1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think that you're weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jenne, Nov 19, 2018.

1. LittleLamb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well everybody else seems to think I am, so I'll just go with it!

But seriously, I am probably to some degree weird. I've never fit in anywhere, sometimes I still don't. I'm rarely interested in things my peers enjoy and I feel like a lot of today's entertainment (including celebrities) is overrated or just awful. A lot of times people have their own cliques and they don't think very highly of the 'weird ones'. As a child I was either reading or wanting to learn, somethng my peers/friends hated. It can suck because not everyone wants to be your friend when you're weird but at the end of the day you have to be true to yourself.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an acquired taste

3. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am diagnosed with weird, get on my level!

(autism)

4. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    -> I am probably to some degree weird. I've never fit in anywhere, sometimes I still don't.

Honestly, this sounds pretty normal to me. It sounds like you have a decent grip on who you are. Too bad for everybody else.

-> I'm rarely interested in things my peers enjoy and I feel like a lot of today's entertainment (including celebrities) is overrated or just awful.

I can't stand celebrities - I call them self-indulgent and narcissistic. They are a total waste of time. I have a wide range of interests, and yes some are weirder than others. For example, I have no interest in sports, which is a bad thing for a guy. I never had a dad, so never developed any interest in sports. So that makes me weird when around guys. I just keep quiet and let everybody else talk about it.

-> A lot of times people have their own cliques and they don't think very highly of the 'weird ones'.

I believe they do this because they don't know how to fit in anywhere else. Misery loves company.

5. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up, people would remark "I wish I knew how your brain works" or "Psychologists would have a field day with you", so I certainly got the impression that some people found me a bit odd. There are some things that I do which I realise don't make much sense but they're comforting so I do them anyway, and I can understand why people might find them confusing. I've had teachers refer to me as quirky before, and once this happened when the teacher had only known me for a short while, so I found it odd and wondered why she had reached that conclusion. Some people have even commented on how I write, calling it unusual...but at the moment I've yet to figure out why. Is it too formal? Perhaps the pacing is slightly off?

There are things that bother me which probably shouldn't, but they do. I'm quite particular about food due to being hypersensitive, and unfortunately some people misinterpret this as me trying to be difficult on purpose, but that's far from the case. So I end up sticking to bland foods, much to the dismay of others around me sometimes. I'm also somewhat socially awkward, but these things take practice I suppose. Mainly because I sometimes find it hard to tell if a person is being sarcastic or passive aggressive or not since I'm not great at deciphering the small differences in vocal inflections. However, I'm trying to improve upon this though.

It can be annoying because I find that people are often questioning the smallest of things that I do. "Why do you eat that way?", "Is there any significance to the fact you're eating it in a certain order?", "Why not eat it this way?", "If I do this, does it bother you?", "But, why does this bother you?", "Why are you so meticulous/particular/weird?" and so on. Whilst I appreciate the effort to understand me, I'd also like to sit down and do the things I do without someone trying to analyse my behaviour every now and then.

6. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You sound fascinating to me. You are comfortable with yourself as you are, regardless of how that differs from others.

-> "Psychologists would have a field day with you"

Only because they struggle to understand the world around them.

->. There are some things that I do which I realise don't make much sense but they're comforting so I do them anyway

Talk about well adjusted. Don't you wish others would just get over themselves and move on?

-> I sometimes find it hard to tell if a person is being sarcastic or passive aggressive or not since I'm not great at deciphering...

Neither are psychologists good at this. I tend to be blunt, but never intend to offend. Sounds like your heart is in the right place.

-> "Why are you so meticulous/particular/weird?"

I ended up working in an field where this is a necessary trait. While others can see how I am, they appreciate me for it as well. It took years for me to lighten up on those around me and not expect them to be the same. I used to get frustrated with others who were sloppy by nature. I'm good with it now, as I value and appreciate diversity/variety.

BTW - "Why do you eat that way?" - Just kidding..

7. Loves books

I have been told many times by many people I’m weird. I’m weird because I love reading, I don’t realize something is offensive or mean when I say it, my lack of social skills. My aunt thinks I have aspergers but that’s the same aunt who thought my dad was dead because he was still asleep at 10 am and told me, when I was 12, I should get sterilized to avoid passing on a genetic disorder.She’s lucky I didn’t completely understand her then. I tried to get tested through my college health system, but first I had to see a GP to refer me to a psychiatrist who would refer me to somewhere to be tested because she only works for the college four days a week. I made it as far as the psychiatrist who said I might be borderline aspergers but she thinks I have a few anxiety issues. The females in my family find my utter lack of make up and fashion astounding. All through my school years I was called weirdo. I didn’t mind because I agreed. I knew I was different and weird I just didn’t know why or how. And all that without anyone knowing I was a lesbian.

8. Noahand2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a proud weirdo lol. I get called it so many times and I just smile. But don't feel like your hobbies and your taste feel weird to you. Find people who enjoy them as you do, and trust me it wont't feel weird. Don't be afraid to be unique.

9. Questnmark

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Normal is boring

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm weird as fuck and I embrace it. After years of being made fun of for being weird, I've owned it and made it part of who I am. My gender identity and (lack of) sexuality are only a small part of my oddball-ness. I'm a freak and I'll own that until I die. :fist:

11. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Agreed. And anyone who says they not weird is in denial.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People do tell me I'm weird. About 3/4 of the time, it's meant as a compliment, it seems. These people like me. The remaining 1/4 of the time, it comes off as a put down and I'm almost certain these people aren't that fond of me. I am comfortable with my own level of weirdness. People who try to hard to keep up with the Joneses make me uncomfortable.

13. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to do boring things like visiting historical sites and going to flea markets which I’ve been told is weird for my age.

14. Jamilove

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup weird as well. Nice thing is being your weird self and letting the chips fall where they may. My friends and family really wouldn't be surprised by much with me. They wrote me off as different a long time ago..... actually it's kind of freeing. Some left but most stayed and embraced the weird me.

15. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am definitely eccentric
    My musical and artistic taste are eclectic and avant-gard
    I’m an existential introvert who loves really old movies and architecture
    Sometimes I think I’m living in the wrong time or that maybe it’s my last life with unresolved business (I did die once and had a close second call)
    Sometimes I feel like a pawn on a chess board....
    Yeah I’m weird

16. epicoddity

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Different isn't always weird, it's just different and in most ways it's the differences in us that make us only who we can be. Everyone talks about normal but no one ever really realizes that there can never be a set definition for normal because everything is always changing and everyone is always adapting to those changes.

Let go of the labels, they hold you back, they put you in a box when your spirit was never meant to be encased in one. Open up your perception to who and what is around you because it ultimately effects your understanding of the way you apply anything and everything to yourself.

17. Lexa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I'm weird :slight_smile: . Nothing wrong with that :slight_smile: .

18. redplanet1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i've always thought of myself as wonderfully weird. i guess, it kinda makes me comfortable and a little bit more confident about myself.

19. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like the sexuality spectrum, we come in different shades and colors. Being weird is synonymous to being unique ( in my dictionary). Embrace it. If monochrome was cool as it was “ the first normal”, then we won’t have these wonderful colourful movies of today.
    If someone calls you weird, say thank you. It’s the highest compliment they are unknowingly paying you.

20. RavenWing

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the token "weird" girl at my school, not in a bad way though. People can just count on me for embracing everything that makes me unique and genuinely just enjoying being who I am and whatever obscure thing I'm into.

For example:
    • I have pet snails which I raise and (accidentally) breed. I am known as the "snail girl" and proudly wear that title! (Just got a hoodie that says 'I like my snails and maybe like 3 people')
    • I LOVE furbies. With my entire heart. Those funky little robots make me so happy and, since I don't care if people think I'm weird, I bring them to school on occasion just to live my best life
    • I dress differently than most of my friends, shifting from aesthetic to aesthetic but typically dressing similar to that of a 40 year old suburban mother. I do, however, like to wear random accessories that are just strange (like a realistic glass eye necklace)
    • I have a very loud and sometimes overbearing personality, and while it may annoy some people and makes me "weird" to some, it's a part of why others find me endearing
    Other things surely make me "weird" but I can't really think of them since this is from the inside looking in haha.
    In my opinion, "weird" is just unique and differences among people should be celebrated, not ridiculed.