1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook:Interested in: Men or Women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed. I don't see the benefit of filling this out. From the pictures, they can tell there's no significant other in my life. Also, for some of us, it goes back further in time, in terms of years, and there are some people who might be friends of friends or people I once knew who I don't give a rat's ass about, so it becomes TMI. Those who I'm on a speaking basis with, and close to, can help themselves to anything they want to know about me, and what I tell THEM is probably TMI ... and I don't want to wear them out. I see more value in focused forums than I do in social media. It must be an age thing.

2. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think my step-sister initially set my facebook up and I think she put interested in women just as an assumption and I kept it like that for awhile. After I accepted myself, I made it blank because I was done lying to myself, but I didn't want anyone to find out by looking at my page.

3. Hiems

I left mines blank since I'm not out. I intend to keep it that way mainly because my siblings are FB friends, and I don't feel ready to out myself to them yet. In particular, my sister would likely freak out and tell my parents, which would be quite disastrous.

Whenever I come out to enough people, including my family, then I'll probably change it.

4. Jaffacake

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Mine's blank too, for now at least!

5. 2112

I change it sometimes, then I get scared and change it back to nothing. Maybe eventually it will stay.

6. Inferno

Inferno Guest

I leave it blank, as I can't choose between the two genders, since I like both. Also because I've been cyberbullied, so I am not going to put my sexual orientation online where ANYONE can see it.

7. JustMe2602

Interested in women :slight_smile:

Only I'm pretty sure that no one has ever seen it because no one has asked me about it..
    But it's there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Hrantou

Mines blank. That was always a dumb feature because its not a dating site. If I ever get into a relationship I figure I'd just put them up as my "In a relationship with (insert name)" And be done with it.

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All it says is that I'm male; the rest is blank

10. GayNerd

Once I feel comfortable with basically the whole world knowing ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) I will change mine to 'Interested In: Men'. But for now, it's Blank. :wink:

11. justjade

I always had that I am interested in men, even when I was wanting to experiment with women. I have a plethora of reasons for not having Facebook now, but if I did, I wouldn't bother with the "interested in" section. I'm married and loyal to my partner. I'm not "interested in" anyone.

12. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I left it blank, im out on facebook but im not into either men nor women im into people.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I checked both, then left it unlisted when I was in a questioning stage. It's still blank for me despite being certain of things now.

14. tulman

I'm just an old knuckle dragging Neanderthal living in a cave. No FB, no twitter, no nothing. Don't text, don't take pictures with my 10 year old Motorola Razor or make cell phone calls with my camera. I even still listen to some of my cassette tapes when no one is looking and record Sons of Anarchy every week with my VCR. Tapes are getting hard to find.

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I left it all blank. Even though I'm in the closet, I can't bring myself to pretend to be straight and interested in girls.

16. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have mine set to Interested In: Men, but I have it so that only the people who I'm out to can see it.

17. Rainbow Music

It used to say interested in Women, but that's because most of my friends on their are from my Church, and I was scared of what they would say, then I got to the point in my life where I finally said, "Who cares what anybody else says. If they don't like it too bad." And then I changed it to Men. Nobody said a damn thing.

18. MightNeedThis

I think mine says "men" for now. People have always discussed my sexuality without me, and i'm afraid to take the whole question off of my profile and start a new set of discussions. [Does anyone know if i took my "interested in" off, what would come up on my timeline?]

19. Nyanko

Mine has been "women" since February, I think. Nobody's ever asked me about it so I figured it wasn't a huge deal to anyone.

20. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it shows up unless someone deliberately looks at your "about" page.