1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest way you've injured yourself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiny Catastrophe, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Zontar

I could tell you, but I'm not anonymous. I'll give you a hint: it really fucking hurt, and everyone would laugh at you if they found out.

2. starfish

I fell out of my truck and it ran me over.

3. I sprained my shoulder while doing...things...with a good friend... :lol:

Also, I feel off a teeter totter and had to get my hand x-rayed. At 16 years old. Not 6, 16. hahaha

4. Gothitil

Gothitil Guest

I was trying to pry apart two frozen hamburger patties with a knife, and the patties magically split, the knife flew forward and cut off a decent chunk of the tip of my finger.

Luckily, it was just muscle, fat, and skin that was cut off. We never found that chunk by the way, and it hurts to poke things since I have nearly no cushioning on the bone. Yay for it being on the left hand.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got hit in the face with a canoe.

6. kettlkorn

When I was a kid I spent most of my days at my grandparents house. One time I was with my grandfather in his shop, where he was using a blowtorch to cut an iron bar. I must not have understood the wonders of heat in those days, because when he finished cutting the bar in two I picked up one end to hand it back to him. Torches like that can get pretty hot too xD

7. Foxywolf

I broke my finger playing a game at lunch at school.
    The cafeteria was playing a game where a person from each grade goes up to the front and competes with people from the other grades.
    Well they were doing a 'treasure hunt' where they had to get specific items from the audience. They were told to get a school piece of apparel and I had a team running sweater on. So I took it off and held it out for the person in our grade. But a guy from a different grade ran by and grabbed it, but I refused to let go, and the guy dragged me halfway across the floor.
    So I broke my finger :frowning2:
    First and only bone I have ever broken so far.

8. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That's happened to me!! Actually, you name it, I've been hit there with a kayak...

But anyway.. I've sprained my foot whilst running backwards during follow the leader at canoe polo training. I've broken my arm on a flower pot (I was three). I've been (accidentally) elbowed in the eye and couldn't see for the rest of the day.. There are many more; I'm the most accident prone person I know. I have plenty of embarrassing moments too.:confused:

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also there was the time I completely failed to notice a flight of stairs, so I kept walking and then the floor disappeared from underneath me.

10. Tiny Catastrophe

I totally left this out in My original post. I am currently in a brace and STILL playing DJ Hero XD

11. Flyers2011

I didn't actually injure myself doing this, but I made an old injury worse I guess you could say.

I had a very minor case of Golfer's Elbow and I was performing with my high school marching band. We were parading around and we were doing this thing with our instruments called the Twirl (actually the Disco Twirl. DON'T JUDGE! xD) which requires us to twirl our trumpets around on our hand. It's sweet. Well, you have to flick your wrist/elbow to do it, and the faster you want to do it, the harder you have to flick your wrist/elbow. So yeah, I made my Golfer's Elbow about thirty thousand times worse doing so.

I still tell people it's from Softball. Which is the truth, right? XD

12. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been told two versions of this story, but either way the result was the same: I was 3-5 years old and either playing tag with my 12 year old uncle, or running from him because he teased me, and I ran right into the corner of the kitchen wall. The one that faces outward, like part of the doorway. I still have a scar on my forehead that oddly resembles Harry Potter's (except that it is not bright red, it is pale and only noticeable if you point it out).

13. ZeSmileyFace105

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I tripped while standing...now that takes talent. ^_^

14. Eric

Hmm, well, let's see, shall we? I've dropped a giant crucifix on my head, I've run into the side of a moving car, I got whipped off an ATV by a low-hanging wire, and I got pulled through the air by a horse and subsequently landed in a large puddle of mud. Yep, I've had embarrassing injuries

15. rangerfan

Out Status:
    All but family
    About 2 years ago I went to a house party with a couple of friends, now there is this big glass sliding door that was never closed, as prank I stole one my friends phone and was attempting to go outside and the big door was closed so I ran into it, I had nosebleed for about an hour.

16. Saikou7

I stepped on a the end of a rake and it swung up and hit me. It gave me the headache from hell. To add to the embarrassment, it was at my friend's birthday party in front of a bunch of people!

It was like something out of a freakin' Looney Tunes cartoon. :roflmao:

17. Aya McCabre

I live with a young child. There was a bit of a gap between him learning to peel his own bananas and him learning to put the skins in the bin. Result: I really have been just walking along and slipped on a banana peel. More than once.

18. Emberstone

burned my tongue with a soldering iron... well, not directly. I was repairing a stained glass window, and a pit of molten solder jumped, and hit my tongue, which was unconciously poking out between my teeth as I worked to melt away the solder to remove a cracked peice of glass.

19. TraceElement

I was going to an indoor sand volleyball arena and I was super excited to be playing volleyball on the sand. So, I start running next to the wall not realizing the net was attached to the wall by a 2 inch braided cable. All of a sudden was suspended in air, then fell flat on my ass. Had a nice green eyelid for a few weeks and had rope burn on my nose and the outside of my eye.

I once sprained my wrist trying to open a jar of pickles.

I was walking down a flight of stairs, and I didn't see the last 3 steps. Needless to say, the stairs won.

20. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yea, I've also fallen down the stairs cos my toe got caught in my pants, and got a nice bruised and slightly swollen foot, have had my legs knocked out from under me by a tent fly at tournament (left me so winded I spent the night being sick, and got a nice bruise on my knee), and split my hand open trying to catch a ball (the only time I've had stitches)... Not to mention sprained shoulders, sprained thumb, and ripped open hands from canoe polo... Ad numbers other bruises from paddles, balls, kayaks...