1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First "Out"ing, total fail

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Dragonbait, Sep 27, 2013.

1. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, no! Relax. Do no prejudge. Enjoy whatever comes of it. And yes, *breathe*. Throughout, but take an especially deep one right before engaging with him.

So much good luck to you...remember...many of us will be thinking of you and sending your our strength and support!

2. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Thanks Annika, Rose. I did it. And I did remember to breathe, at least a few times. Now I have to go figure out how to change my EC username to Awkward.

It was awful.

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

DragonBait-Proud of you!! Yay you!!! (*hug*)
    Sorry it didn't go well. Rose

#43 Rose27, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
  4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your situation makes me feel like a sappy optimist (a self-image my life so far has not led me to embrace). I am so sorry it wasn't a good experience...that is terrible!

BUT, *do not* let it be awkward for you. I said and meant "enjoy whatever comes of it". If all that comes of it is that you realize Fred isn't really a friend, or is overly judgmental or has LGBT hangups (or whatever arose), celebrate knowing better and being able to dismiss a loser/not-real-friend from your life. I'd like to think more came out than that...but my track-record in predictions for you is pretty poor right now. Regardless, if it was awkward, let it be awkward for *him*...possess and manifest the dignity to walk away from it with your head high, not low. You're discovering who *you* are. You should never let that make you feel lesser...especially to judgmental people.

5. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

And he said I look like Sinead O'Connor! I love her voice, but...
    She's fecking BALD! And has FACE TATTOOS!
    WTF?!

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. HopeFloats

Aww, I'm sorry he said mean things and that you felt awkward. I know it's disappointing. Try not to let him get you down.

8. Lovetoski

Lovetoski Guest

Fred sucks. You are better off without him... And btw if a shrink can't come up with anything to say better than you look like Sinead OConnor.. Than he probably sucks at being a shrink too. Last-- Sinead does not have face tattoos and was totally sexy in 1992... Take it as a compliment xx

9. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Well, IMO she WAS totally sexy until she inked up her face, and on that note, she totally did! The letter B on one cheek and a Q on the other. They were new in September, here, look:

[​IMG]

Aw, who am I kidding? She's still totally gorgeous. She said they stand for some mystery man named Brendan Quinlan, I think they really stand for Bi and Queer!!!

"Put it this way, every individual has their own way of expressing themselves," O'Connor's father, author Sean O'Connor, said.

Read more: Sinead O