1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you see yourself...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, May 2, 2014.

1. Van

Van

Yes, I would like to be a father one day.
    No, I don't see myself having any kids. Why? Because there are too many "if"-s at this point.

2. Emulator

Most likely not.
    If there was the slightest chance of having children, I would adopt.

3. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I doubt I'd have children. If I did I would want my girlfriend to be the mom. I don't want to pass my genes around. Too many mental health issues.

4. Oh no. I have already made up my mind. Reasons being...

1. I love children, little kids especially since when I was in middle school, they would be the ones I would hang out with, but I probably wouldn't be a good mother to them or be able to help them with a lot of the things they go through...
    2. I wouldn't want to put anyone else on this crazy and torn planet... It will probably be worse by the time they would be born if I did have children.
    3. I am terrified of being pregnant.
    4. I do NOT want to have sex with a man or have a their private part inside of me.
    5. I would rather have it to where it's just me and my wife/husband, you know? I know this is petty and silly, but I would feel as though once there is a kid around, soon I would be forgetten, and my partners love for me would probably decrease... And since a wife or husband is the only person I could have all to myself, I kind of just would like it if they could just be mine, you know?
    6. If my partner, whether male or female, really wanted kids, I would HAVE to adopt. Preferbly from Japan^^
    7. I don't really know if I would want a girl or a boy. I would like a girl, but I know how hard being a girl can be... But then, I know nothing about guys, so yeah idk ><

So, yeah, those are my thoughts on kids. I really like them and probably would have one, but no, this world I feel is just too dangerous to have them and I don't know how good I will be at protecting them.... :frowning2:

5. timo

No. The horror. I can't stand children.

I also wouldn't be a good father. Maybe it's selfish but children would take up a lot of time and money, and I like my freedom way too much. Besides that, the world is already highly overpopulated so why would I want to add to that problem?

Yes.

6. IsThisAName

I'm pretty positive I want kids. Probably two or three of them. Other people's kids annoy me easily sometimes but I think kids are adorable and I feel like when it's my kids I'll love them and it'll be totally different cause I'll be smitten. I'd want them to be either biologically mine or my wife's, and we'd probably do artificial insemination.

@timo Definitely not selfish. It's better to recognize that you don't want kids than to bring kids into the world anyway like a lot of people do despite not being prepared for it.

7. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely want kids. I'd really love to have two daughters and a son but any kids will make me happy. I don't really have a preferred method. Adoption works. If I'm married, I think it'd be awesome for my wife to have the kids (if she could/ wanted to). If I'm not married, I think I'll most likely use a surrogate with my eggs so that the child is biologically mine.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No.

Never.

9. NicoletteChris

I feel so awkward reading most of these replies and seeing most of the other gay individuals on here being not open to children but I'm pretty opposite of that. I feel like there is a maternal and loving side of me deep down and I feel that it's actually a goal in my life as an adult to eventually have and/or take care of children. It's really weird because I'm super awkward in person around kids but I like to think it's because my mom and family are around me and my love for kids is sort of like a private thing for me kind of like letting my walls come down and showing a more caring and nurturing part of myself.

Do I want kids? F** yes. Obviously I worry about being able to provide for them and being a good parent and etc but I really want kids, and I sorta hope my future wife does too. I would adopt and become a foster parent maybe but it depends on what my financial situation and living situation would be. I dream of living in a nice house with a well paying job so if I could have that I'd adopt a few kids. But mostly I also feel like I want kids of my own. I'd like to probably do artificial insemination or actually if bone marrow conception becomes a safe alternative then you can bet your butt I'd do that 110%. I love babies and children so much and want my own so badly. Is that weird for a lesbian to say? Well whatever. I also don't really have a fear of being pregnant now I think I'd do it in fact if my wife and I both want to have children I'd probably want to be the first one to be pregnant because it's kind of a personal thing for me. Depending on my living situation I can say in my fantasies I imagine myself married to my wife with 3-5 biological daughters maybe, and no boys or maybe one but that's it.

10. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^This! Already have two. Five more and I'll have Crazy Cat Person status :thumbsup:

11. Hexagon

If I found myself with someone capable of pregnancy, I might do AI. It has been suggested to me that my cousin could provide the sperm. Interesting concept. I don't think I'd be too hot on the idea of surrogacy, though. I wouldn't feel comfortable asking someone to carry a baby, it reeks of slavery to be honest. I might adopt. Might not get a kid at all.

12. awesomeness

I just feel like once you have kids, then your own life is basically over. From that point on, they'll be your first priority. And you'll have no choice in the matter, because your body releases hormones that basically "force" you to love your kid, more than you love yourself. And that thought scares me. Plus, kids generally bore the hell out of me.

Who knows if I'll change my mind in the future though.

#32 awesomeness, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  13. AAASAS

I wouldn't be against adoption, but I would have to have a decent amount of money for me to ever consider that. Kid's don't just need attention to be brought up properly, they need cash.

14. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see myself as having children now. I'd rather hoped to be an Uncle one day, but the death of my only Sister in 2007 ended that possibility too. Such is life!

15. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's fine to have your comfort levels, that's legitimate but I wouldn't equate surrogacy to slavery... It's quite judgmental toward those who have used/ are considering using a surrogate. It's not ideal, perhaps, but for some, it may be the only way, and these women sign up to do this and are paid for their service so, it's not a forced/ free-labor experience.

16. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to see myself as a parent, but realistically, I don't really see that happening unless I adopt. Besides I realistically need to figure some things out about myself first, and wouldn't feel comfortable adopting as a single parent, so...

17. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would definitely like to be a mother. Babies are so cute and tiny! ^^ I don't know how I'd get one though. But I definitely wouldn't have sex with a guy to do it, lol.

18. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Adoption all the way. No way would I copulate with someone of the opposite sex to fulfil my needs of wanting a child.

19. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, Id like to be a mother someday. Adoption sounds like a good route to go but surrogacy might be a possibility *shrug

20. The username

Nope, have no desire for kids. But if I had to choose I would go with adoption.