1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my friend think of me as more than a friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heythere999, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heythere999

I'm such a huge attention whore... Any more help or comments starting from my last update?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he is not willing to do this, then you should not be willing to do this either. Those are my thoughts about the matter. =)

3. heythere999

I'm not going to just randomly kiss him. Knowing me I'll ask for his consent, I'm not the type of person to break boundaries and make someone really uncomfortable. But of course I'd like to also hear more thoughts on the matter; like my last update.

I feel like there's a very strong connection between us; that's not something you can just make up in your head, you know?

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't assume you were going to kiss him randomly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I thought he said that he didn't think there was more. Personally, if I were in your situation, I would become flirty and play hard-to-get. But that's a matter of personal taste. :lol:

I know that feeling. =)

5. heythere999

Well that's the thing... I'm thinking there's denial in there. Because this is so far beyond a regular friendship, it's so complicated and strange and crazy. And I told him that if he really feels that way then he shouldn't do anything like how he did anymore but it's now back to normal except now he's more sweet when we're alone as opposed to in front of others. In front of others he's still flirty (he's flirty in general, but I'm the only guy he's actually flirty with) but not as much and he only gives big, long, very intimate hugs when it's just us two. And even the conversations we've had... They're not the typical conversations you have with a guy friend or even a bromantic friend. Like at the last hangout, yeah we were discussing our characters and mocking each other and stuff and even when I said mean stuff we both had smiles on our faces, and we both said we'd describe each other as "interesting" and he'd say "have you noticed we act like an old married couple?" and "I know I don't show it but I really enjoy spending time with you" and stuff... It's just weird things to say and do in a totally platonic friendship.

That's why I'm thinking of asking for a kiss maybe sometime soon... Or maybe at least during a private long hug give him a kiss on the cheek (not too crazy considering he's kissed me on the forehead and said goodnight before, along with grabbing my hand and kissing it 3 times...) but I dunno

And in terms of playing hard-to-get... During hangouts if there's an extended period of time where I don't look at him he'll scratch his head or yawn and stretch and look at me and then eventually try to get my attention. And if he says something and I don't give a strong reaction he'll repeatedly say my name or just a bunch of other things I dunno, like this one girl said (who he apparently likes... And everyone says he doesn't really like her) he kept scratching his head and yawning and stretching to look at me and she said that "idk he just really wants your attention for some reason"

So it's really hard to play "hard-to-get" and I don't think that's smart to do to someone that is (hopefully) in the closet in my opinion. Gotta get them out of there

So many thoughts...

---------- Post added 16th Oct 2014 at 02:14 AM ----------

Oh and I mean, plus when we were texting and he was talking about admitting things and he said "I don't want people thinking completely different of me idk" I'm trying to see what that could possibly mean...

6. Ex Ponto

You've got at the point where there isn't a lot to say.

Be open with him, make a move, let him know you like him romantically and physically. Sleepover is a good chance, just make a move. Ask to sleep in the same bed and then get more physical. :wink:

Then you'll know, based on his reaction, if he can be with you at the time, or you will have to move on.

7. heythere999

Be open in what sense?

I'm not sure if I'll see him tomorrow though most likely I will, I'm definitely seeing him Saturday and Sunday so... Yeah. Gotta think about how to approach him. I saw him at school today because he knew I would be studying in the library and he came during his break and we had some one-on-one time for like 45 minutes, it was kinda nice.

8. Sek

Sek

So I just read all 24 pages of this. Your relationship is definitely something. I'm almost envious haha.. I wish I had attention from my crush like you do. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time hoping I could see the outcome.

I noticed that he likes to tell you he loves you a lot, one thing I thought you could do to initiate a conversation but make him do the talking is to say "Do you..?" in a serious manner when he says "I love you". It might open up a conversation, or he might shake it off jokingly.

You seem like you know what you're able to handle yourself well enough but you have missed a lot of opportunities, and you have to remember people won't hang around/keep their feelings forever. It's better you do it soon.. Even if you just close your eyes and blurt it out to him.

I seriously wish you luck and I hope you do get together because your story is way too cute. :slight_smile:

9. Ex Ponto

Be open in sense to be honest and openly say you like him in romantic way, not just as a friend, and that you would like to try something with him. If you go on sleepover, you will have a chance to make a move when you're alone: will that be a kiss, or something else it doesn't matter and depends on you, but it should send him clear and unambiguous message about how you feel about him. :slight_smile:

10. heythere999

Okay so today there's going to be a little gathering at my house for a friend's birthday, around 15-20 people and we're all going to drink, including him. I was thinking I'll have him come upstairs to my room alone (I don't know how... I'm hoping he just decides to follow me) and then after some eye contact and hugging I'll ask him "hey, please can I kiss you? Just this one time if you really don't like it?" Or something to that extent. Maybe something like "hey, let's kiss? No one needs to know and if you don't like it we won't do it again"? I dunno. Or maybe I just lean in for it and if he rejects it, he rejects it and I apologize.

When we're together we're still flirty, and of course just from the way we hug we're getting comments like "are you guys done making out?" "What the hell are you guys doing" etc

#470 heythere999, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  11. Sek

Sek

If you wholeheartedly think you'll follow through on this, go for it. If the opportunity never arises to lean in for a kiss maybe just make eye contact, wait for there to be a silence for a few seconds and say "I want to kiss you". Just a suggestion. But good luck otherwise. :thumbsup:

12. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey. I don't know what else to add but I think you should get yourself out and into an LGBT froup or go dating guys who are out and willing to date you. Give yourself a real relationship rather than torturing yourself by trying to get the reaction you want out of your friend. If you do kiss him I hope you both get closer to sorting this situation out!

13. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    just read through the whole thread, i think theres definetly something there. hope all goes well for you. not sure id have warned him before a kiss, maybe a good hug face to face and just go in for it. considering what he had said in the past when you were really close face to face i dont think he would turn it down.

im certainly rooting for you and hope all goes well for you.

14. heythere999

Got a little too drunk so nothing happened. Before I got wasted I remembered us having a good time and a friend saying "can you guys stop flirting it's weird" while we were just talking. Eh I dunno.

15. Sek

Sek

I am a little concerned about where this is going. Ask yourself now: when are you realistically going to act on this?

Maybe you should just send him a message or a handwritten letter, since whenever you intend to tell him in person there's always some kind of excuse or reason not to do it. The sooner it ends, the sooner you can relieve yourself from constantly wondering and reading into things.

16. Ex Ponto

Sek has the point. :slight_smile:

However, if you're really not ready to act in order to resolve your situation, then all advices given by many users on the forum are in vane. :/

17. heythere999

Definitely not a text or something not in person. I don't know it's driving me insane. I said if he wants a platonic friendship he needs to act completely different but it's pretty much the same now minus the "I love you"'s and he's less touchy than before but still touchy. He knows I'm bi and he knows I like him. And another thing I forgot to mention was when we were talking his brother said "kiss him." He said it as a joke but the fact that he said that shows that there's visible sexual tension. Which is strange. I just don't get it, I don't know what to do at this point or how to bring it up

18. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yea definetly dont do anything not in person, you may just have to snap and kiss him. im pretty sure he wont turn it down. with him still acting almost the same id say he isnt against it.

19. Blayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could sleepover at his house or your house and tell him that you want to kiss him, but if he doesn't want to or doesn't like it then it's fine. He's unpredictable (in my opinion) and it'd be safer to bring up the kiss opposed to actually just going for it, but I don't really know what the difference would be, considering his "interesting" personality. Regardless, I still feel like you're wasting your time in college on someone who doesn't seem willing to open up to you in the way that you want him to. I don't know what he's so afraid of and what his deal is, but if this whole kiss scenario goes down (even if it's you just asking him if it'd be okay for you two to kiss) and he reacts negatively, you need to let go of the idea of you two being in a relationship, or at least start meeting and dating other guys. You can't expect to have a healthy college life and/or relationship--guy or girl--if you dwell on the unrealistic expectation for your friend to suddenly change his ways and become your boyfriend. Give it one more shot and try to find some closure in the situation, whatever that closure may be.

20. topher85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i agree, years ago when i hadnt told anyone at all about my curiousity i had a friend who "jokingly" (according to him) asked me to go out with him, i was so stunned as i had feelings about him that i didnt say anything, (i still feel terrible for not jumping on the chance) i talked to him the next day and said yes, he told me he was kidding but he respects my courage and choice. i was just about crushed, it didnt change our friendship at all fortunately. but between when he asked me and the next day when i said yes, if he had just leaned over and kissed me i would have loved it, although i would ahve said yes if he had asked to kiss me.

so either way i think if when you hug him its up to you, if you ask and he is ok with it he will say yes. asking certainly wouldnt hurt and i would think would be less of a risk than just going for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.