1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think your sexuality affects your music taste?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Early Puberty

Well, if I now am gay, I would say the Music taste is not changed, I like Harry Styles from 1D but I hate their Music.

2. Will2M

I would have to say no :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: being bisexual and listening to death metal is generally not associated hahaha

3. AAASAS

To me gay music is either; Classical, Showtunes, or Pop Music, I basically don't like any of them.

Though I don't HATE classical, I'd rather not listen to it because I prefer drums, and for classical music I basically am only really into strings.

Don't like SHowtunes or Pop.

My music taste really isn't specific to a group; possibly urban black and white people.

I do think my sexuality did influence what lyrics I like though. A lot of hip-hop music; none of the radio, has songs that are really relatable to any minority basically. They also tend to be less about heterosexual love, and more just about life, and if it is about love it's usually preaching universal love and not specific relationship problems; minus Atmosphere but he's just a story writer.

So my sexuality has 100% influenced what I listen to, I honestly couldn't stand listening to the same old love song; basically 80% of songs are love songs, especially when they're all just heterosexual and gender specific.

I've also spent a lot more time listening to music because of trying to deal with being depressed about being gay; therefore I have become heavily into music. I don't think I would be to the same extent if I was straight, I basically used music as a therapy for years.

There are endless reasons why my sexuality influences what I listen to, and it isn't any of the stereotypical reasons either. People could also argue the music genres I listen to are partially homophobic, and they would be right, but I make sure that any artist I listen to isn't a bigot, I really can't listen to someone when I find out something like that about them.

4. LisaDawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Kinda I guess. I like pop and dance music because I like to dance. Just the way I've always been. Never thought about it before. :slight_smile:

5. Daydream Harp

Probably not unless it's a stereotype that Bi/Pan/Omnisexual people love Prog Rock