1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Think You Would Have Kids Someday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WolfyFluff, Apr 12, 2015.

1. slakers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to have kids, with the right guy of course. I can't imagine doing it by myself, but I do give those who do a lot of credit! I already have my boys name picked out...

2. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do want to. At least, if I didn't put in some effort to try I'd feel pretty crummy about it. Too often, kind people don't have kids and assholes too often do. There are some people I know who are choosing never to have kids and I feel like the rest of the human race will be worse off without their genes. I feel like I have some responsibility, in some ways.

3. SpiritEnergy

YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love kids, they are fun and cute!!!!!!
    I know how to take care of children and stuff. Bwahahahahahaaa
    I always took care of my cousins. Also, my nephew and my niece. :grin:
    I would like two boys. :grin:

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny you say that because you have your mood as motherly. :lol:

5. QuecksilverEyes

I don't think I want to have children some day - I'm not at all patient and I get annoyed by the little children at my school whenever I see them.

6. UniversalLover

I am married to a woman, and she definitely wants kids someday, so I am sure I will have some eventually.

7. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Eventually, But not anytime soon.

8. Nope. So many reasons I don't want them. I don't think that will ever change, either. I'm going to be extremely blunt here: people who really, really want kids (especially at my age - what's the rush?) scare me beyond belief.

9. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No...but I love cats and dogs...they can be our kids :grin:

10. Eye Shine

Really? I think that people around our age that want kids are fine as long as they just want them in the future and not at this time. I want kids a whole lot but not until I'm at least 28. We have to live a little right?

11. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I used to want a bunch of kids, because I was convinced that it's the right thing to do, I would have a big family, and it would contribute to the preservation of the Hungarian people. Our nation has less and less births every year. But guess what! I changed my mind.

I realized I don't want my bloodline to continue. There are some hereditary diseases running in my family, which would only cause suffering to my offsprings. That was one of the two reasons.

The other reason is I don't want to waste at least 18 years from my life on things like changing shitty diapers, taking my kid to and from kindergarten and school, studying with him, I don't want to listen to the annoying whining because I didn't buy him some useless toy, I don't want to worry about him taking drugs or going out drunk and getting himself injured or killed. I don't want to worry about his unplanned children, failing in school, I don't want to hear him yelling at me and being ungrateful because I tell him to be home by midnight.
    I don't want to worry about the possibility that he develops some illness for which I'll have to take care of him for the rest of my life. I don't want my girlfriend/wife going through the pain of childbirth and possibly dying from giving birth. All of these outweigh the supposed "bundles of joy" and "little miracles". If you have children, your life is not yours anymore, it's theirs. Every fucking waking hour of your life is spent on your children whether you realize it or not. You have to work harder to provide for them for about two decades, instead of providing for only yourself.

I want to live for myself, I want to come to terms with myself, I want to get rid of my fears and hang-ups, and live my life to the fullest. And that does not in any way include children. I want another person I can share my life with, a complete person, not someone I have to work my ass off to make complete.

So it's a definite NOPE!

12. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Socioeconomically I cannot in my right mind take care of another helpless human. Mentally I'm a complete mess, so a child will be a huge burden that I cannot carry. I leave that part to the more courageous people on our planet.

13. MetalRice

I want a litter full of kids myself, I love them!