1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ShebbsIsAwesome

I LOVED
    Blackbird
    Loser Like Me
    Big ass heart
    and
    Get it right
    :grin::grin:

2. Nodnarb

I really loved this episode. The original songs were good, 'Blackbird' was incredible, and I was glad that Blaine and Kurt finally kissed.

My favorite lines were "My husband is verbally abusive and I've been drinking since noon" by the governor's wife, and Brit's "I don't even remember putting that in there". Her saying "My Headband" was her favorite song was hilarious too.

Quinn and Rachel's argument was a great, powerful scene as well.

All around, a great episode.

3. Makaio1

FINALLY!! Blaine and Kurt kissed. That was such an epic moment. It really makes me want a moment like that -- plus, Darren Criss is super cute.

This episode was epic just overall -- the original songs were fantastic, Brit's one-liners never cease to amaze me.

<3 GLEE.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brittany after the dirt

I don't remember putting that in there.... (I think that was it?)

5. GreyGirl08

I love that Santana is queer! It has been the highlight of the show for me! Finally, a hot feminine lesbian on TV! It's sad that she and Brittany aren't together, though. Two queer cheerleaders dating would be epic!

6. Tim

Tim

I have to say - watching it again, Blackbird is an amazing song.

However, I cannot stand the voice of the Beatles. *hides* So, when Glee covers one of their songs, I can actually like (or at least put up with) the voices, and enjoy the song.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got caught up on the last two episodes ("sex" and "originals") and I have to say that I think they were some of the stronger episodes this season.

I am continually floored by how Ryan Murphy's team manages to get important messages across (safer sex, or why kids shouldn't make sex tapes, for example) without it sounding preachy or in-your face.

And I thought Burt Hummel's talk with Kurt was some of the most amazing and heartfelt dialog on a TV show in quite a while. That's a message that a lot of kids never get to hear, and while you could tell that Burt and Kurt were both pretty mortified about having the conversation, Burt's character continues to amaze me with the depth and compassion and caring he shows.

On to the Blaine and Kurt romance... I didn't find Blaine's explanation of figuring out he loved Kurt to be unusual at all. It wasn't just Kurt's singing of Blackbird... it was that, as Kurt was singing, Blaine got a chance to think about what's so special and caring and sensitive about this guy Kurt, and how that's something really meaningful. Those sorts of things do happen all the time in real life, and it was nice to see that they handled it so thoughtfully.

I will say that I don't think the show could possibly get much gayer, or much more contemptuous of conservative/Tea Party/bigoted people and viewponts. They don't seem to pull their punches in their views about thouse issues in the slightest, which I find particularly ironic given that Glee airs on Fox, which also owns Faux News. But I guess you can't argue with ratings :slight_smile:

There's much more in both of those episodes that touched me, but that's just what I'm thinking about as i write this.

8. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ... we do? I don't think I've heard that they won't end up together, and I don't like predicting too much otherwise I epically get it wrong. :L

I do agree though, I think they were cute but I liked them better as friends/mentor to Kurt etc etc. It was quite out of the blue that line, especially as he'd told Kurt he didn't want to jepoardize the friendship by dating only one or two episodes back. Though I do wonder if they just did that for the fans just as Glee's going on hiatus for .. 4 weeks? So it gives everyone something to talk about. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. browneyedboy

AGREED!

but i really dont think him and kurt should have hooked up, although i guess its the only way to keep him in the storyline as the warbles lost.

I LOVED THE ORIGINAL SONGS!!!! and am i (besides for brittany) the only one who has found "my headband" and "only child" to be quite catchy. Get it right was fantabulous and i really liked "hell to the no!"

Also misery was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't watch much of this show, but Kathy Griffin cracked my ass up.
    "When I lost to Obama, I didn't sing a song about being a looser!
    I went home and Tweeted he was a terrorist."

11. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Turns out that the rumor of a "shocking Glee death" was completely true. o:

12. Flyers2011

I think this was the best line in that episode. Hands down.

I loved the look on Sue's face when New Directions started singing "Loser Like Me."

13. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Waaaaait, whaa? O_O

14. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pavorati

15. Holliepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh yeah. ¬.¬ Haha.

16. Emberstone

wow... a bird... with a short life span... died... OMGAWD, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

17. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Well, that's kind of mean.

18. theJosephDean

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Kathy Griffin and the cast of Glee surprised a LGBTQ gathering and hilarity ensued.

[youtube]zvFvno3brfk[/youtube]

19. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

Kathy: I promise to love you and adore you, and [name] too. And I promise to look the other way when you're screwing the pool boy.
    Chris: Oh how do I top that. I promise to love, slightly obey, and to hire a pool boy.

LOVE IT

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm I wasn't the only one I hope that thought the boys from Aural Intensity looked even gayer than those from the Warblers was I?