1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever wish you were straight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hot Pink, Aug 23, 2012.

?

Would you rather be straight if it was possible?

1. Yes.

41 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No.

117 vote(s)
    51.8%
  3. Sometimes.

65 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I am freaking straight!

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, and I am still getting over internalized homophobia.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. BelleFromHell

Nope, although I wish straight people would see me as straight.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah I've met some really awesome people and wouldn't wanna throw that all down the drain

5. Alfhild

for me yes i would wish to be straight or just sexually attracted to people, just to be normal, or straight to not have to hide everything from my parents, believe it or not i do want to get along with my parents but this is not to be...

6. BiJimmy

BiJimmy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    NEVER - I'm happy with what I have become and who I am

7. straightqueer20

I am sorta straight in the fact that I like men and I don't have a penis so I mean I am on the physical level heterosexual. I always wished I was fully content as a woman. I have always been too boyish to be a woman really. I look and act what people perceive as male. I always was just kind of in the middle somewhere. When I was a kid I was a tomboy then grew up and it got unacceptable. I got targeted sometimes because I was perceived as a lesbian but even weirder because I was more masculine than that than just representation. I never really identified as female or male. I don't believe in gender on a personal level. But I used to wish that I was more feminine in personality. But I really do prefer just being me. But it would be less of a hassle. Because I'm now always perceived a male usually a younger male. But so I often get mistaken as a homosexual. Socially it can be a problem. But overall I figure I am this way for a reason. So I just accept it. I am content with my sexuality though. Sometimes I do think socially it would be more acceptable for me to be a lesbians though.

#87 straightqueer20, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. edgy

edgy Guest

im not gonna lie...

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would rather pass away than be straight

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Sometimes, especially lately, I almost do

11. Caillin

No it would would decrease my dating options :lol:

12. C P

C P

These last few days I've been, once again, leaning towards wishing I were at least bi/pan. It's caused me nothing but on/off misery otherwise.

I've had plenty of opportunities where, if I was straight, I'd have experienced things like dating or at least some playful moments with a girl where the feelings would have gone both ways; can't tell you how much it bothers me to think of all the times where a girl has shown interest to some degree (and likely being compatible otherwise) and me being indifferent to it.

I mean I still can't even say that simple 2/3 letter phrase to myself: "I'm ___." <--- :dry: ...nor do I see it happening in the (near) future.

I was honestly kinda glad when the weekend was over with so everybody could stop talking about the Pride weekend stuff, for obvious reasons.

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

When I first was accepting THE GAY I often said "I wish I were straight" because I knew finding a boyfriend would be far, far easier than a girlfriend.... but now I'm okay with liking women but never having a girlfriend because I just don't like men that way so it's not even a possibility for me, I can't imagine not liking women, and I like that I do :slight_smile:

14. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I am now proud to be me. Unless I'm with my mom and a pretty girl smiles at me, then I turn red as a beet.

15. Weekender

No. It would definitely easier, but I feel like I've learned a lot just through the process of self-discovery. I feel like it's made me a more accepting (and generally better) person than I would have been.

16. BryanA

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel isolated. My thoughts terrify me. Other peoples thoughts terrify me. I can't come out because I don't want to be treated differently. Can't make a decision whether to be honest with myself, or lie to everyone about everything that matters to me at the cost of my own happiness. I'm 21, and I like men. I recently visited my family. Something about seeing my younger cousins talking about girls makes me feel more depressed than I have been in a long time. I would give anything to be thought of as normal. My confidence is already close to nonexistent. I'm simply not strong enough to endure a life like this. I see on television and the internet the terms f@g and gay. I hear it at school. I just can't do this. I don't want to. I just need to be straight. Straight people seem so happy, and so free. I'm always on the verge of tears. I don't know one other gay person, I have no friends other than one other person, who is basically a complete narcissist. I'm alone, a disappointment, useless. What is the point in life for someone like me. I'm not proud, and I never want to be. I need somebody to love, someone who makes me something I'm not. Or just some damn inspiration to keep in mind. It's been hard to wake up in the morning lately. I'm just so isolated. I can't do this anymore.

17. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I'm happy I like girls, I wish I was a cis woman though, that'd be fantastic... Wouldn't really mind if I was bi but never straight :/

18. LibraryLass

LibraryLass Guest

Sometimes I wake up and feel straight... and other times I wake up and feel like a lesbian... and other times I wake up and don't even effing know. At least it would be consistent - also, I think I am feeling more straight today than I was a week ago :/

I dunno if that even makes sense, but yeah.

19. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I have the second widest spectrum of potential choices for partners, why would I give up that?

#99 Rawrzilla, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  20. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I do.

It'd save me the whole coming out process, the whole having to be out or hold secrets dilemma. I could live a normal life according to those that surround me (I'd rather conform than be different), it'd save the hidden judgements (from everyone) and prejudice among some that I'd get. Also, it'd make it far, far easier for me to get a relationship.

Yeah, I've come to accept it, but doesn't mean I like it. :eusa_naug