1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay= Sin True or False

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vixx123, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyxknight

I say False. Your religious views have a big impact on that, I think. I personally don't believe God or Satan exist, so sin does not exist. My sexuality is not evil in the moral sense of human character, therefore, what's so bad about it?

2. aeva

I'm generally not a fan of (or believer in) religion in general...so I'm gonna say false

3. Suffocation

N/A
    Religion isn't real.

4. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not a sin at all. I'm a really strong Catholic, but I believe that there's no way God would make people like us if He didn't want us to be this way. I don't think there's any way he could hate love. That, and the Bible was mistranslated at the spots that condemn it, so really I don't see any point in thinking that being gay is a sin.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    False.

If you listen to these people talk....you'll see that they're crazy

6. an0nchick

Everything's a sin. If you are a Bible reader, yes. If not, then no.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're a HIGHLY conservative Christian, anything sexual short of missionary between a married man and woman for procreational purposes is a sin. :lol:

8. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I always grew up believing that being gay was a sin, so I'm still struggling with that. I don't really believe in God or heaven and hell, but there's still a part of me that's unsure. I know I will feel better about this, but it'll take me some time.

9. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Do you actually believe that anyone will post that gay sex is a sin? That's kind of the antithesis of this forum's purposeā€¦

10. Pyrotactick

I'm agnostic...and I believe sin doesn't exist. You do what you shall do, repercussions will follow suit. So be a good little child and don't **** up. Also, be lucky. :grin:

11. SuperDave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All roads lead to God, and He gives not a crap which route you take on the journey. We're the ones whose pathetic inability to see the big picture force us to believe there's only one Right Path; not Him. He knows better, because He arranged the circumstances with deliberacy. He likes all of us, after all. We are all congruent only twice in our lives: at the beginning, and at the end. The rest is up to us.

Extrapolate. We can't sin against Him; how could we? He's everything. We can only sin against each other.

12. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The whole concept of sin was constructed to control people. I wouldn't worry yourself about it.

13. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

I worship Brix'Icus Von Disparonor, elite Archon of the 30th Dynasty of Xil'Toth. When he was a young Teelian, he performed many miracles on planet Xii, healing the sick with a touch. He was also psychic, and could communicate telepathically with anyone of his race, including lesser creatures on his planet.

He garnered many enemies with his growing legions of followers, and eventually he was betrayed by his high priest Baalth, who was bought off for 30 daboolians. He was poisoned, be headed and buried in a volcanic pit. Miraculously, his body regenerated, as if by some advanced form of organic nanobot repair, or perhaps he was cloned, no one really knows. He appeared to his people to deliver a message of love to his followers, and to encourage them to lie, cheat, and destroy anyone who wasn't exactly kindred like him, and to wage war on anyone who may have been involved in the treachery. Thus began the 2'000 Year War, which divided his followers into many different sects and cults.

Though he has since disappeared, but one day he will return and free his people from the clutches of the evil Xergon Empire, unite his people, and throw anyone who defied his will into the volcanic fires of mount Quilli where they will be cooked alive, and reduced to carbon.

#53 ArcherySet, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  14. Motov

I would define "sin" as anything intentionally done that would harm others.
    I am also a firm believer of "What goes around,.... comes around"
    That being said, should be a helpful guide of civil living.

15. Romi

You're wrong. Religion is very real. There are hundreds of different religions.
    Now if you mean to say that an ominous being isn't real, that's another story entirely.
    But religion is very real.
    -___-

As for gay being a sin: No. I personally don't think it is. And I could go on for hours about it, but I won't. You have my answer.

16. I get a kick out of this actually. If you read Leviticus, it actually details proper procedure for slave transactions and its binding commitment. SERIOUSLY, SLAVE TRANSACTIONS? As if that were any less "bad" or sinful than being gay. I think the Bible is valid in the fact that it gives us general guidelines to INTERPRET and follow. Some people interpret it differently. But to me, loving someone without end is NOT like selling slaves. :confused: Always an interesting topic.

17. Hexagon

False. Obviously. But even if I were religious, there are some translation questions about the levicticus passages. Not that there are definitive answers to those questions.

18. Lilibuth12

I don't believe it is a sin, I have been brought up in a family where it is the worst sort, but I personally still believe in God, and think that he accepts people for who they are, and wouldn't have created us to be something that is 'wrong' or 'sinful', I do not see how love can be a sinful emotion, nor can I see that is something that is meant to be denied.
    My mum once described to me a girl at her uni who had 'turned away from her sinful thoughts and was now married' and I felt nothing but pity for the poor woman. In what way is living a lie the 'correct' and 'best' way to live.
    --> rant over! xD

19. Ticklish Fish

gay is totally a cotangent

20. everett

False. False False False!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.