1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you find yourself attractive?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Virgo, Dec 29, 2014.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It varies, depending on my mood and what aspect of myself I am focusing on.

2. Ryu

Ryu

No. I am a slob.

3. Gen

Gen

What I find interesting is that the OP never specified whether we were speaking physically, emotionally, or intellectually. Whether we were judging ourselves based on our appearances or our natures. Our spirits or our smiles.

I just wanted to remind everyone that there is much more for others to love and appreciate about us than the characteristics our minds automatically jump to. We are all comprised of dozens of components and each and every one of them can be found attractive and beautiful by those who matter.

Truthfully, although that is the philosophy I preach, there are times I stare at my reflection and wonder whether I truly am beautiful enough for someone to love...

But then I wipe the dust from my eyes and realize,

[​IMG]

4. Toast8971

It varies from day to day. Sometimes at one point in the day I'll think I am, but later on the same day I'll think I look ugly. I usually try to avoid mirrors for the most part.

5. anniebunnie

anniebunnie Guest

I think I look decent

6. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know I'm not a model, but I don't think I'm ugly either. I guess that means I'm average, so being called things like cute or sexy usually makes me giggle, lol.

a longgggggg time ago I used to have really long hair, down to the middle of my back at one point. when it was that long I used to dye it black (from my normal brown), somehow I just decided that it looked better darker when it was that length.

now my hair is mostly a mix of very little brown, mostly gray with some white in it and I've never felt the need to color it anymore. the part I like most though is my beard. it used to be mostly reddish brown, which is now mixed with the same gray and white, but the combination looks better there, at least I think so.

7. Clancularius

Clancularius Guest

I suppose I'm attractive, but other people tell me I'm very attractive.

8. ChameleonSoul

Not really. People have always told me that I'm too judgmental of myself, especially my looks. There are times where I do think I look ok but I'm usually thinking about how I should lose a few pounds or something along those lines.

9. GhostNeko

Not in the least. I always get belittled for my physical appearance. My medium-long ish hairstyle,(for guys anyway) how I always wear my hoodie all the way zipped up, my skin color (too pale, but hey IT'S WINTER!!!) And of course I never liked my own looks. I just agree with others opinions.

10. ZestyLion

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Although I tend to think of myself as ugly more often than attractive. :dry:

11. Amerigo

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what I was thinking. I am not "my type." I tend to check out a type that has some similarities, but also dissimilarities. Also, I'd change some things about myself, such as my height, the proportions of my frame, and some other features, and I felt this way even during college.

A couple of other things are worth mentioning. The first is that, if I'm a depressed state, I don't find myself attractive. I'm thinking this is common for people when they are very depressed. Then, if I'm feeling fairly good, I like myself more. The second is that it is sort of a setback when you are not "your type's" type. When that happens, a person may be prone to thinking he or she is not attractive.

13. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do, for the most part.

Though I should note that traits I find most attractive aren't necessarily those many others find attractive - eccentricity, nerdiness, thick body type, long hair, bearded, tattooed, an overly dry sense of humor, and being a badass. I know perfectly well most people don't like one or more or most of those.

Anyhow, I hit most of those traits (I can't label myself a badass, after all) - so yes, I find myself attractive. When I meet relatively similar people, I am indeed attracted to them. Could be a bit taller, I suppose, but that's about it.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'm mediocre looks wise.

I think I'm a somewhat of a likable person though in regards to personality :slight_smile:

15. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm attractive most days, but it really depends on my mood and how I am dressed.

16. Sapphire

Sapphire Guest

This offended me, but only because your words are a reflection of what I think in the irrational, self-pitying part of my mind that I hate so much. My friend, if you "sometimes" find yourself attractive, that's enough, it's better than "never".

You are your own worst critic, even worse than the people who judge you the most harshly, because those people don't give you nearly as much thought as you do. We all spend more time judging ourselves than anyone else does, so if anything ignore the things about you that displease you if you can't help them, because no good will come of focusing on them.

17. White Knight

I don't know and I don't care.

I know there are people who finds me attractive... at least hot enough to bang. :grin:

Not my biggest priority in life anyway.

18. Jonathan

Not particularly.

19. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

If I were to meet my own doppelganger right now I wouldn't even bat an eye because I am that unattractive. No offense to my doppelganger but I just don't see it.

20. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends how you measure attractiveness. If we are just focusing on outward appearance, then I'd say no. I see myself as quite ordinary and conventional, but I do think I'm wearing okay in comparison to other people of my age. I have been quite shocked to see how some of my old school/college 'friends' have aged.

If we measure attractiveness by interpersonal skills and qualities then I'd say I'm much more attractive. I've arrived at a point where I rather like who I am. In common with most people, I have my issues, but they are not so big and overwhelming that I would want to change. I don't think I need to, to be more attractive.

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2014 at 07:26 AM ----------

Very well said... especially the final line or two. :icon_bigg