Ec Hotties

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latinokid, Dec 20, 2007.

1. SRSLYMARK

I didn't sign up for this website to meet hot people. I just happened to realize that there are many who do reside here! :3

I'm cute-ish, I guess. My appearance has improved a lot recently (contacts, haircut, better fitting clothes, increased height, decreased weight, other stuff). But I don't think that I will ever be that *hot*.

2. Jerr

I think it is funny a thread like this actually got started... and continued... though not surprised.

I find quite a few individuals on this website attractive. Kudos to them!

I find quite a few more attractive but to me they are ugly because they are more then just a picture. lol If only they could have remained silent! Proves that beauty is more then skin deep! (to me at least)

I love it when I get insulted on my looks. (I know sounds weird) It's so much fun to be like "Oh my god! Someone gets me!" Not only do I get to say that I get to see the wonderful look of confusion.

Of course... after almost 6 months... (sunday makes 6!) a lot of people are getting more attractive then I remember them being... and I'm saying things I shouldn't to them. lol

3. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

Hey Joeyconnick

Don't get me wrong. I used the term "us oldies" in jest. Sure, I refer to myself as an oldie but that is putting it relatively, ie I am older that most on EC. Sorry :icon_redf if my comment caused offence to any of you that are older than most and for the record nobody has had any "problem" with me being older than them. They appreciate that "age" is just a number and it is the "person" that counts - no matter what their age.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Every time I look at this thread I am undecided whether to leave it open or close it.

It has had an off-topic "discussion" about oldies in the last day or so, and there are comments in the anon section about this thread making people feel bad. So I feel it's days are numbered now.

I really do not like any sort of popularity type threads here because inevitably those who are not mentioned feel left out.

5. Tom

Tom Guest

this thread wasnt made to be a popularity type thread and its just afew have turned it into what Carlos didnt want and unfortunately others took up this aswell =[ mabe a remake of the thread but rules could be called for, so we could have another go at what carlos intended this for.

6. surfrboykai

how is this a popularity thread? no one has been named or anything (At least, i don't think so...i haven't read it since last night)

has it gone off topic? totally brah, but we're tryin to get back on topic. and the topic, imo, wasn't made to alienate anyone. like i said, no one was listed, and the only peoples that have been talked about are the peoples that have posted in it.

the topic was created to compliment everyone that goes to this site, and it's a nice compliment to us all.

7. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok - back on topic. (Sorry Carlos if it didn't go the way you intended.)

Yes - I agree that the vast majority of EC members are hot. I've looked at one or two other, similar sites and none match the heat blasting out of EC. :icon_wink

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Urm.... What was the topic again?

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite frankly, the nature of discussions is that yes, they sometimes change topics, and generally there's nothing wrong with that. It's incredibly artificial to expect every thread to maintain some kind of "purity of topic" and it totally stifles how discussion among people works to enforce that.

I mean, yes, okay, if people become insulting, fine. And if someone has asked for help and that turns into a discussion on I don't know know... hockey, sure, request that things move back on topic. But for 90% of the threads here, and especially in the "Chit Chat" section, going off-topic should not be viewed as a bad thing. It's a complete waste of moderator resources, it forces arbitrary decisions that are unnecessary, and it totally stifles discussion because I can assure you that when threads are shut because they've gone off-topic, that discourages all further discussion because there's a sense that the people involved in whatever topic the thread has morphed into end up feeling like they've done something wrong, which really isn't the case at all (except in very unusual circumstances).

And as for discussions making people feel uncomfortable, well, I'm pretty sure I could find at least half a dozen discussions where people have said things that I find pretty offensive and they haven't been shut down, so to me that rather reinforces the arbitrary nature of that line of policing. Plus can you imagine the tepid kind of commentary that would encourage, if anyone feeling uncomfortable with what was being discussed was the standard for closing threads?

10. surfrboykai

well said, joey!

11. OneHatMadder

I feel pretty!
    Oh so pretty!
    I feel pretty and witty and GAY!

:grin: Just thought I'd put that in there. You might as well keep this post up until someone complains!

12. Tom

Tom Guest

- me complains-

=p

13. CrimsonThunder

:|

How is this a popularity thread? Its about good looks! Its about people here looking HOT! And thats a good thing to everyone. =]

People that posted in the Anonymous section saying they were depressed about this topic are probably in everyones hot list anyway. XD

And I agree with Joey, if topics started getting locked just because of a few off topic posts, that would be more annoying than the off topic posts themselves. (which aren't always annoying, sometimes funny or educating.)

14. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

SOO....WHAT IT DO SHAWTYS! lol
    Yeah this thread was like a card or something saying to all the ppl of EC ....THANK YOU FOR BEING HOT! lol

15. surfrboykai

same goes for people feeling "uncomfortable" because of certain threads. some things discussed here might indeed make someone uncomfortable. for instance, we have a lot of frank discussions about sex and sexuality. we even have a section dedicated towards health issues, some of which have the potential to make some people feel uncomfortable, such as discussions about HIV/AIDS, hep C, and other STDs.

and, as we speak--er, type, there's a poll on the front page of "chit chat" about what type peoples here like. one of the least chosen body types is "more to love," with the front runner being athletic. well, what's to stop someone who happens to be "more to love" from saying that he or she feels offended because the more to ove category was hardly chosen?

16. CrimsonThunder

No one is in there saying "fat people are ugly".

17. surfrboykai

aside from people saying it about themselves, no one in here is accusing anyone on this website of being fat and ugly in this topic

18. CrimsonThunder

Exactly. =]

Everyone (well, at least majority) of the people here at EC is thoughtful of other peoples feelings.

19. rainecost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think your hot and im fourteen! and no im not just saying tht.

20. Chris

im not hot and i know it!