1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay guys hate lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by colorful, Mar 17, 2012.

1. magicparade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For a gay guy, I have a lot of lesbian friends and bi girl friends, and yet have absolutely no gay guys as friends. What the hell is up with me?

2. GayJay

I have way more gay guy friends than lesbians. I do know more gay guys and dont really know many lesbians but i seem to get along with them much better anyway.

3. Phoenix91

I don't have any LGBT friends but i would imagine that gay guys and lesbians could get along well like any straight people. I mean there will obviously always be that particular person that is gay or lesbian that just rubs you the wrong way.

4. lighttrc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well not sure how they are different..i just thought like anyone else always one in the crowd that dont get along...I have been friends with both and we all got along together..we all have different personally ..and sorry i dont feel are sexaul different have anything to do with it..

5. Andane

Frankly, I didn't even know of this stereotype. In fact, I would figure it'd be the opposite. I would think there would be more solidarity rather than resentment. One of my best friends is a lesbian, and I have a whole slew of bi friends and we get along just fine.

6. fireworks

fireworks Guest

\WHATT NO!! that's ridiculous:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my gay friend loves me. end. of.

7. Just Passing

Lesbians are awesome with me. Like us gay guys, they're great together and are wonderful people. Plus it would be hypocritical for me to disapprove of them really.

Although from what I remember, some straight girls that I am friends aren't particularly fond of Lesbians. Now that one sounds about right to be honest.

8. King

King Guest

I love me some lesbos!

No but seriously, i know quite a few lesbians... They're some of the most awesome people I know. I'm not best friends with any of them or anything (for varying reasons) but I love talking to them. No beef here!

9. Bree

I do kind of find that a lot of lesbians seem to hold themselves separate from the rest of the queer groups. I wouldn't call it open discrimination.

Two areas you DO see discrimination: bisexual/pansexual/etc. people are often discriminated against by both straight AND gay people, as frequently neither of them see them as part of their "group"

There can be a LOT of discrimination in the Trans community, specifically post-op opinion of non-op people. The often seem to think that non-op and genderqueer are not "trans enough".

My friend group is really good about both of these, but I've heard a lot...

10. EndlessMusic

EndlessMusic Guest

That'sssss preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttyyyyy-rude to just hate on lesbians/gays just because they 'don't understand each other' or 'treat them differently' based on their sexuality
    No common ground?! that's ignorance
    anything can be common ground not just sexuality
    you like pokemon? LET'S BE FRIENDS! :icon_bigg
    you don't like pokemon? LET'S BE FRIENDS! :icon_bigg
    (first thing that came to mind) huehuehue (!)
    In the end, that's no different from a straight person bashing a gay person
    After fighting so much for equality for LGBT. We end up being just like the straight ignorant people? What's the whole point again?

11. Lewis

I don't, but I know ones that do. My uncle that's gay has a really odd problem with lesbians, personally, I don't get it!

I love everyone. How the fuck could I judge girls that like the same-sex and then complain about people that judge me?

12. KatKut

lesbians are cool to me!!!
    but it seems a small portion of lesbians are very feministic and dislike gay men especially the flamboyant ones,because they imitate chauvinist feminity which feminists highly dislike and a small portion of flamboyant gay men dislike lesbians especially the butch ones because they are basically hypocrites...

13. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

In my experience, gay men and lesbians have a fairly large divide between them, and in a way it makes sense.

A large % of gay men are preoccupied with sex, hooking up, and chasing after the next hot lay. Straight men are not much different, gay men just have an easier time with it. Lesbians it seems while they are sit on either side of the masculine/feminine scales, seem to still have that need to find a partner and settle. They seem to perceive gay men as vapid and shallow. That is not to say that there aren't lesbians who are slutty, and gay men that aren't nesting and monogamous, but I'd challenge anyone to find a balance in those numbers.

Lesbians who identify as 'masculine' often annoy gay men, partially because A they don't have a penis, yet they try to assert themselves as men, and B their assertive/aggressive personalities are the opposite of straight females who tend to be passive. Mind you, my statements are blanketed, but they are examples that I see all the time.

#53 ArcherySet, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  14. Vietorius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've met some lesbians that I really like, obviously I am not going to like them all because I judge based of their character not their sexuality.

The same goes for Gay guys, I've met a few guys who gave me a lot of attitude.

15. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This may seem odd compared to other posts, but in my experience, there isn't much difference between people. My only issue with lesbians is that it seems like every girl I find myself attracted to is one. Am I the only bi guy that tends to be attracted more to gynophiles?

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, definitely not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. In fact the only girlfriend I ever had - well, only relationship period, actually - was also questioning (that is, I was questioning at the same time, though we were mute on the subject until breaking up) as we were dating, and now identifies as a lesbian. I've also found out that the couple of girls that I had crushes on in middle school/high school are also lesbians, and the pattern seems to have held into college...

I also swear all my crushes on men are on exclusively heterosexual men and taken gay/bi men...Not that I'm in the emotional state to be in a relationship, currently - but it's still rather annoying, lol.

17. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

I think there's absolutely no reason for gays and lesbians to hate each other, but it happens quite a bit.

I've heard both gay guys and lesbians say homophobic things about each other. Someone needs to throw them mirror. I think its also a sign of a lack of tolerance and/or acceptance of one's own homosexuality.

18. Hot Pink

Well, I know of gay guys, but I only really have about two gay guy friends. I have twelve lesbian friends, though. Most of my friends are female, though--counting the straight friends that I have.

19. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow. Um.

Butch lesbians are NOT trying to be men. Butch lesbians are women. They are masculine, but they do not identify as men. There's a difference between "man" and "masculine." Trans* men, however, ARE men, even if they don't have a penis. You can have a vagina and identify as a man... :/