1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling back into hetero life...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by L8bloomer, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s fairly typical for people in this situation. That’s how it feels and sometimes how it comes across. Everybody knows that it’s down them to make their own decisions. We offer advice, not instructions.

#41 LostInDaydreams, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    L8bloomer likes this.
  2. L8bloomer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Fenrir do you believe I am asking someone to make this decision for me? Isn't this entire site to help people who are questioning this big massive thing we are all going through? I joined this site in December and 4 months later, yes, I'm still struggling with all this. In the scheme of things, that's not long at all. You advocate for us to take a measured approach, and I am doing exactly that - no rush decisions. Yet I feel like you're making some judgments that are inaccurate. I would also like to inquire how you came to have the perspective that you do. Your experience does matter here - again, we are all supposed to be able to offer advice and be a sounding board based on our shared experiences. Many of us find that we have a lot in common, yet each of us come from a different place. For example, if you feel so negatively about divorce because maybe you had a bad experience as a kid, that's valid and it's your experience. But it's not reflective of everyone's experience.

I am sorry if this comes off as combative - we should be here to support each other. But that also means respecting each others' paths and different opinions.

LostInDaydreams likes this.