1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting ready to "transform" into girl mode. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ThatOnePerson, Feb 19, 2015.

1. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi again, everyone!

Well, I've finally had some "me time," and thought long and hard about what I define myself ass. Although I do like the idea of being female, there are times where I feel more masculine. Hence, the gender identity on my profile was switched to "Genderfluid."

Now, the fun part(?). Actually cleaning myself up (meaning, hair removal, etc.).

For that part, I'm REALLY sensitive to shaving (especially with my arms-- I've tried it once or twice. Didn't end up going too well-- I had to go to urgent care.). I've done my research on epilators, Nair, Nads, etc. Nair was available at my local Walgreens, so I did a small area-- and so far, no allergic reactions and no pain!

However, I don't want to spend $10 - $20 every time I need to get clean shaven all around. What do you guys think of getting a woman's electric razor, or something? I've seen a few at Target and the like. It might be worth it in the long run.

I'm going out today to get some measuring tape, then ordering a padded bra from Amazon as soon as I get my bust size figured out. <3

Any advice on what shavers, brand of undergarments, etc. you guys can give me?

Thank you so much~! ^_^ (*hug*)

2. AlexTheGrey

The thing I'd probably bring up is that electric razors in general are not going to get a clean shave like a standard razor will get you. And neither will beat anything that can deal with the root of the hair. They also have more trouble handling longer hairs, so it would need to be part of your regimen (something I suck at).

That said, they are a great convenience, and can be less of a problem on skin, but it depends on the razor and the individual. The razor itself doesn't come in contact with the skin, just the foil.

I've only really used Panasonic models with success as long as you keep the above in mind. Be wary of the cheap stuff, as they tend to be more likely to irritate skin and pull hairs rather than cut them.

3. Lazuri

Wait, I've never heard of this stuff before. It actually works?

4. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah, Nair works! I was really skeptical at first-- but the results are the same as using a regular shaver (from what I can see and feel.). The only drawback that I've heard (I can't smell anyway, so it's no big deal to me.), is that it kind of smells bad.

Anyway, I've looked at some Remington's and Panasonic wet/dry electric shavers, and they seem to have pretty decent reviews. I'll be in constant worry of how my body hair looks, so I'm sure they'll be of SOME use to me at least.

I've seen some really cheep epilators and electric shavers. I just laughed at them. XD

5. KayJay

I use an epilator on my legs and cream on some other areas. The cream works well if the hair is not too long or short, just don't leave it on too long or it'll hurt you!

I use a beard trimmer thing for my arms, I find shaving gives me lots of problems so I avoid it. If you run it over your arms everyday you'll be good hair wise, at least from my experience on the arms. It doesn't have to be a totally clean shave to look right. Women have hair on their arms too :slight_smile:

6. wasgij

When you say you reacted badly, was it a shaving "rash" kind of thing with little bleeding dots? If so, one thing you could try is to soften the hair in water for a few minutes, maybe lather it with soap while in the shower. It's not just the skin that softens in water, it's the hair as well, so be gentle would be my recommendation.

Then give it something soothing straight afterwards, like aloe vera gel and coconut oil, especially if you find that the soap strips away the natural skin oils.

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The wet/dry electric shavers should be good...

And there is a new generation of epilators... less painful...

you might even think about getting a used laser device...
    if you think of more permanent hair reduction anyways...
    they work best if contrast is high, dark hair on light skin...

8. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay. So I decided that I'm going to get an electric shaver. Even though Nair is pretty nice, it's a LOT of clean up. I don't think there's much of a difference when it comes to the end result.

I have to say though, it feels a WHOLE lot nicer. ^_^ And I feel more like I'm in girl mode now.

I get paid in a week, so I'll keep you guys up to date. I'm going to head out to ... Michaels or JoAnn to get sme measuring tape. I'll have more questions when I come back!

Love you guys. <3 (*hug*)

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the above advice on shaving. Really, there's not any significant difference between the mens and womens razors, though the handle may be shaped slightly differently, making it easier to hold at a different angle. And, I don't care what part of your body you are shaving, NEVER SHAVE DRY. Also, go with the grain. If you really want to get closer than that, put on more something to smooth the action (soap, shaving foam/gel...) and make a second pass. When I do my legs, I just do them underwater in the bath.

10. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    never done my arms before, i do armpits, legs, and bikini area all the time. i use a ladies razor for that, with hair conditioner. works great!

as for bust size I'am a 38C myself, only because the C cup looks best on me. you shouldnt go to large on that or you'll look top heavy as they say small is good.

myself, i shop at la vien rose, and la senza! i find their the best, but thats up to you.

good luck and enjoy yourself

11. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, so I haven't gotten a chance to really measure anything yet. But, tomorrow sounds good to me!

I noticed something, too. I look thinner when my arms are shaven (thick hair. Oi.). For those of you who shave your arms, did you think that?

i made the mistake of shaving (electric/men's) dry .. Well, because i basically had to .. So far, no irritation. I'm still going to look into the wet/dry Remington shaver, though. It's not TOO expensive-- and it can double to take care of my legs, too!

I'm going to toss the Nair bottle out, though. It's too much work and REALLY uncomfortable to use. Oh well.

A friend suggested I go with a B cup, but I'm not so sure.

Even with just my arms trimmed and cleaned up-- I feel more in girl mode. <3 It's a start!

12. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Electric shavers are the only kind that should be used dry. They rely on the hair being stiffer. They generally aren't going to cut close enough t cause irritation.

13. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    True you'll find that you'll have stubble which can cause itching. A razor is best. If a B cup suits you then go with that.

14. ThatOnePerson

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'll see if shaving in the shower will help-- but I don't mind a little stubble. I don't think anyone would notice that much. They'd be too shocked to see me in girl mode anyway. XD

The thing I'm worried about is having the cup size too small when I order it online. It's a pain, but maybe I'm over thinking it.

15. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd say you're overthinking.
    Maybe this helps:
    beginners_guide - ABraThatFits

The wet/dry shavers might give a close dry shave...
    You could give it a try... maybe on a small area first...

16. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yup over thinking it!!!!!!!!!!

17. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love getting myself " primped " as a female because I HATE the fact that I'm a guy.

First of all, you don't want to use an electric razor on your delicate skin, You want a feminine razor, like VENUS, because you're now shaving really delicate, curvy skin. Men's frazors are shit to use because they have a straight blade on them, ( they're fine for shaving your face, but not your body ).

ARMPITS : hold your arm up and shave with the grain of your skin. this advise goes for shaving your arms and hands as well

Chest and stomach : ( yes, whether you think you think you have no hair here, believe me, everybody does ). cover your chest and stomach with shave cream, and shave downward. This is how the hairs grow.

GENITAL Shaving : unless you really trust yourself to do this, have someone you know really well do this for you.

Legs: That's what NAIR was created for. And, guys, NAIR is not just for the ladies.
    spread this liberally all over your legs AND knees, wait 2 minutes, then remove with a DAMP washcloth. You'll be amazed at just how smooth your legs feel. and what you're missing when you put on men's socks.

UNDERWEAR : ( I recommend satin or silk panties ) these are going to slide upward into place on fresh, NAIR-ED legs. you want nylons or silk stocking because now you're shaven like a lady. " dude looks like a lady " AEROSMITH

Hope these tips help you out,

Jaymegurl

P.S. Don't even think of trying that stupid No-No's device. people have gotten skin burns from it.

18. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I actually just went and checked my razors, and the blades on the Women's Soleil razors I use on my body are just as stiff and straight as the Men's Fusion Proglide that I use on my face...

19. Just Jess

Yeah this is totally a YMMV (Your mileage may vary) thing. "Don't pay more for pink" is my motto. Unless of course cute razors are important to you, and you know what? If they are, buy 'em and you can tell folks like me to stuff it :slight_smile: It's your money.

Venus razors really are smoother, but they are also a buttload of money. Guy's razors worked just fine for me and my cis ex GF. If your skin is delicate or dry like mine, use 4+ blades. Also a moisturizer, or at the very least aloe. If you get a moisturizer that's designed for your face it won't make you break out.

In fact I know it sounds weird, but some women actually use an oil like coconut oil on purpose to clean their face with. Just takes a really hot rag to get it off is all. So I mean, don't discount moisturizers just because you are acne prone.

But DO clean your face religiously, especially if you wear make-up as often as I do. Also body butter (or just lots of regular lotion) for the rest of your skin after you shave. Body butter is about the only thing that works for my cracked heels when I get 'em, I used to walk around barefoot as a kid a lot and my feet callous real easy. That's the only reason I recommended it.

As far as undies, I wear plain boring white cotton panties. I dunno silk doesn't breath very well for me, I get sweaty and that just kind of reminds me of what's down there :/ But I mean, silk does make you feel sexy sometimes. If it works for you go for it :slight_smile:

20. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    never wear satin find you sweat way to fast in them.
    i always wear lycra, and lace panties. not into the cotton ones myself. i find nowadays i only buy set of lingerie. the bra matches the panties or thongs.
    la senza, or la vien rose to me is the best places to buy lingerie!!!
    stockings are nice but then you have to buy a garter for them