1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you wish you came out earlier?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Britishskittles, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

No, I wish 100% that sexuality wouldn't have been in a secret garden that no one can get into again.

But, I'm glad to have freedom with being out!

2. Wells

Wells Guest

Hell no. later...

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I was walked in on while messing around during my early teens by one of my parents, as in "surprise." Not a word was said. And not a word was uttered to my other parent, since my parents brushed the important stuff under the rug, and made mountains out of mole hills instead. I guess this is out "enough" - prima facie evidence - and didn't require a declaration, nor a plan to make that declaration.

4. Purrnalist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, yes, it would've made my life both easier and more miserable. But by now, I'd be happier if I had come out sooner. My problem was that I simply didn't know enough about all the gender variations that exist - I only learnt about transgender (etc) people in my late teens and even after that it was difficult for me to accept it, although when it clicked, it has made my life better, although it's not where it's going to be yet.

About my sexual orientation, then, well, I have never been hiding it, I've always liked what I like. It's changed a bit through the years and I haven't hidden that either, meaning that I haven't been talking about it without someone asking or anything but I don't feel I've ever been in the closet with it either.

5. Lewis

I'm 20 and wish I came out the minute I accepted that I was gay - around 17/18. For some reason, it seems impossible for me now and I can't imagine telling my parents anytime soon. They're not homophobic, but the fear of my relationship with them changing really scares me.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes and no. Have I missed a whole hell of a lot by not coming out until my 50's? Hell, yes. But I have 2 great kids who have been my great consolation through the years in the closet, and who will be my lifelong friends as I move out of it. I wouldn't give that up for anything.

I'm also very much convinced that, as naive and innocent and clueless as I was in my teens and twenties, had I come out then, I would almost certainly have trusted the wrong people and very likely wouldn't even be alive to come out today. So I figure it's best to accept your history, appreciate the best of it, and use it to grow into a better person.

7. AmityRanch

I haven't come out yet, but I plan on coming out when I'm eighteen, preferably around Christmas time.
    This will give my parents plenty of time to adjust before I head off to college (and that's when the real fun will begin).

I don't mind being in the closet for now.
    I don't plan on dating anyone in high school, so why bother?