Ec Hotties

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Latinokid, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Grof142007

crap bag ftw

2. JSG

JSG Guest

Yeah, ask paul to change your nick :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I can't stand people who go around saying "Oh woe is me, I'm so ugly...wah wah wah" when they are really fishing for compliments. There are like too many people on this board who are like that...

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're just proving the point. Someone who is 30+ is NOT an "oldie" (or "oldy" or whatever the singular form is). That's moronic. I mean it might be one thing if someone 14 or 15 thought that because even though that would still be stupid, it would at least be understandable, but my god, if I see one adult here refer to themselves as "old" I am going to fucking scream.

When someone who's 12, 13, 14 joins here, do they make any mention of how young they are (and presumably how that's somehow, mysteriously, a bad or awkward thing)? No! So really, what is this obsession with older people pointing out how "very old" they are? Why the insane self-consciousness about it?

And frankly it's just insulting when someone who's younger than you just goes on about how old they are. It's one thing if someone has specific concerns (oh I'm turning 20 and I'm not going to be a teenager anymore or oh I'm turning 30 and I don't feel like I've done anything with my life) but otherwise?

If you've chosen to display your age in the profile, then everyone knows how old you are, so you don't need to comment on it unless it actually affects what you're saying so please people, age-related comments only where they're relevant? Because age is a very relative thing.

5. Jim1454

^^ You're right Joey. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes... but I mean it only in jest.

I'm becoming SO comfortable with who I am now that my age is almost irrelevant. It really is simply a relative measure. Although there certainly is some truth to wisdom coming with age.

And in the theme of this thread, I'd say there is a pretty good cross section of people on EC. Some I'd consider 'hot' and some aren't my type. That's not to say that others wouldn't find them hot. Beauty (and hotness I suppose) are in the eye of the beholder!

6. Tom

Tom Guest

i seem to notice all the hot/cute guys on here aswell and i have 2 say there are aload of em!!!!!!!!!! esp when u get to know sum of em aswell =]

7. JSG

JSG Guest

Oh woe is me, I'm so ugly...wah wah wah
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    (for you people with no humour, I'm not saying I'm hot or trying to be stuck up, just fooling around :wink:)

30-40 year olds def isn't 'old' I find you guys have more experience, I really like older men... Real men.

#47 JSG, Dec 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2007
  8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think some people can be like that but I think there's also cases where people honestly are expressing their opinion. I mean if you think about it, you can't really say, "I don't think I'm attractive" without sounding like you're fishing for compliments. But it's quite possible someone actually doesn't think they're attractive, whether that's warranted or not. So it's a bit of a bind.

I'm less impressed with the people who are like, "I'm so hot." Because I've seen some people say that and I'm like, "Really? Well you just keep on thinking that and living in your little dreamworld..." But then again, how could you actually say you thought you were attractive (which could be an honest statement of your opinion and not a snotty comment) without sounding stuck up? I guess if I were trying to say that about myself, I would try to qualify it somehow, in some way, so there was some kind of indication I realised that a lot of beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Like I personally think I'm attractive but I don't pretend I'm, say, going to be on the cover of a magazine on the basis of my looks.

And really beauty comes in many forms. For instance, Sarah Jessica Parker. I think she's plain beyond Jane. But I'm pretty sure I understand what people are going on about when they go on and on about how "beautiful" she is... it's just not a quality or set of qualities I find particularly appealing.

And I know for sure I've had exes where most of my friends (most, but not all) have been like, "Uhm... okay, glad SOMEONE thinks he's cute and not a weasel." :lol: And the funny thing is I get what they're saying but that didn't stop me from finding them super-sexy.

9. Urman

Urman Guest

i wish i was hot lol :frowning2:

10. panda

Speedo=Banana Hammock:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: (!) (!) (!) (!)

11. Urman

Urman Guest

Rifk :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

12. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I agree w/ that as well. There was one guy on here who stated he would only date a guy if he looked like an Abercrombie model and after I saw his picture I was like, um yeah good look w/ that...

13. Urman

Urman Guest

agreed however i wish i was skinner.

14. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Well being as how I am older than most here (for now) let me weigh in with some of my own thoughts concerning age. It is but a number and for the most part indicated life experience and with that experience we (individually, personally) learn a number of things along the way if we allow ourselves to remain open to learning. What I have learned is many of the things I worried about when I was younger actually turn out to be rather silly and a waste of time, but at the time I was worrying about them, they were quite serious and profound, so I do not necessarily put someone down for thinking it when younger, but am tolerant of it because I knew or remember where I was at that time. Now it doesn't always work out that way, being tolerant of someone else and their views, but at least I try.

When younger, anyone older was viewed as the person with authority and in my teen years there was a time of extreme confusion as I was at once trying to be respectful of it but also rebelling as much as I could against it to establish my own level of being who I am. But I now realize "older" people do not feel much different about a lot of things as teens, but all has been well tempered with life experience. We see the shades a gray in life and have pretty much giving up so much of the black and white aspects of the issues.

With the life experiences comes appreciation of things that we never had before. Therefore if an older person were to offer a compliment that an individual is hot or very good looking, you can be assured they mean it and it is not necessarily meant to be a come on or an attempt to get into someone's pants. It means too that over the years we have learned to be more open and to say the things we want to someone because so often we didn't before and regretted it.

Finally with age, many get use to their own skin and it means nothing to them in regard to anything. I like the age I am expect for a few notable limitations, but hey, it comes with the territory. I have a number of young friends, ranging from Teens to fellows in their early 20s and we get along just fine on a number of levels. So it has mostly to do with attitude. And there in lies the problem, attitude. What we think of ourselves eventually shines out to the world and also in how we treat others. Basically if we can't love ourselves, we can't really love anyone else.

So if you are paid a compliment from an older person, take it as it is pretty much, it is meant.

15. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I love how every thread gets turned into an "ageism" battle...

16. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I've really noticed how every thread here is about age. Definitely. All the time. What would we talk about if we didn't talk about age?

*rolls eyes*

17. MarkNYC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an EC hottie.

18. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Well excuse me... I've noticed that in a lot of threads here someone makes some snarky little comment about someone being old or too old for them and then it gets turned into an argument.

19. surfrboykai

it might have been brah, i dunno. wednesday, i didn't get off of work until 4am, got home around 4:30, had to wake up at 6 to go to ft. myers. so my sleep schedule is a bit off haha

20. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry...

I just feel like it could be mentioned a lot more than it is. I guess that's because it seems so common to me. But I feel like I only bring it up about once every 20 times I notice it.