1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay guys hate lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by colorful, Mar 17, 2012.

1. PianoNate

flannel? hahah ... j/k I don't know any lesbians OR gay guys outside of EC so don't stone me for making the joke!:eusa_doh:

2. colorful

Lol. That's alright. :slight_smile: I actually happen to wear flannel every once in a while. :slight_smile: Before I told my brother about...my questioning we were watching a video on youtube and it said "does she like girls or does she just like to wear flannel" (or something along those lines) and he said "but you're just a hipster right?" Bahaha.

3. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I treat lesbians the same as i treat everyone else. if i like you its cause i think your an all around cool person...if i don't like you its not because your a lesbian. honestly though i haven't actually met that many lesbians and the few i did were some of the coolest people i knew.

4. Emberstone

my college Advisor is a lesbian, and I like her alot, to the point that she is one of my fav professors.

also, I own a pair of hiking boots... so there... *sticks out tongue*

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend in the world is a gay guy, as are many of my other friends. I've come across the occasional gay guy who seems to dislike women as a whole, but in general, I've seen plenty of friendships between queer guys and queer girls.

6. Mitchh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a pretty ridiculous stereo type ;p

Funny enough, majority of my friends ARE lesbians. We make jokes that really only we can understand. ahah

Also, like I have said before, my sister is a lesbian, and we get along just fine.

I would suggest your friend to be cautious of the things he says about subjects he isn't fully educated on. And to search the definition of "fact". ahha

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only known a couple lesbians and they were really fun.
    And by the way i love hiking.:slight_smile:

8. Rob999

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No. I know only 2, but they're very nice.

I don't like hiking much though.

9. ameliawesome

that's a really weird thing to say. are they implying that all lesbians like hiking and all gay men hate hiking? like they have nothing in common? whatever, because i don't think it's true. i have a lot of gay male friends who like me a lot. and we all love hiking.

10. colorful

Yeah that's pretty much what she was implying... She thinks she knows everything about the gay community because her parents had her and then her dad came out, her parents got divorced and now her dad is with this guy. Everyone is different though and I don't think she gets that. Something else she said a few days ago was something along the lines of I like gay guys, but lesbians just freak me out. I said why? it's not like just because someone likes girls they try to go after every girl they see. (what I wanted to say was most lesbians wouldn't go after you especially after you opened your mouth...anyway. Haha.)

11. ameliawesome

hahahahaha! you are definitely correct.

12. Timm

I have no problem with lesbians. I have several lesbian friends, and they're wonderful people.

Also, I love hiking. I guess that makes me the Official Lesbian Ambassador, eh?

13. Holmes

Two of my closest friends are lesbians. And few gay men I know have much antagonism towards lesbians.

14. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't see why gays would discriminate against others who can empathize with having the same struggle as them. But then again, you do have subsets of each group that tend to not get along (e.g. hyper-masculine vs. femme gay guys). The only people I have any resentment for are some straights, at least the ones that realize that they're treated as superior by the law and like to shove it in our faces.

I have a few lesbian friends and one of them even has a freakin' posse of gay guys she hangs with. I don't know many gay guys though, so I'm not really sure of many stereotypes held within the overall LGBT community though (other than ones I've heard about through EC). Discrimination is bullshit!

15. TheAMan

So let me get this straight. Your friend says gay guy don;t like lesbians because they like to hike? Smh. Wow.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2012 at 09:17 PM ----------

I don't think that's true at all. I'm bisexual but I think girl on girl is the hottest thing ever.

16. colorful

Yeah it pretty much sounds like her only (false) reasoning for gay men not liking lesbians is because lesbians are manly and therefore hike and gay men are feminine so they stay away from hiking. I mean really? Major sterotyping and why would someones friendship only be based off of whether or not they like to hike... *sigh*

17. wildpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a few lesbian friends and have always got along wellwith them,i believe i should have been born a girl,It was one of these friends that helped me come out and took me to my first gay club changed my life.

18. simon94

Of the Gay/Lesbian/Bi people in know in person I only get on with the female ones.

All of the Gay and Bisexual guys I've known in person have been really really shallow, bitchy, self-obsessed or all of the above. I know not everyone is like that I've just been unfortunate to meet guys who are.

In contrast I'm extremely close to a lesbian couple I know, one whom essentially took me under her wing last time I was feeling depressed, I helped a female friend come out as bisexual and can't think of a single Lesbian/Bisexual girl I haven’t got on with.

Both of the above examples are entirely from my experience. It would be stupid for me to say 'I'll never get on with any gay guys' and 'I'll get on with every lesbian I ever meet' purely based on what I've encountered so far. I'm surprised at how easily some people In the LGBT community put each other in boxes with labels on- people are people and, as much as some may not like it, generally don't stick to the limited concepts other people have of them.

19. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like others have said, in the early years of the gay movement, there was some friction. I took out a ton of books from the library as a young teenager and was surprised by it because, to me, it seems very different than how things are now.
    Honestly, almost all of my friends growing up were gay/bi guys. I don't know how I managed it, but I've always seemed to pick the gay guys to make friends with, even without knowing their sexuality. I guess I just get on better with them? For a while there was this cute rumor going around that I was only pretending to be a lesbian because I was some giant fag hag (and I hate that term, so it was all the more annoying).

20. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If there are gay guys who don't like lesbians, I'd think that it's only because those certain lesbians are not particularly people that the guys like (regardless of sexual orientation). The gay guys may not like those girls' personalities or whatever, but I doubt it's just because they're lesbians. I'm gay and I have a close gay guy friend and he loves me. His boyfriend's best friend is also a lesbian, and those two actually live together. For my gay guy friend, he's mostly friends with girls who are straight. But I know that he connects with me more since we're both gay and understand that part of each other's lives in a way that his straight friends wouldn't. Sometimes it may be hard for gay guys and lesbians to find common ground in terms of topics of conversation since the guys are talking about guys while the girls want to talk about girls. Gay guys can talk about guys with straight girls, but that doesn't necessarily mean that gay guys wouldn't like lesbians.