1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think that you're weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jenne, Nov 19, 2018.

1. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am so weird... i mean as a whole person.. my personality
    i don't fit in with anyone or any category
    i speak weird i'm socially so awkward i dress boyish but i'm not even so boyish in my attitude.. all the tomboys or butch lesbians i see are so strong and confident and i'm just so insecure and shy
    my music taste is weird.. everything!! i don't know why i'm like this
    i feel like an alien ...
    does anyone else feel this way?

2. Amanda F

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He Jenne,

No two people are alike -- we're all weird in our own weird way. You don't have to fit in. I don't fit in, but there is joy in diversity. Just pretend you do fit in, and let people get to know you. People love me for my quirkiness, but they had to get to know me first, so you have to overcome your insecurities and shyness, and just get out there and be yourself. Pretty sure you'll find there are others a lot like you out there, and you're not as weird as you thought.

3. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think it, I know it for a fact.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and a bit crazy too. :slight_smile:

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My peers confirm it.

6. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If I were an ice cream flavor I would be...

...not vanilla. There would be some nuts, swirls and ripples of sticky goo, and at least 2 different flavors of actual iced cream marbled together.

Being weird is nice when it comes to feeling like an individual. You know what they say-- if you do anything with enough confidence and you can pull it off. But, some of the most amazing things that have happened in my life, are the times that something completely normal happened... to me. It is nice to realize you can relate to humanity and that you feel a connection in some way. It is good to not be so hung up on being weird that we prevent normal things from happening to us. You gotta bring yourself to the party, and then live in the present.

7. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Also, your post reminded me of this song.

#7 UMedusa, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  8. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I'm weird and my sexuality only plays a small part. But I have reached a point at 43 where I don't care anymore....I let people think what they want and this goes at work too. I was hung up far to long and worried what others thought. But since coming out this year I've let go of everything. Actually I have more friends for being open about my sexuality. If I have something to say I will say it. But not in a rude way. I suppose I've become comfortable in my own skin. I am visually impaired so fight a daily battle there too. I've always been weird but now I like being different who cares....

9. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had someone recently try to make me feel bad by saying I'm weird, I'm crazy, people laugh at me, stuff like that. I told them something along the lines of "I know I'm weird; It doesn't bother me at all, I know who I am at the end of the day." I said more to them than that, going into details about my life and how it has contributed to me being weird, but I don't feel like trying to remember what I said.

10. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm weird. But I think on my part it mostly involves location, I'm pretty confident I would fit in better in a more city/urban setting. Setting plays a factor in my strangeness. haha. I don't dress like other girls here, I've yet to find anyone with similar hobbies than mine, other than gaming and reading, those are common. I've always opted for intellectual conversations also, and obviously people in my area think that is odd. I'm from the south also, always have been, but my accent isn't as strong as others. At a younger age I wouldn't speak aloud so much, because for some odd reason I was embarrassed my accent wasn't as strong. As I aged however I began to like the fact that my southern accent wasn't so strong. I recall at younger ages though being looked at differently and occasionally being asked if I was from somewhere else. Like no, I'm not, I just comprehend instruction on the english language and know how to correctly pronounce words. lol. I like being weird, it's more fun than being stereotypical normal. Embrace it!

11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel really weird sometimes. Indecisive, awkward, shy, introverted, keeping to myself, quiet (ESPECIALLY because I'm VERY, VERY quiet). I'm weird because on the one hand I want to be alone, but on the other hand, I don't want to be alone-alone, if that makes sense? I want to be left alone to do the things I want, but I also want to have people around me. I probably sound like a nutjob, lol.

I'm also weird in the way I dress. I don't dress overly feminine, but not really masculine either. I'm somewhere in the middle. I wear women's clothing, but would feel more comfortable in men's clothing. Yet I don't want to come across as a butch lesbian. I'm bisexual and mainly attracted to the opposite sex, and I don't think any straight man would give a second glance (with the thought of dating) at a woman who's dressed in men's clothes. It's a catch-22 really.

Another thing that makes me weird is the fact that I don't like talking about myself with potential partners. I just never know what to say, and I'm too awkward to really "sell it" (convince them to date me). I don't know, maybe I should stop trying so hard and just let things develop naturally? Lol. Oh well, that's just little ole weird me :grin:

12. Brandy Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a lot more time of day than I give the haters!

13. Brandy Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always been called weird. It doesn't help that I'm very, very tall so I stand out already, and an introvert, and genderqueer or something, and completely pansexual (if I'm attracted to someone, it has nothing to do with their gender), and I live and have lived in some very heteronormative places and held a lot of very heteronormative occupations.
    In some ways, I think the "weird" thing I almost projected more so than would naturally occur, because the weird trait became almost an armor or a false identity in itself. When it comes to core values, how I love, what I value in others, what I basically want in life, I'm really not very weird at all.

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bit. Although sometimes I find it presumptuous to say I’m “weird.” Nobody is really that special.

15. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People tell me that I'm weird, but in a good way.

16. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think I was wierd. As I've gotten older and met more and more people I've come to the conclusion that if you get to know them well enough pretty mich everyone is weird, some a bit less weird than myself, some a bit more. I've basically reached the conclusion that I'm about the normal amount of weird, and thus don't really consider myself weird any more.

17. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

My music tastes and interests are unusual for my age. Many would consider me an eccentric.

I've always had a hard time to feel connected with people of my age, something was off. I was always more introspective and serious, growing up in an abusive environment made me moody too. I unlearned how to be spontaneous and silly early on.

As I grew the only constant has been my thirst for knowledge and my approach to things. I see the world as an artist. I notice things most people don't, and they notice things I barely notice.

I have a soft spot for the environment, I can be sensitive to the things that aren't said. I am scared to go and connect with local lgbt people because of previous bad experiences. I wouldn't want to miss the chance though so I'll find a way to get out there at some point.

Do I think I'm weird? Yes. I don't see it as a bad thing though.

18. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel weird a lot. I think we're each our own unique brand of weird. :slight_smile: I think you seem super great.

19. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In fact, I actually like myself most of the time. I have my moments, but most of the time I do. I actually feel more at peace now that I know my sexuality. For years the only "normal" thing about me was that I was straight. And I realized I didn't even "do" straight the way most people did. So actually not being straight has been such a blessing.

20. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree with this!! when i thought i was straight i was even more weird and i hated myself without knowing the reason... now i love myself and i know who i am but i still think i'm weird :grin: this site makes me feel so much better because i can find people i can relate to... i think you're great too :grin: