1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl's Clothing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by solarcat, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Loras

I understand completely!!! But me and my best friend go shopping all the time and now iv actually got a wardrobe with a lot of cool and different style cloths. But since my job is a teacher i can wear my skinny jeans or bright colored chinos so my style for school is dress pants with a black shirt and a bright tie and i think it looks pretty good!

2. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

Same here, but at least can still wear some lingerie, jeans and some womens shoes flats to work with a mans shirt and light jacket, so 50/50 today and it makes me feel good. Wife thinks its great, for shopping lol

3. Deaf Not Blind

yeah i would like a spouse to happen to be my size so we could share if need be, like my jacket,sweater if they were cold. :slight_smile:

4. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

She steals my clothes sometimes!!!

5. kem

kem

These days, I don't really care if a piece of clothing is men's or women's. If it looks good on me, I'll buy it...

6. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think that's a good attitude- and possibly a way to cross-dress without anyone knowing but you. I wanted to get a Chesire Cat T-shirt, that was apparently a girl's style, but I hadn't the monies.

I want to save up money for a boyish-looking girl's shirt, but... ice cream.

7. Martee

Martee Guest

Personally, I don't like girls fashion. I like the colour schemes of some of the girls clothes in shops, but overall I think it's mainly made for the males that will be looking at it on the woman's body. Although recently I have found some male clothing that has colour pops and makes it fun. I tend to buy clothing that doesn't look particularly feminine or masculine but more often than not it's from the men's department.

I don't mind wearing a skirt/top or a long summer dress (rare when this happens...usually for a church event), but I always wear a pair of thin shorts or bike shorts underneath because I don't like the openness I suppose.

So to answer your original question - I don't think girl clothes are becoming on me nor do I feel completely comfortable in them. Sometimes they aren't even becoming on a girly girl depending on how they are worn. I think that many female clothes are made to sexualize or show off certain parts of a female's body and I'm definitely not into that...most things are short and super-low waisted or tight and see thru. Not for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2012 at 10:16 PM ----------

I'm with Morphim on that point :slight_smile:

8. Keelin

=D. I love girl's clothing! I think there is absolutly no expression in Boy's stuff, unlike the bright, vibrant mcolors in a lot of girls' clothes

9. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

girls clothes are great most days, not the super low waisted jeans, to slutty for me.
    or the see through tops never understood that at all. if your going to wear a bra persay, then wear a top that doesn't show it underneath. be a little non-slutty please.
    boys clothing i have to wear bits and pieces of with girls clothing, funny though most never know this.

10. Deaf Not Blind

Hey, I can look eye popping in mens clothes! You just not look around enough.
    Tonight a man said he liked my jeans cuz the cool pocks, then he said Hey are those from the MENS department?? And i looked at him and grinned and said, Of course!
    and then he joked that is why he couldn't find any he liked i stole em!

hehehe!
    YUP!

also, my not to good at dressing gay friend, he said he has seen my new outfits in pix on fb and that i dress snazzy. he really likes how i look, and it is all mens, not any females stuff.
    sure do mix it up if you want, as girls stuff steals insertion from mens daily! but don't fool yourself to thinking you CANT find any cool or cute or even PRETTY stuff for men. even on Amazon.com you can find some really nice stuff.

nuff said?

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

a clue for bras do not wear white with white shirt, you will see bra. wear skin color, it wil not show.

11. Snowy song

So I'm not the only Model UN nerd on EC? This^ just made my day. I also went to a Model UN conference earlier this year (for high schoolers, but same deal) with a thousand kids or so. As much fun as being a delegate for a week is, western business attire is dreadful. Biologically, I'm a girl, and in my head I'm not guy. Nonetheless, feminine clothing feels so unnatural to me. I would feel way more comfortable in slacks and a button down shirt, just like the guys. But no; at Model UN, why must the girls all wear skirts and blouses half unbuttoned to lure the guys into their hotels rooms at night?? :tears:

(Sorry, I'm getting a little off topic here with Model UN...) I do understand what you mean. I wish gender didn't dictate what was and what wasn't appropriate clothing. I think girls who feel more comfortable in guy clothes have it easier than vise versa: A girl and can wear a baggy t shirt and shorts without being gawked at, but a boy can't come to school in a skirt and tank top. Honestly, I don't think what clothing people feel most comfortable in has much at all to do with gender, but with personality. The fact that we draw a line down the middle of the magazine page for gender is truly unfortunate.

12. Ashen Roses

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i do like the options girls have but usually i dont take advantage of them. i feel most comfortable in a loose t or button up and jeans with my fav vans and no make up. wearing girl clothes and make up and accessorizing is really fun but i kinda feel like im playing dress up. the exception is sexy bras and panties- always a must

13. Deaf Not Blind

^Lychee and Snowy Song:
    i was head delegate to MUN conference in NY.
    i win.

14. Snowy song

Cool! which one?

#74 Snowy song, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  15. Deaf Not Blind

colleges MUN, we held in NYC MUN building. one week there near Easter
    East Coast Conference they call it
    Yes I had a grey suit jacket and black pants.
    I knew my stuff down pat, had the entire UN charter, and others asked if i was actually from the country

see why i was good at playing female role...i am good study and actor!

16. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

never white with white, or color with white:eek:

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I hate seeing colored undies under white clothes. Are they doing it on purpose? I mean, there's no way a grown woman doesn't know this, right?

Anc could someone explain the purpose of pantyhose? I mean unless you're hiding something, like a bruise, a scar, or hair, why do you need to cover your legs? I don't see it as professional, I see it as "old person-y." Don't know why, but it makes me think of old people.

18. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

:wow:
    thats what i say, boys stuff is boring!!!.most colors right now are to bold, to neon in color more subtle is better though.

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2012 at 01:12 AM ----------

:eusa_clap thats funny!, colored undies under white, yea fashion fopaw!!!! seen a women one day walking down the street with a nice top and white skirt, Fo-paw when i got close and see purple undies underneath showing through!!!! hello look down!!!!!!

pantyhose are nice with heels and a pair of slacks or a skirt, nice fashion ones with a design on them is cool in my book!

19. Deaf Not Blind

i tell truth, grown 50 yr old women will wear white bras and white tshirts, i can see the whole shape. as for red or other color undies, i usually not see undies unless the got stupid short waisted jeans and bend over.

after the flapper revolution the women shaved legs and wore silk stockings with garter belts to show sexy legs, it was a pre-hippie thing. :wink: the silk was needed for war effort in wwII, so they still shaved but went to anklets/bobby socks. then post war and early 1960s they invented thick nylon and hose was made to replace silk. but, it too had garter belts, and with mini skirts a teacher could see all the way to panties of the students in front row!

then they fixed the ugly garter with mini problem by making pantyhose. which runs because it is a small denier (loop count), and tights can last for years and holes be sewn up as they can show high denier.

until a couple years ago it was against policy for women to go without socks as it is too sexy, also backless or toeless pumps too riske...litterally a few years ago!

#79 Deaf Not Blind, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  20. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I didn't know that much could be said about pantyhose... O_O

One style I've taken a liking to is what you might call "dissonant fashion;" maybe it has another name already, but it's like an outfit that looks good because it doesn't match. Like winter boots, a big sweater, and a miniskirt. Or faded, worn-out shorts and a nice businesswear shirt.

And rabbit1, it's "faux pas."
    Yeah, I'm a grammar and spelling bitch, sometimes. But I don't have the energy to go after DNB...