :grin:

#4232 Tim, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  13. Tim

Tim

Really hate you can't edit posts. Lol.

Adam Lambert's character will be known as Starchild. (Lol, what?)

Song list for episode 4 has been released, only 4 songs, compared to the usually 6 or so. 2 Katy Perry Songs and 2 Lady Gaga songs.

One has the most soloists for a song we've ever had, and features every single main character on the show for season 5, except Matthew Morrison. It also includes Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert's characters. >_>

Roar by Katy Perry - Unique, Jake, Sam, Marley, Tina, Artie, Ryder, Kitty, Blaine, Rachel, Kurt, Santana, Dani, and Starchild
    Wide Awake by Katy Perry - Tina, Unique, Jake, and Kitty
    Applause by Lady Gaga - Sam, Artie, Marley, Ryder, and Blaine
    Marry the Night by Lady Gaga - Starchild

The sources say it's the complete songlist, but we've had last minute changes before, especially with an episode filmed 2 months prior to it's premiere.

#4233 Tim, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprised this hasn't been posted in yet, haha.
    The premiere was alright. I dunno, I just feel like I dislike a lot the directions that the show is taking. Another teen wedding, focusing on a relationship that I literally could not care less about, only giving Marley a single line in the episode, and probably more that I can't remember right now.

15. Markio

My favorite part of the season premiere episode was Artie and Kitty singing "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away." Their voices not only sounded great, but the lyrics really complemented their situation very well.

I loved Unique's 1960's outfit!!!

16. Tim

Tim

I hated most of the episode.

Except for Tina's dialogue (which is weird, cause I usually don't like her dialogue, only her songs), all of the dialogue felt forced and fake. (ESPECIALLY the Klaine picnic.)

The songs were mostly all random. I like an explanation for most songs in an episode. I can understand a few random, but not all but 2.

Rachel goes from audition to diner with no in-between, then magically knows how to work the diner from following Santana around for 1 minute, and has no one supervising her on her first day. Then,, right after her and Santana say they needed the jobs because they can't afford rent on their own, they magically have enough money to get to Ohio the same day?

Tina being called a bitch made no sense. She stood up for her friend because Kitty treated him like a lesser human being. But clearly she's a bitch. Oh, she's in love with Blaine, but because she's jealous he's proposing, she's clearly a bitch.

Most of the episode felt like there were scenes that included Finn simply cut out, or dialogue he would have said given to other people. I now understand why they took the 3 week break after the 3rd episode to rewrite everything. Because they didn't do that for the first 2 episodes. They just cut his scenes out without changing anything.

This episode was my least favorite Glee episode thus far. I have a huge list, but I'll just leave it at that, or people will be reading it for like 5 minutes.

Hoping the next episode is better. ._. I'll at least like it since Tina sings twice in it. Maybe 3 times, but there's no mention of her solo outside of the Glee spoiler sites, so... we'll see. If they cut her solo, there will be hell to pay. xD

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Demi Lovato's character is going to be a love interest for Santana

18. LILuke

Please excuse me while I fanboy for a moment.

OMG Blaine proposed to Kurt! OMG! *Flails about*

19. Ritor365

I liked this episode, but easily the worst season premiere of all of them. Some of the songs bored me a bit (don't shoot!) but a few things made me happy, like Blaine's proposal to Kurt (though I think Unique should have been the one stomping into VA's practice, not Blaine). Some focus on Tina is nice, and I can't wait for her solo next episode.

Also excited for Demi to appear next episode!! :grin:

20. Tim

Tim

That is the only song not available.

We don't know if it was cut, it will be sung live and thus not get released, if it gets interrupted, or if they're just holding out on it. We'll know Thursday. As for now, there's no sight of it on Sunday, which is when Glee songs are released on itunes...

..but they've had a FEW cases in the past where songs weren't released until after the episode aired. We'll see. I'm hoping they didn't cut it, and it's a studio quality song, but knowing Ryan Murphy it's not.

Anyway,

[​IMG]

Think it's safe to say the whole Unique/Ryder conflict was resolved offscreen I take it?