1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Disowned & Rejected advice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThisIsLuka, Mar 24, 2015.

1. guitar

Luka, do you have a PayPal account? I echo Scanner, an indiegogo might be the way to go.

If you don't mind me asking, what have you been doing for food & shelter?

18 is a legal adult in Canada, and at 16 you can legally be disowned (it happened to a friend of mine, non lgbt though). There are services to help you out though. Go to any highschool or university that's near you and ask for a guidance councilor for highschool or crisis center at a university.

A church might be able to help you as well. After all, they don't pay taxes so I view that as their obligation to help you, no matter how opposed they may be.

2. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I do have paypal ..
    And thank you for all the great suggestions scanner... ive actually thought of joining the military..

As for food and shelter... I have no shelter.. and food is not alot either.. But some people bought me some pizza yesterday. Told me if i wanted more i would have to go back today. And unfortunately he doesnt have the space to spare for a few days. If so he wouldve.. and like i said im not much of a taker.. if hes doing this then i feel like i must repay them somehow.

3. Images and Words

I'm so sorry for you, man. Nobody should be disowned by their parents for ANY reason, but being LGBTQ+ especially. Wouldn't have expected something like this for 2015.
    I will try to do ANYTHING within my power to help, although, as a 15 year old who lives in England, I doubt I can do much, however, if you need ANYTHING that you think I can help with, message me.
    Hope things get better VERY soon.
    I&W (*hug*)

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Luka, I'm sorry to hear you are in such a shitty situation, but there are ways...

You should keep insisting on the Shelters. Tell them how it is : You are hungry, scared and have nobody. Also you are at risk. Tell them what happened, word by word. If they still refuse, then ask them where should you go, maybe they know other options.

I'd go back to my school as well and try to contact a teacher or counselor. Same thing : Tell them what happened and ask for help.

I'm with guitar about the church. Try them. I doubt they refuse to give you at least a meal and most likely a shower. You need to take care of yourself asap. After a meal and a shower you will see things under a different light.

You need to stop this. To live on the streets on the long run is going to leave its mark on you, and you don't want that. Besides you are doomed to get into (serious) troubles. You must look desperate, 'cause you must be desperate, and this will attract all sorts of weird characters.

Did you go to the social services today?

5. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Unfortunately I didnt get to go today.. I went to the school but they told me they cant do anything at the time because the counselor wasnt there today. Will try again tomorrow..

To look or act desperate is quite difficult for me.. I could never ask a person face to face for anything that i could take.. ive never taken or begged for anything in my life.. im usually the one who gives.. and not only that.. i also feel like i dont know how to express my emotions out and its like i have no emotions anymore..

The only goals i have now.. is to beat the negative thoughts.. and maybe go to alberta where ill have a place to call home.. to heal whats been broken or damaged.

Thank You..

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

I can also feel myself changing into something I just might adjust too.. not in the greatest way ofcourse..

6. Burnedcloset

Hello Luka,

I'm so sorry your fears have come true. It's horrible to hear stories like this. But, you have to stay strong and keep positive no matter what.
    Find whatever you can to bring something positive from your situation. Utilize whatever you can.
    You CAN make it through this and come out on top. It might take longer then others but, you have to persevere.

Find somewhere to stay. Find a way to get stable. Then try to build up from there. Try to get school stuff done when you can. Plan ahead.

you can message me whenever.

7. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the comment..
    Ill try my best to keep strong and positive..

Day10. Night falls as the day ends.. This is the time where all thoughts come hard at me, trying hard to bring me down for the next day, but I will not let it.. tonight.. is the night where I feel most alone.. not with people.. but by a loved one.. as these negative thoughts arise at night, I feel that I wont make another day.. i feel like i will never find a partner to love.. i just wish i gotten to feel the love everyone around me has felt.. never had i felt it.. never had found another like me in person.. ive been in relationships. Only not with a male, but a female where i had forced myself to try convert at the age of 12. 2years since the disownment of my cousin..

Thank You All.. My Day10 closing thought is up. I felt like i had to release the thought.. Lets hope i make day11 through.

8. scanner007

(((ThisIsLuka))) Take care of yourself out there man.

Where are you sleeping? I think we've all wondered that. I think Michael is right, you need to get a home base pronto. I would take whatever help you can...if you can't pay it back then you can always thank them and pay it forward later when you're safe.

I would look ahead and knowing you're on day ten now and there could be a day twenty coming....I suggest you put your dignity aside for now but hold fast to your integrity. The blunt version of that i'm saying don't be too proud to beg but don't reach a desperate point out there where you compromise your morals and sell yourself for sex or turn to drugs for relief. I know this isn't exactly polite conversation but I'm trying to speak frankly to address your very real situation.

I read how sad you were that you've never yet had a boyfriend to love....but consider for a moment what a blessing that is. Its a blessing because you have all that ahead of you to discover and enjoy for the first time. Meeting someone, falling in love with them, spending time with them...its all ahead of you.

Yes you have quite a bit to look forward to in life. So don't lose heart for the short while you go through this. The part where "It gets better"...well you're at the perfect age where all that starts to happen. No longer will you have to try to live up to someone else's expectations of who they think you ought to be. You can just be yourself. You set your own goals and your own expectations and be what you want. And you never have to listen again when someone presumes, with all their vanity and pride, to tell you what God thinks of you...like they would know. If they looked into their own hearts and actually listened to Him, I doubt you'd be where you are now.

So anyways, dontbe too proud...get a Paypal account...a bank account...a Kickstarter account and start a Youtube vlog. If you're sleeping out in the park and its cold and scary...whip out your camera..show everyone just how dark and cold it is. You hear that? Sound likesome kind of animal...you're scared...play thatshit up and tug at those heartstrings....get people to donate. Its not about being one type of person or another, its about survival and getting yourself back into a safer more stable situation. Its about not letting yourself get to the point where you are so cold, lonely hungry and desperate that you'll do ANYTHING. Better to sacrifice your dignity and keep your integrity now than to lose it all later. Don't spend a minute longer out there than you have to. Staystrong. You'll make it. We'd all like to at least lend our emotional support and see you better off.

Good Luck
    SCANNER

9. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Where have I been sleeping..? The local park. Inside a bus stop with heaters. The park. The backalley. Inside a shed... if im not sleeping, then im up for the night and walk around like some dead man all day and not get sleep at all.. homebase? I dont know.. maybe ill find one today.. i do have a paypal account.. i also have a bank account.. both of which have nothing in it.. youtube? Ill give it a thought..

Each moment and every minute. I can feel myself change.. my emotions seem to slowly fade away.. but with each comment. I feel normal and accepted. Making myself think i do have the chance..

ill try this day.. not to worry too much about dignity. But to keep integrity.. thank you all..

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh wow thank you for the link.. Ive checked it out and it shone a light of hope.. if it hadnt been closed today I wouldve been the first in line... ill be sure to go tomorrow.. thanks again

12. AKTodd

Not all churches and faith organizations are opposed. From Gay Winnipeg.ca:

Gay Winnipeg Churches - Religious Organization Links

Augustine United Church
    Augustine is a community that welcomes and supports gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and two-spirited (GLBTT) people in all aspects of the life, work and worship of the church
    http://augustineunitedchurch.org/

Affirm United
    Affirm United is an organization of people of all sexual orientations and gender identities within The United Church of Canada. We work to provide the full inclusion of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people in the church and in society.
    Affirm United/S'affirmer Ensemble | Affirm United/S

First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg
    The website for the First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, located on Wellington Crescent. UU congregations covenant to affirm and promote a number of principles, among which are: the inherent worth and dignity of every person; justice, equity and compassion in human relations; acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations. Following these principles, UU churches have led the way in promoting acceptance of GLBT people, including providing Services of Union long before same-sex marriage became legal (and being part of the fight to legalize those marriages).
    http://uuwinnipeg.mb.ca/welcoming.shtml

St. Matthew's Anglican Church - Proud Anglicans!
    St Matthew's is a diverse inner-city faith community whose mission is to serve our neighbourhood and be a healing and transforming presence in our world.
    St. Matthew's Anglican Church - Winnipeg

The Table
    The Table is a space where you have room to explore what you believe. All are welcome; our demographic includes twenty-something students, new families and empty nesters. We’re trying to learn how to love God, to love one another, and to love the world God has made. We hope to provide a space to discover what that could look like for each individual. We meet above Independant Jewelers at 493 Notre Dame.
    The Table

The Anglican or Unitarians in particular might be able to either get you into a shelter or find someplace else (halfway house, family, group home, etc.) that you could stay.

You might also check out these folks:

Rainbow Resource Centre
    The RRC is the central community-service organization for Manitoba's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, and two-spirited communities.
    Rainbow Resource Centre | Serving Manitoba's Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Two Spirit Communities

From their Contact Us page:

Address: 170 Scott Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3L 0L3
    Phone: 204-474-0212
    Fax: 204-478-1160

Again, they may be able to get you into some place where you have food and a roof over your head.

On a related note, I know you said you struggle with 'taking', but you're in a situation right now where you need all the help you can get. Once you're back on your feet, you can 'repay' the help that people give you by helping them - maybe even volunteer or work for them in some fashion. Or eventually you can repay them by paying it forward and helping others who may find themselves in your situation.

Hope this helps, and take care,(*hug*)

Todd

13. guitar

You might want to try calling The Trevor Lifeline:
    Our trained counselors are here to support you 24/7. If you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk, call the Trevor Lifeline now at:

866-488-7386

14. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all the links Todd.. ill try to see what i can do...
    Unfortunately guitar, im not able to call anywhere for awhile.. thanks for the suggestion.

Day11 has ended. I made it through.. Today Ive seen happiness in the eyes of all people around me filled with hope, desire, and laughter.. When will I be able to feel again? I dont know... I envy these people, how one can be soo filled with dreams, hope, and a chance.. darkness falls once again. I am alone out in the dark. No sound to be heard beyond the trees of this empty park.. Silence is all I hear. Or so I say... with this silence.. ive decided..... to leave a mark on my left wrist. It felt good, as if I just slit open all the depression and to see how it came out. I begin to feel dizzy and tired....

Day12? Lets see what u got..

I must sleep now. Goodnight 2 u all. Thank You. For all suggestions and advice.

15. guitar

Luka, how have you been these past couple of days? Any luck with getting to talk to someone (perhaps social services)? Keep us informed. I was thinking of you and your story earlier at work. Stay strong. *hugs*

16. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    These past couple days... Ive somewhat made them through.. id say not too well or not too bad? Ive started self "therapy"... as for talking or going to any of those.. nope... ive somehow keep talking myself not to tell a soul in this city about anything.. too much negativity brought my mind to a state where i think nobody in this city will understand and just bring me down. Ive met a woman who just looked me down as if i was nothing but a souless creature.. i write to myself each night with the textbook i have and pencil. Stating each day as if it were a book. That way. If i dont make it. People will find it. And my story will or will not be told.

Thank you guitar for your thoughts and all the responses you've given..
    I now consider you as a brother who worries. For that I just might try. For i have given.

17. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Luka, how are things going? Where you able to get help? Or are you still looking?

18. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello. Things are going..... not bad? Idk I dont really feel anything anymore.. as for help, ive seen some places but not perm or temp. Just a visit now and then.. and idk if i need help anymore either. Its like ive given in.. still homeless. But i help people throughout the day. Making others feel happy like what i wish to have..
    Thanks for thinking.

---------- Post added 2nd Apr 2015 at 03:41 PM ----------

Im also trying to raise some money on the streets for a busticket to alb. Not quite enough just yet but itll come some day.

19. TheSameRoad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey buddy, do not give in! Get those thoughts out of your head and keep carrying on. I hope things went better today. Everything will get much better bro, trust me.

20. ThisIsLuka

ThisIsLuka Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well... I'd like to thank you all who read and responded to my time in need and support.
    A quick update on everything thats occurred. I went to many suggested places finally and decided to not to think negatively about who I am for what my friends and family said I was, but I learned to love myself and hop on this wild ride called Life once again. This time.. I will be me.
    And I thank it to the EC community and the people who took me in till I get back on track.

I am free.. and it feels great.. to be ME.. I am now surrounded by many people like myself which makes me feel like im not the only one anymore.

Before all this happened I was thinking it was my last day alive (I decided to kill myself that day). But throughout the day Ive been feeling and seeing signs of hope and to not suicide. I stumbled upon a piece of paper (fortune cookie) that has drifted through the wind and it read "Suicide is not the answer, Hope is Here" there I thought it was a coincidence, later on the day I cut myself. Then this couple came and stopped me. They asked why I was doing what I was doing. I told them my story from beginning to current. Turns out they were the guardian angels sent to make me see the light once again. They were broken to hear it. They work with a resource centre for lgbtq youth but instead of looking for a place for me to stay they wanted me to join the family. They felt I was the one.

So once again, I thank you all for everything, without you, I couldve been gone already before this happened. Thanks