1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Gay equal Gifted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deon1, Mar 29, 2009.

1. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm right-handed too. It's still pretty rare, and most left-handed people are straight but it's a small community, and gay people are, statistically speaking, more often left-handed.

I'm very much like the description of Asperger's in A LOT of ways. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a young child, even though I was good student and liked to hole up by myself and read. I had special interests, the obsession with facts and trivia, loved to learn, had an amazing memory and never had to study.

I was just very misbehaved and had a ton of sensory issues, still do, I've just adjusted. I think I may have been diagnosed with AS or something close to it if it had been a more common diagnosis when I was kid.

I still do have social anxiety, although it's gotten better, and like I sad, I'm definitely not as affected as most that are on the spectrum but I do see a lot of similarities between gay people and random people with Asperger's. It's just something I sense, the "alien" kind of feeling, and for whatever reason, most of the gay and autistic people I meet just seem to take in more, have an awareness about them that most people don't.

#41 OMGWTFBBQ, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011